Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Do you wear eyeglasses/contacts?
Posted 2007-09-03, 08:00 PM
I do, and happen to be quite the blind fellow. I usually wear my contacts, and sometimes if I wear my glasses for a long time I do get dizzy because my contacts don't correct my astigmatism, but my glasses do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-09-03, 09:33 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Do you wear eyeglasses/contacts?"
No, I do not. I have very good vision. Super genes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-09-03, 09:48 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Do you wear eyeglasses/contacts?"
I actually have glasses, I don't have to wear them a lot though.

I'm near sighted, so at Uni(if I wanna read the board as they always use shitty blue and red) and the few other obvious times. Really, i could always wear them but im just not used to it, only ahd them for a short time. Night time driving with the glasses helped a lot.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2007-09-04, 04:16 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Do you wear eyeglasses/contacts?"
I'm short-sighted, so I wear spec. It's at the point where I need them all the time.

Never tried contacts, and I don't really fancy the idea of putting them in.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-09-05, 06:28 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'm short-sighted, so I wear spec. It's..."
Contacts, I usually sleep in them so i'm used to them, been using them for actually about 6 years now! Geez, just realized it. My vision is getting progressively worse as I get older, thanks alot parents..

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-09-05, 07:05 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Contacts, I usually sleep in them so..."
Ha, same here. Although my dad's vision is actually improving.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-09-05, 10:01 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Do you wear eyeglasses/contacts?"
I wear contacts. Screw glasses.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-09-05, 10:05 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I wear contacts. Screw glasses."
I have daily disposable ones that I order through a magazine. They are easier on your eyes, and fairly cheap if you get them bulk. Only time I use my glasses is right when I wake up and right before bed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-09-05, 06:59 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Do you wear eyeglasses/contacts?"
No, but I do need them. Too much time in front of a computer seems to have screwed my vision a bit.

I'll probably go have my eyes checked when I get some Vision coverage at a job.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-09-05, 07:21 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "No, but I do need them. Too much time..."
Don't wear them myself either. But this screen will slowly eat away at my vision so don't worry, I'll join you soon enough.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-09-05, 07:26 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Don't wear them myself either. But..."

Except my genes mostly suck
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2007-09-05, 07:31 PM in reply to Xenn's post starting "No, I do not. I have very good vision...."
Xenn said:

Except my genes mostly suck
I understand, conceptually, your premise
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-09-05, 09:05 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Do you wear eyeglasses/contacts?"
I wear glasses. I can generally see without them, though my vision is getting worse.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-09-06, 06:56 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I wear glasses. I can generally see..."
I thought you were a computer? Don't you mean Glare reduction lens?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-09-08, 08:52 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Do you wear eyeglasses/contacts?"
Glasses, and I'm pretty lost without them. Back when I first got them, the optometrist said there was something wrong with my eyes (some form of permanent conjunctivitis or something) that prevented me from getting contacts. Sounds kind of fishy the more I think about it.

I imagine I could get them now, given the technological changes to the optometry field in the past 15 or so years, but I've gotten used to the way I look with glasses at this point, and don't really like the idea of having disks hanging out in my eyes all day. I might consider Lasik sometime. Buddy of mine got it done about 8 months ago, and is totally happy with the results.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-09-09, 01:47 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Do you wear eyeglasses/contacts?"
Typically I wear contacts, but I have to wear glasses since I'm out of lenses.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-09-10, 06:02 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Do you wear eyeglasses/contacts?"
i wear glasses, and i hate them. i don't wear them as much as i should cause i hate them so much
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2007-09-11, 08:23 AM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "i wear glasses, and i hate them. i..."
Get contacts? They're much better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-09-11, 09:32 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Get contacts? They're much better."
Contacts are good. Mine are never old so my eyes don't get 'tired'. Daily disposables rock and are cheap if you get a year's supply.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-09-11, 10:00 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Do you wear eyeglasses/contacts?"
I don't wear them, but was perscribed them a few years ago...for reading or something. But I see fine...most of the time :P
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo