Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Fucking HD
Posted 2006-07-12, 08:13 PM
Well... I finally got my HD space down into the MB's! Yay!...No, not yay... But, After using CC cleaner, I removed around 708 MB's of temporary internet files... and after removing some unused programs(WTF?!?!CorelDraw7???They're on something like 16 now!) I'm back up to my normal free space of 2 gigs...YAY! so... does anyone think I need a new hardrive? Fast? It makes Awful noises when it's on... I think it is going to crash and burn any second now, and I wanna know what would be the best hardrive... I don't need 80 gigs or anything, 20 would be fine, but what brand is best?(this may sound stupid, about hardrives) any advice would be good...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-07-12, 10:02 PM in reply to Atnas's post "Fucking HD"
i cant ever download anything without deleting something i have 50mb right now. so im getting a 200+gb soon
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2006-07-12, 10:08 PM in reply to Atnas's post "Fucking HD"
This is what I have and it has been working perfectly for the 3 days i've had it!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822144701
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-07-13, 07:20 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "This is what I have and it has been..."
That looks cheaper than I expected :P I envy the 250 gb, And knowing my frivilosities of downloading MMOs... I'll see if I can't save enough money... I have a couple people who owe me LOTS of $, so... Yer... Although I might just build a PC from scratch and put that in there, because all of my hardware is from before 2000.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-07-13, 09:10 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "That looks cheaper than I expected :P I..."
Why not get the Terabyte Harddrive?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-07-13, 10:26 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Why not get the Terabyte Harddrive?"
I don't see the need and I don't have the cash... Although, I am planning on running an MMO which I am working on... But it would be small so no need for so much space.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2006-07-13, 12:19 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I don't see the need and I don't have..."
If you get a bigger HDD, then you'll find that you needed the space all along.

If it sounds like it's about to rip itself to shreds, then don't risk it, and get a new one. If you say you don't need more than 20gb, then a 40gb should be fine.

Other than that, I don't really know much about Hard Drives.

One other thing you could do to free space is, if your computer is 'clean' - ie, no spyware, viruses, trojans, and what not - turn off System Restore (which will probably free a few gigs), the turn it back on:

Right click My Computer
> Properties
> System Restore Tab
> Put a tick in the "Turn off System Restore" box
> Apply everything
> Close the window
> Open it again, and take the tick out
> Apply everything

You might then want to make a restore point just in case something DOES go wrong, which is just Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

The problem with System Restore, is that viruses like to get in there, and the bloody thing takes up a few gig of space.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-25, 07:52 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "If you get a bigger HDD, then you'll..."

I say WHERE?!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2006-07-25, 09:10 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/At..."
Windows 98....

Is that zero in your backround?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-07-25, 09:37 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Windows 98.... Is that zero in your..."
=P Hell yes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2006-07-27, 06:58 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/At..."
Atnas said:

I say WHERE?!

PERFORMANCE
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2006-07-27, 08:10 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "PERFORMANCE"
Now that's hardcore... still running Win 98.

I'm going to have to dual-boot Win 3.1 now.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2006-07-27, 12:56 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Now that's hardcore... still running..."

There be horses.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! MY PC HAS THE SAME VIRTUAL MEMORY AS MY GBA!

Last edited by Atnas; 2006-07-27 at 01:00 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas