Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

D3 SC2 Release Dates (speculation)
Posted 2008-10-01, 11:29 AM
http://d3.zuggaming.com/2008/07/01/d...-release-date/

Quote:
While no official release date has been announced yet for Diablo 3, there has been much speculation to a potential “ball park” figure on the launch date for the much anticipated title. Needless to say, it’s going to be a big year with as many releases as blizzard has planned for the near future.

A recent leak from Blizzard’s parent company, Vivendi revealed that the newest World of Warcraft expansion is due sometime in the fall of 2008. In addition, Starcraft II is also due out around Christmas.

So what does this tell us? Well, if anything it reveals a pattern of release timing. After the first announcement of each of these respective games their release dates were scheduled between 8 and 12 months later. I believe this same scenario should hold true for Diabo III.

This would put the game’s release date between March and July of 2009. A release date during this time fame allows Blizzard’s other title releases to soak up all the economic benefit to further bolster the companies revenues for the 2008 fiscal year. With no current releases or expansions scheduled for the 2009 year, it would be a pretty bleak stock outlook for the company to not release a game before Q2, or at the very latest Q3 of 2009.

Of course, all of this is just purely speculation, but with any luck we’ll here of a leaked release date in the coming weeks and months as the rapid development of this much anticipated title continues.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-01, 11:40 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "D3 SC2 Release Dates (speculation)"
SC2 at Christmas EH???? We'll just see about that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-10-01, 12:25 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "D3 SC2 Release Dates (speculation)"
Eh, I'm not gonna hold my breath. That's almost grasping at straws.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-10-01, 01:15 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Eh, I'm not gonna hold my breath. ..."
I don't really trust a so called 'leak.'
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-10-01, 02:11 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "D3 SC2 Release Dates (speculation)"
Christmas 2010 you mean
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-10-01, 02:29 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Christmas 2010 you mean"
I'd have to agree with Grav.

However, if it did come out.. GAME ON!!

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-10-01, 02:46 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'd have to agree with Grav. ..."
The game movies they provided actually looked very well polished. It doesn't look like much work needs to be done to what they unvieled. I could see summer of next year as possible.

As for SC2, I haven't followed it so I don't have any say there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-17, 07:12 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "The game movies they provided actually..."
Battle.net Forums said:
My uncles friend works in blizzard and he says there goal and most likely date of release will be winter 2010! Believe it! no Joke! so almost 2 years from now!! ooo I dont no about you guys but I can wait. not like its gonna be good like d2 was.
More speculation, also this kid is an idiot if he thinks this game is going to fail.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-17, 11:37 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "More speculation, also this kid is an..."
Diablo 3 is gonna come out when I get tenure
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-10-17, 11:43 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Diablo 3 is gonna come out when I get..."
Tenure where? Gotten your professorship?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-10-17, 11:43 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Tenure where? Gotten your..."
Yeah in 10 years Willkillthejoke
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2008-10-17, 11:46 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Yeah in 10 years Willkillthejoke"
That's what I do best, nigger.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-10-17, 01:23 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "That's what I do best, nigger."
I doubt D3 will be as addicting as D2 for me, but I'm still excited as Hell... I've been waiting for this game for like 7 years.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-10-17, 02:01 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I doubt D3 will be as addicting as D2..."
It's only the sequel to the greatest game ever made.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-17, 02:12 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "It's only the sequel to the greatest..."
For as long as I can remember in my life, I have played diablo. No joke at all. I remember sitting on a beach with my dad and his ancient laptop and clicking around and watching the monsters fall down. I think that was DI though.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-10-17, 02:13 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "For as long as I can remember in my..."
My buddy works at Blizzard and says it is coming out Christmas 2008.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-10-17, 02:15 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "My buddy works at Blizzard and says it..."
I have an uncle who knows a guy that lived with a guy that worked with a guy that had a dad that knew a guys that had sex with a guy that knew a guy that worked at blizzard. He says it is coming out tomorrow.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-10-17, 02:22 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I have an uncle who knows a guy that..."
Way to ruin my fucking joke. I should neg rep you...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-10-17, 02:32 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "........... Way to ruin my fucking..."
Lol, thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-10-17, 06:31 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "........... Way to ruin my fucking..."
HandOfHeaven said: [Goto]
Way to ruin my fucking joke. I should neg rep you...
Are you kidding me? Neg?! I had to + rep him for that made me chuckle.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla