Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

BioWare RPG coming to 360!
Posted 2005-10-06, 03:47 AM
Just saw a teaser trailer here:http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2211
Its called Mass Effect its a futuristic RPG by the great folks at BioWare (Baldurs Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire)

With such a great track record(I loved all there games except Jade Empire - and only because I have not played it yet) I am very excited about this game, and I have only seen a teaser. I will try to dig up some more info on it, unless someone else beats me to it.

edit:
From Team Xbox
Mass Effect is a science fiction action-RPG created by BioWare Corp., the commercially and critically acclaimed RPG developer of Jade Empire, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights, and the Baldur’s Gate series.

Mass Effect will deliver an immersive story driven gameplay experience with stunning visual fidelity. Published by Microsoft Game Studios, Mass Effect will be exclusively for the Xbox 360 video game system.

As the first human Specter – sworn defenders of galactic peace – your mission is to halt the advancing armies of a legendary agent gone rogue. But as you lead your elite team across hostile alien worlds, you will discover the true threat is far greater than anyone imagined.

GameSpot:
Shortly after developer BioWare announced it would be taking on outer space in its new game, Mass Effect, the developer invaded another form of space--cyberspace. The official Web site for Mass Effect is up and running, and features the first trailer for the role-playing game.

The trailer introduces gamers to the 23rd-century universe, showing what appears to be the game's human protagonist and a host of otherwordly creatures. There doesn't appear to be any in-game footage, but what is shown hints that the game will take place in indoor and outdoor environments, and that firepower will play heavily in the game.

Information on the game is few and far between, but gamers will be able to assemble a party, interact with several non-player characters, and explore several uncharted areas, all trademarks of BioWare RPGs.

Those who dig through the forums may be able to scoop up some pearls of knowledge. Though the game has not received an official release date, BioWare producer and project director of Mass Effect, Casey Hudson, gives a ballpark figure of when gamers can expect to play the game. In a post, he says, "We are looking at about a year to a year and half before release, but we will be sure to keep you up to date." At the earliest, and most optimistic, this would peg Mass Effect as a holiday 2006 title, but more likely it will slide into 2007. BioWare probably isn't pushing for a high-season release, as KOTOR was released during the dog days of summer and still managed to put up big numbers.

PC gamers looking to get in on BioWare's version of the future won't be able to--at least not yet. One company rep answered the question by stating, "Mass Effect is an Xbox 360-exclusive title." But don't let that dampen your hopes, PC users. Fable and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic were also announced as Xbox-exclusive games, but were later released for the PC.

Though the game will feature some Xbox Live features, don't expect to save the universe with some buddies online. "Just to clarify, Mass Effect is a single-player title," says Chris Priestly, of BioWare Quality Assurance. "I can hint at things like ubiquitous voice support and achievements that can be acquired by players."

The entire BioWare team seems particularly excited about the game, with one man even joking that he has traveled into the future and has seen the fruits of their labor pay off. "We were pretty pleased to see [Mass Effect review] scores in the mid- to high-90s; we were thrilled when the game hit five million in sales in its first three months on store shelves! I mean, that was overwhelming. I knew the game was going to be great, but five million?"

IGN:
One of the many announcements coming out of X05 today was a new IP from developer BioWare.

In September, BioWare announced it had licensed Epic's Unreal 3 engine for use in its next RPG. At that time, everyone began speculating about the possibility of a first-person shooter RPG from one of the most respected developers in North America. When asked if BioWare would ever consider making a first-person shooter RPG, the response was, "It's inevitable." BioWare also noted the game was in development for PC and an unspecified next-gen console.

At X05 today BioWare announced that the title of this game is Mass Effect and that it is currently in development for Xbox 360.

Official Website:
http://masseffect.bioware.com/

Last edited by Sum Yung Guy; 2005-10-06 at 03:52 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-10-07, 08:10 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "BioWare RPG coming to 360!"
Holy wowza shit! That screen shot looks awesome, but I couldn't check out the demo because of filters. I'll try to remember it when I get home, but that is doubtful.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2005-10-07, 09:35 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Holy wowza shit! That screen shot..."
Holy hell. That looks unbelievable. Sounds awesome as hell too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13