Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

how do i make a cutscene?
Posted 2006-06-08, 02:09 PM
i have rpg maker from playstation. i dont know exactly how i can make a cutscene. i have some places where i want a charachter that is not a main character (like a townsperson) to come out of a door and walk up to the main party and start talking. i just cant figure out how to do it. could somebody please answere my question? thank you!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
skibbit is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenskibbit is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

skibbit

Posted 2006-06-08, 02:20 PM in reply to skibbit's post "how do i make a cutscene?"
OOoh? The PLaystation version? This could be interesting. First of all, which version is it? If it's something like RM2K3 then you basically use the "Call Event" in the event menu to make another event do something:

Hero is stood still.
Call event - the event that is called has all the information about what happens -- e.g. person walks out of house to hero. Gives them a chicken egg, walks back into house.

That will be your basic cutscene.

On the PC, it is possible to make the cutscenes in things like Movi-Maker and import them as .avi files to work instead of using in game "Call event".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-08, 02:29 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "OOoh? The PLaystation version? This..."
what is call event? i never heard of it. how do i import to a playstation?!?! thats cool!! but i am so lost
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
skibbit is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenskibbit is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

skibbit

Posted 2006-06-08, 02:34 PM in reply to skibbit's post starting "what is call event? i never heard of..."
First things first - are you using RPGMaker on the PC or Playstation?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-08, 02:37 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "First things first - are you using..."
playstation
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

skibbit

Posted 2006-06-08, 02:45 PM in reply to skibbit's post starting "playstation"
Righto. Which version is it?

ie - does it have a specific name like "RPGMaker 2003", or "RPGMaker XP"?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-08, 02:50 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Righto. Which version is it? ie -..."
it just says rpg maker. the case has red stuff all over it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

skibbit

Posted 2006-06-08, 03:01 PM in reply to skibbit's post starting "it just says rpg maker. the case has..."
Right, well I don't have a clue about the Playstation one. Hopefully BC will.

In the meanwhile, here are a multitude of FAQs and Guides for the game http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/258251.html

Hopefully they'll help you achieve your cutscene, and maybe explain to you about Switches and Page Conditions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-08, 04:25 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Right, well I don't have a clue about..."
I used to have the playstation version, I remember I couldn't figure out to make a shop or do a lot of the other stuff until I accidently stumbled on the second page of event commands. I don't remember much about the program, but I do remember in order to move an event you had to switch to that event first. So you'll have to have an event that the character steps on then it switches to the event of the person who walks up to the player.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noble Swordsman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoble Swordsman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noble Swordsman

Posted 2006-06-09, 10:17 PM in reply to Noble Swordsman's post starting "I used to have the playstation version,..."
Actually I happen to have a copy of RPG Maker for PS...and I happen to fiddle around with it from time to time...

To do the cutscene you mentioned is a little more....what's the word...convoluted, compared to the PC version of RPG Maker.

First, you need to setup the NPC and have all the information set onto the second page so that nothing happens or is triggered by accident. There should be no page conditions for the second page.

Second, set another event to be where the hero will step to trigger the event (i.e. 4 spaces down). Then have that event trigger the first event when hero touches it. It should be Take Over. Take Over the second page of the earlier event.

When you test play it, the hero will have to step on the square, then the NPC should run right out the building to say Yada Yada Yada and what not, then either go back inside, or hang out outside.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2006-06-10, 05:07 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "Actually I happen to have a copy of RPG..."
So it's kind of like having the hero run onto a square that is triggered by the Hero and basically has "Call Event" on it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny