Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Doccytor Who
Posted 2006-07-15, 09:21 AM
Well, the second series has just finished over here (last week, in fact) - one of the only things that is premiered on English television before American.

So yeah, it's just finished, and I absolutely loved it! David Tenant is a great Doctor. He's so energetic, and is a great actor. When he figures out what is happening, it's amazing to watch. He literally prances around the set, shouting at the aliens.

Wait... few of you will know what I'm on about. I do, Chruser will, maybe a few of the other Europeans, and there's a slight chance that one or two Americans will... but. Right, I'll explain.

Dr. Who is a British Sci-Fi series from the 1970s. It is the most successful British Sci-Fi series of all time - even more so than Red Dwarf. It is centred around a Time Lord (an alien species that controls time), the last in existence. He travels around in his TARDIS through space and time, putting things right that are wrong. He usually has a companion with him.

Even though he is quite literally a God in the Universe, he can still die. But being a Time Lord, he has regeneration powers - but these are completely random. And it helps to explain the transition between actors. David Tenant is the 10th Doctor, in case you were wondering.

Now, a fair few of you will have heard of Daleks, surely? Or the Cybermen? Well, they're just two of the alien lifeforms that the Doctor 'fights'. Even in this day and age, the marching Cybermen, or the Daleks with their crys of "EXTERMINATE" can send a shiver down your spine. In their day, there was nothing scarier.

Well, back to the start of the thread - the second series since it's reincarnation (the series stopped in the late 80s/early 90s, but was recently started again by BBC Wales in 2005) has just finished, and it was great! Sure, there's been some episodes that were bad *cough*Fear Her*cough* but most have been of a really high standard - especially the three double episodes.

The point here, however, is that a fair few of you still won't have the faintest idea what I'm talking about.

So, I am urging you now, do what it takes to watch some Dr. Who episodes!! I don't care if you don't like a lot of them, just watch them. Once you get into the series', you'll end up wishing the week to go faster just so you can sit down on Saturday night and watch the episode.

Now, I think the first series with Christopher Eccleston has just finished on the Sci-Fi channel, in which case, you'll have to wait a bit for the series with David Tennant. Alternatively, there are many thousands of ways to download the episodes. And here's a handy little guide of the episodes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/episodes/2005/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/episo...06/index.shtml

Enjoy!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-17, 07:30 AM in reply to Lenny's post "Doccytor Who"
My dad loves Dr. Who.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-07-17, 11:31 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "My dad loves Dr. Who."
Well, I'll be. 'Tis a small world.

Which 'versions'? The old Dr. Who from the 70s, 80s and 90s, or the modern series with Eccleston and Tenant?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny