Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

What if?
Posted 2009-10-28, 08:54 AM
What if? What if the 2012 predictions are true. What if? I do not care if any one or all of them come true, but the world does have some sort of meltdown and caves in on itself, or a large sum of the population does become nonexistant. Given you survive any sort of hypothetical situation, how would you plan to live your life and conduct yourself afterwards?

I plan to be with my family for the entire week before the whole '2012' incident just in case some nut job wants to launch a nuclear weapon somewhere in the world to try and cause a 'ripple-effect' armageddon. I feel I might as well be with them just in case something near that timeframe does happen. In wake of the '2012' movie coming to theaters soon so I figured I would ask.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-10-28, 08:56 AM in reply to D3V's post "What if?"
I don't think it will have any impact on my life at all. Maybe you could pick up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergen...Save_Your_Life
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-10-28, 10:12 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "I don't think it will have any impact..."
If it happens it happens and if it doesn't it doesn't.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-10-28, 05:49 PM in reply to D3V's post "What if?"
I refuse to do anything differently because I will probably make it through and still die at the ripe old age of 80, much to my chagrin.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2009-10-28, 06:51 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I refuse to do anything differently..."
I'll be on my 'cycle, riding the burning roads. My guns on hand, my head a-blaze.
As the beasts come, left and right, I shoot all I can, and avoid with immense speed. A girl screams in terrors, as the devils come near, but soon they fall to my speeding metal, and the girls is safely clinging to my back, as we speed off into armageddon.

Or something like that. I do have a red scarf, so it makes sense.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-28, 08:10 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I'll be on my 'cycle, riding the..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
I'll be on my 'cycle, riding the burning roads. My guns on hand, my head a-blaze.
As the beasts come, left and right, I shoot all I can, and avoid with immense speed. A girl screams in terrors, as the devils come near, but soon they fall to my speeding metal, and the girls is safely clinging to my back, as we speed off into armageddon.

Or something like that. I do have a red scarf, so it makes sense.
And you're the girl in that story
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2009-10-28, 08:27 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "And you're the girl in that story"
Well, that just killed all my epic... and I get the feeling that wasn't alot, either...
Oh well. I guess it's like they say. "If at first you don't succeed, you're probably not Chuck Norris."
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-28, 08:28 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "And you're the girl in that story"
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....=manly_suicide

Just an option.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2009-10-28, 08:51 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/..."
I recall there being some teevision program a few years back that my mother was watching. I overheard it say something along the lines of this "book" something or another has predicted every event that has happened to the planet earth for as long as people can remember, all the way from Christ to the Twin Towers. This book predicted, that in 2009 there would be a massive earthquake in western North America that would cause California to disconnect from the other states, and drift off into the ocean. This book also predicted that in 2012, the world would come to an end, and it will be the day of "Judgement".

Is this the same reason I keep hearing about 2012 being armageddon?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2009-10-28, 08:53 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I recall there being some teevision..."
Mayan calendar! DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2009-10-28, 10:00 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Mayan calendar!..."
Anyone remember when 2000 was gonna be armageddon? Ah, those were the days... computers were supposed to completely melt down and stop... life was supposed to end, and we were all doomed...

Somehow, I feel this is going to end up the same...

BUT! Since this is theoretical... I think it will be rather difficult to start over. I mean, who here really has the know-how to live off the land? If you think about how much we rely on other people operating everything... it's pretty trippy... Clean water, we'd have to make it. Food, we'd have to grow it, and hope we have enough reserves to last at least however long so that any crops you plant could develop and produce something edible. Meat will obviously be the most difficult because not many people know how to butcher an animal and save the 'clean' parts. I think I would have an honest-to-god hell of a time readjusting to the new world. But then again, so did the Romans when their empire fell into the Dark Ages...

I dunno if it's just me, but I see many similarities between America and ancient Rome...
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2009-10-28, 10:17 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I recall there being some teevision..."
Odds are they were speaking about Nostradamous, but most of his stuff is so fucking vague it could be applied to anything and the thing about the 9/11 attacks being predicted turned out to be a hoax. Snopes that shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2009-10-29, 05:45 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Odds are they were speaking about..."
I don't know much about it, but people say 9/11 and the Whore of Babylon have some kind of connection. I honestly don't, but who knows.

My guess is to say, at least get ready for 2012, and if nothing happens, then, damn... oh well, better luck next time.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-29, 08:58 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I don't know much about it, but people..."
I'll prepare for it like I did the year 2000... do nothing.

Speaking of the year 2000, when it turned midnight I was at a new years eve party with my parents when all of a sudden all the lights shut off! I was like holy shit it's happening!!

Then we found out one of the neighbors played a practical joke and shut off the power to the house. lawl
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-10-29, 10:26 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I'll prepare for it like I did the year..."
best practical joke ever.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-12-09, 10:54 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "best practical joke ever."
Last night I had a weird moment with my youngest brother. We were just hanging out, after a little bit of sparring and were just bullshitting watching TV. Anyways, we get to talking about music for a long time, and then about how brains are wired and how our perceptions are very closely the same, not just us but all of our intermediate relatives all have the same thought processes almost every time. We were talking about how lots of people aren't concious enough to realize how great our actual existence is, and that it's really sad. We continue to talk and he forgets what he was saying and sits there stumped (I do this all the time as well-when you are going on about something and ADD or something kicks in and you totally forget where your train of thought was going).. anywho, I was focused into what he was saying and actually tried to focus my thoughts on making him remember. It was a weird moment, I started to focus and almost instantly after thinking this, he starts talking and my Deja Vu moment started playing out. What he was trying to remember was my deja vu moment.

Is there any signifigance to this? Probably not. It was just a weird moment. Afterwards we just bs'ed about space-time and how the concept itself of time is something we're never going to be able to understand, ending with some chatter about how we don't want our existence to be our last, as in, we want to have some sort of existence after our death here. Who knows?

An hour or two after Madden I finally crash and while i'm watching TV I started going off into a mental hypnosis type of state where I'm just thinking about everything and focusing very well. While Judge "whateverblacklady" was on, I was thinking to myself "Damn, I wish I could figure out how to use the rest of my brain, I wish I could just prove to others that there is more to our reality than what we currently grasp".. and exactly at that time on the divorce court show they started talking about this girl's 'crazy' boyfriend and how they are getting divorced because he believed in the world ending in 2012.

Last night was weird.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-12-09, 11:46 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Last night I had a weird moment with my..."
D3V said: [Goto]
[...]

Since we're all doomed, how about you send me all your money?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Combinatus enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzCombinatus enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Combinatus

Posted 2009-12-09, 01:56 PM in reply to Combinatus's post starting "Since we're all doomed, how about you..."
...the hell? Did you even read any of that? I never said I was doomed.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-12-09, 03:04 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "...the hell? Did you even read any of..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav