Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

Off to College
Posted 2007-08-19, 04:07 PM
I get the privilege, nay, the pleasure of moving into my college dorm on Wednesday. It should be fun, I have a 4-foot fridge, a nice love-seat, a 20-inch TV, a microwave (won it at after-prom), and a large bookcase that I'm moving to it. I have my own room, so I won't have to worry about a deadbeat roommate.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-19, 04:25 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Off to College"
I just moved into a single. Pretty boss. Be careful with the furniture, your school may reject it because it's flammable.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-08-19, 04:28 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I just moved into a single. Pretty..."
Oh really? That's kind of shitty. Oh well, I have a couple of nice black chairs (cushioned/padded) that fold up. How big is your single? Mine is supposed to be 11 x 20, and I mainly got it for the sink. (I wear contacts, like to brush my teeth a lot, and don't want to have to wait)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-19, 04:29 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Oh really? That's kind of shitty. Oh..."
No idea how big it is, not very big but big enough. It's actually part of a suite, so there is a common room I can throw some shit in.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-08-19, 09:10 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "No idea how big it is, not very big but..."
Having a single is pretty decent when you want your alone time, but having a cool roomate makes things very interesting. I would say that the single alone outweights the roomate, but it is something that you should have before college is over. But thats just my advise
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-08-19, 09:51 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Having a single is pretty decent when..."
I just don't like the fact of forced living with a complete stranger, that's all. I'm going to get an apartment next year anyways, to save on rooming and board costs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-19, 10:05 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Having a single is pretty decent when..."
gruesomeBODY said:
Having a single is pretty decent when you want your alone time, but having a cool roomate makes things very interesting. I would say that the single alone outweights the roomate, but it is something that you should have before college is over. But thats just my advise
Had two roommates last year, one I'm friends with (but he's in my major, I would've been friends anyway) and the other was an absolute nightmare to live with. I don't know how I made it through, honestly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2007-08-19, 10:06 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Had two roommates last year, one I'm..."
What year are you, Grav?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-19, 10:10 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "What year are you, Grav?"
Got a luxury apartment here. 2 bedroom 2 bath (sharing with my bro who does pc work for me and is a gamer too). Apartment is over 1k square feet. It's nice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-19, 10:12 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Got a luxury apartment here. 2 bedroom..."
Out of curiosity, what are you paying for rent? It's also nice to hear that you don't have to share a bathroom.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-19, 10:32 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Out of curiosity, what are you paying..."
400 per month for me. 800 for both of us. Yea, it's expensive, but my parents didn't want us to live in a rat hole.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-19, 11:10 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "What year are you, Grav?"
Starting second year now. After this, I get my associates and transfer to another school to continue on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2007-08-19, 11:16 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Had two roommates last year, one I'm..."
GravitonSurge said:
Had two roommates last year, one I'm friends with (but he's in my major, I would've been friends anyway) and the other was an absolute nightmare to live with. I don't know how I made it through, honestly.
Sorry to hear that Grav. I have had pretty decent roomates so it has been actually fun for me. Living with people you want to live with also helps the situation, so if you are looking for something after your first year, then thats the way to go.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-08-23, 02:28 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Sorry to hear that Grav. I have had..."
For the first month or so of my freshman year (all those years ago), my roommate was going home every weekend, which was kind of odd, but it left me with some privacy for a few days. Ultimately, it wasn't a bad experience at all. He was pretty chill.
I have heard some nightmare stories, though. There are some weird motherfuckers out there, just waiting to creep out an unsuspecting roommate.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-08-23, 02:48 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "For the first month or so of my..."
Yea, I've kind of got mixed feelings on not living in a dorm. Meeting new people that way would be great, but then again I -really- like having my own room for privacy. I'm a really light sleeper and snoring, etc. would fuck me up bad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-23, 03:56 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Got a luxury apartment here. 2 bedroom..."
that's cool. we live in the "upper" neighborhood and pay 1085 a mo. . lol. its a 2 br. 1 ba.
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-08-23, 11:00 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Yea, I've kind of got mixed feelings on..."
Willkillforfood said:
Yea, I've kind of got mixed feelings on not living in a dorm. Meeting new people that way would be great, but then again I -really- like having my own room for privacy. I'm a really light sleeper and snoring, etc. would fuck me up bad.
You do get use to it. I use to be the same way but over time it changed
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-08-24, 07:54 AM in reply to klo's post starting "that's cool. we live in the "upper"..."
I pay $550 for 2 bedroom, 1.5 baths.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-08-24, 09:20 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "You do get use to it. I use to be the..."
I don't doubt it. After a matter of time I'm sure you just collapse like you're dead when it's time to goto bed =P.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-24, 10:52 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Having a single is pretty decent when..."
gruesomeBODY said:
I totaly agree. I'm not one to like to live with another person much less a stranger, but my first year of college was a blast with my room-mate. You'll meet your best friends in college.
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18