Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Diablo 2 connection problems...
Posted 2004-03-29, 07:43 PM
im at a friends house and im trying to get him online with diablo2, he has gay 56k and it sucks real bad, we tried to connect and it took awhile and it gave us that gay error we get when we get on and off char's too much,(and logs you off).. aol connects and it gives the error on d2. i looked at blizzard.net FAQ's and it dident tell much.
thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BA-ZabreclanX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBA-ZabreclanX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BA-ZabreclanX

Posted 2004-03-29, 07:58 PM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Diablo 2 connection problems..."
It tells you "Unable to Connect to Battle.net", as if you weren't connected to the internet?

If you are, it's merely an IP ban. Those usually go away after 5-20 minutes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-29, 08:00 PM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Diablo 2 connection problems..."
It might've been because it thought you were bruteforcing a password.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-03-29, 08:02 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "It might've been because it thought you..."
It bans an IP after too many connect/disconnects from the server in a short amount of time. Just be careful and don't fly thru characters, and you're usually fine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-31, 04:26 PM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Diablo 2 connection problems..."
ya i have the same problem, i was going to post a similar ?. anyone got any solutions?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
6InchBluePony is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between6InchBluePony is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

6InchBluePony

Posted 2004-03-31, 04:33 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "It bans an IP after too many..."
Vollstrecker said:
It bans an IP after too many connect/disconnects from the server in a short amount of time. Just be careful and don't fly thru characters, and you're usually fine.

I don't think he will be flying through much at 56k.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-03-31, 04:34 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "I don't think he will be flying through..."
kockblocker1 said:
I don't think he will be flying through much at 56k.
It doesnt connect at ALL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
6InchBluePony is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between6InchBluePony is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

6InchBluePony

Posted 2004-03-31, 05:49 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "I don't think he will be flying through..."
If he has a troublesome connection, and has auto-reconnect on, it could.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-31, 05:56 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "If he has a troublesome connection, and..."
Vollstrecker said:
If he has a troublesome connection, and has auto-reconnect on, it could.
reconnect is off
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

6InchBluePony