Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Judges for the Marijuana Debate Sign Up Here
Posted 2007-04-11, 01:34 PM
If you want to judge the marijuana debate, sign up here. I'm going to be judge #1, so we need 2 more. First two to sign up get it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-04-11, 01:40 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Judges for the Marijuana Debate Sign Up..."
I'll do it. As hard as it might be for me to keep an unbiased view on the debate, I definately know I can do it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-11, 05:07 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Judges for the Marijuana Debate Sign Up..."
Does this require more time than debating? (I don't see how it would...)

If not, I sign up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-04-11, 07:14 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Does this require more time than..."
Dear God ...why do we have to do marijuana? =(
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-11, 07:52 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Does this require more time than..."
GravitonSurge said:
Does this require more time than debating? (I don't see how it would...)

If not, I sign up.
Cool, we got our 3. I don't think it should require more time than debating. It should be in Zelaron Melee fashion, so we should be good. I'll write out judges guidelines later. Testssss tomorrow.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-04-12, 09:12 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Cool, we got our 3. I don't think it..."
Judges should be people who've never done marijuana on a regular basis, imho. *shrug*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2007-04-12, 09:23 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Judges should be people who've never..."
Jessifer said:
Judges should be people who've never done marijuana on a regular basis, imho. *shrug*
The opposite side of that arguement is, if someone has never done it, can they truly judge both sides?

Fact is, the history of the judge means nothing as long as the judge is not biased towards one side or the other.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-13, 04:16 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The opposite side of that arguement is,..."
Actually, I agree with both sides. If you are still actively smoking pot, then you are biased. If you have smoked in the past and have simply outgrew it, that's a different scenario, because you are knowledgable on the subject, but biased by it's influence at the moment.

On that note, I'd like to disbar !K_A! and nominate myself. Hahaha...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-04-13, 08:12 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Actually, I agree with both sides. If..."
Titusfied said:
Actually, I agree with both sides. If you are still actively smoking pot, then you are biased. If you have smoked in the past and have simply outgrew it, that's a different scenario, because you are knowledgable on the subject, but biased by it's influence at the moment.

On that note, I'd like to disbar !K_A! and nominate myself. Hahaha...
Funnily enough I smoked in the past and now I don't so there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-13, 08:41 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Funnily enough I smoked in the past and..."
Fine, then Grav is getting nixed in my favor!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-04-13, 09:05 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Fine, then Grav is getting nixed in my..."
I demand KA be removed as a supreme moderator and Kyeruu be reinstated! I think titusfied as a judge would be funny =D.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-13, 09:11 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Fine, then Grav is getting nixed in my..."
Titusfied said:
Fine, then Grav is getting nixed in my favor!
I'm pretty sure Grav used to smoke but quit too. I guess same could be said about you though, I dunno if you still smoke or not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-13, 09:12 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm pretty sure Grav used to smoke but..."
I've never smoked pot before =P. Or drank alcohol or smoked cigarettes for that matter.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-13, 05:32 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I've never smoked pot before =P. Or..."
I don't smoke anymore. I did for like 5 years during highschool and he beginning of college, but I haven't for like 6 years now.

I'd be the greatest judge the world has ever seen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2007-04-14, 08:45 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I don't smoke anymore. I did for like..."
Is it still too late to do another debate, Christ?

I smoke weed off and on, relatively regularly, and I am for and against the legalization (more like for decriminalization). That being said, if I hear much more about this subject I might puke. The marijuana debate has been flooding the internet media for the past few years (much more since Cannibus Club was founded) and hasn't gotten anywhere useful. It's WAY overblown and tired.

Il papa caca nei legno?

Last edited by RoboticSilence; 2007-04-14 at 08:47 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2007-04-14, 09:50 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "Is it still too late to do another..."
RoboticSilence said:
Is it still too late to do another debate, Christ?

I smoke weed off and on, relatively regularly, and I am for and against the legalization (more like for decriminalization). That being said, if I hear much more about this subject I might puke. The marijuana debate has been flooding the internet media for the past few years (much more since Cannibus Club was founded) and hasn't gotten anywhere useful. It's WAY overblown and tired.
Fuck I agree with you but the board's full of stoners who want to debate about something they feel strongly about. So, I guess this is a good first one to get everyone involved.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-14, 10:02 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Judges for the Marijuana Debate Sign Up..."
mjordan2nd said:
If you want to judge the marijuana debate, sign up here. I'm going to be judge #1, so we need 2 more. First two to sign up get it.
Mj you need 4 judges. One who smokes. One who has never smoked. One who has smoked but stopped. One who didn't smoke till later down the road (like 29 or 30 years).

That way you can get an opinion from all the different positions smokers may be in while you get one from a non smoker.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-04-14, 11:06 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "You're getting too complicated...."
The background of the judges isn't going to mean shit, it's about who debates better, not who's right or wrong.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-14, 11:24 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "You're getting too complicated...."
GravitonSurge said:
You're getting too complicated. Besides, where is there a 30 year old pot smoker here?
WetWired should be a judge for he represents a demographic I'm sure no one else represents: the resurrected dead.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-14, 04:59 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "WetWired should be a judge for he..."
We don't have enough against Marijuana...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes