Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Fantasy Question
Posted 2008-09-23, 07:56 AM
(This isn't for the Zelaron league, btw)

I can only start 2. Who should it be?

RB - Marshawn Lynch
RB - Felix Jones
RB - Chris Johnson
RB - Darren McFadden
RB - Darren Sproles

I'm thinking Lynch and maybe Sproles/Jones. Chris Johnson probably not because he's facing the Vikings and their run defense is stacked.. damn this is a toughie.

Also, for WR I'm def. starting Greg Jennings ( he's leading the league in Rec. YDS ), but for my other two starters who should I start?

WR - Andre Johnson
WR - Lee Evans
WR - Devery Henderson

HELP NINJAS! (I'm looking at you D3V and Titus)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-09-23, 01:39 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "Fantasy Question"
Hmm, Marshawn Lynch first off no doubt, hands down he'd be starting for me almost instantly. Are you takling about week 4?

I personally would be careful about 'ole Felix as well, I'd say week 3 was basically a fluke for the most part, he didn't have anything besides that huge run in Wk3.

Lynch/McFadden for me, personally.

And for the receivers, Greg Jennings no doubt (he's in my pay league).

Now for your receivers, Andre Johnson is going to be put up against Rashean Mathis, our #1 corner, even though he has been playing shady the first couple of games, they are going to shut down their receiving Corps, Houston sucks this year so far, and I doubt they will blow anything up big on us at home, not with Andre Johnson atleast.

I'd go with Lee Evans, just because.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-09-23, 01:46 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Hmm, Marshawn Lynch first off no doubt,..."
Yeah this is week 4 I'm talking about.

I think I'm gonna go with Lynch/Jones. Felix Jones has impressed me with every game this year, not just that big run in Week 3. He also returns kicks which adds into more fantasy points. But Darren Sproles is a fast little fucker, too. He's LT's backup and LT really isn't in top shape just yet so they've been playing Sproles more. Sproles has more fantasy points than LT at this point.

Man I'm gonna take your word and bench Andre Johnson but if he blows your defense out of the water, I'm gonna be hella pissed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-09-23, 02:00 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Yeah this is week 4 I'm talking about. ..."
Don't worry, I'll be hella pissed as well with Johnson. But if he were on my team, I would still negate my homerism and swap him if I had those others to select from.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-09-23, 04:10 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Don't worry, I'll be hella pissed as..."
I wouldn't. I would stick with Andre Johnson - if you watched his last game, he dropped two TD passes, and another one almost caught him in stride for an easy TD, but it was picked off. Granted, he doesn't have a good QB throwing to him, but he easily could've had 3 TDs last week. He'll get his, trust me.

As far as RBs - Lynch obviously, and I'd go with Run DMC.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-09-23, 04:21 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I wouldn't. I would stick with Andre..."
Titusfied said: [Goto]
I wouldn't. I would stick with Andre Johnson - if you watched his last game, he dropped two TD passes, and another one almost caught him in stride for an easy TD, but it was picked off. Granted, he doesn't have a good QB throwing to him, but he easily could've had 3 TDs last week. He'll get his, trust me.

As far as RBs - Lynch obviously, and I'd go with Run DMC.
Almost doesn't get you very far in the NFL. Matt Jones is almost an excellent receiver, but he isn't , he's just okay.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-23, 04:45 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I wouldn't. I would stick with Andre..."
For WR, I think I'm gonna go with Jennings, Andre Johnson, and Devery Henderson. With Jeremy Shockey getting injured and Marques Colston is already injured, who else does Drew Brees have to throw to? I'm thinking Henderson is gonna have a breakout game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-09-23, 08:06 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "For WR, I think I'm gonna go with..."
That, or he's doubleteamed the entire game. Not trying to be a dick or devil's advocate, just trying to help. It's a bitch to make that call sometimes playing fantasy football, lol..

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-24, 04:20 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "That, or he's doubleteamed the entire..."
Gotta go with your best options though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied