Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Fallout
Posted 2008-10-07, 02:04 PM
System Requirements:
CPU: Pentium II 300 Mhz
RAM: 64 MB or better
Videocard: DirectX Certified Video Card with at least 4 MB of Video RAM
Soundcard: DirectX certified sound card
Harddrive: 1.5 GB (because I have all three games)
Other: Keyboard / Mouse

It's funny to see all the old titles what they required, I just bought this series hoping to aquire a taste for it before Fallout3 is launched.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-07, 03:07 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "Fallout"
Fallout 1 and 2 kick ass. Don't ever play Fallout Tactics or Brotherhood of Steel.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2008-10-07, 03:46 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Fallout 1 and 2 kick ass. Don't ever..."
I tried getting into fallout 1 but I didn't have the patience for it at the time. The graphics and lack of any clue what to do really threw me off.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-10-07, 04:33 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Fallout 1 and 2 kick ass. Don't ever..."
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
Fallout 1 and 2 kick ass. Don't ever play Fallout Tactics or Brotherhood of Steel.

Fallout Tactics isn't abyssmal, although saying that it's captivating would be an overstatement. It lacks depth. Fallout 2, however, is one of the best games ever created. Your life will not become complete unless you play through Fallout 2 at least once.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-10-07, 04:50 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Fallout Tactics isn't abyssmal,..."
I got raped by the rats in Fallout 1. Couldn't shoot the damn things and they just jumped me like a schoolgirl in an alley way.. It was bad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-08, 01:23 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I got raped by the rats in Fallout 1...."
It can take some time to figure out where to allocate your stats and which perks to use on your first playthrough to make things easier. I recommend checking out GameFAQs for some advice. Don't give up. It's a world worth exploring.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-10-08, 07:19 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "Fallout"
I tried it about a year back (I think I've got it installed still, somewhere). Whilst it was fun to do a bit of exploring, I managed to get through three quarters of my time (before the bad thing happens to the vault) before I realised that I didn't have long left to find the water thing. And then I stopped played.

I never started the second one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-10-08, 07:43 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I tried it about a year back (I think..."
Buddy of mine emphasized DO NOT LOSE TRACK OF YOUR FIRST QUEST.. lol he had some beefy ass dude and ran into the same problem as lenny, not enough time left.

On Fallout2, he knows where to get all the super powered up armor or w/e its called. So he is level 2 with 10 strength and 10 agility, + a whole bunch of beedy weapons... cheater.

He said FoT was a really good game but very hard. There is one point in which it's just impossible to actually win.

I really want to get into these things its just so damn hard. I'll give it another shot today sometime.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-10, 09:25 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Buddy of mine emphasized DO NOT LOSE..."
Getting the power armor early in 2 isn't necessarily cheating. It's a legitimate method; you just have to do things a bit out of order and save extremely often on your way to San Francisco. Makes the rest of the game much easier.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller