Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Staff Info
Posted 2005-08-27, 02:35 PM
Just some info I've gathered that shows some problems with the staff right now.
Code:
Staff Member              Position                     Activity
Sovereign                 Supreme Moderator            97%
Thanatos                  News Poster                  66%
GravitonSurge             Moderator                    64%
Raziel                    Moderator                    56%
Medieval Bob              Moderator                    51%
Penguin                   Administrator                50%
Mjordan2nd                News Poster                  42%
WetWired                  Administrator/Webmaster      30%
Chruser                   Administrator/Owner          24%
BlueCube                  Moderator                    22%
RoboticSilence            Supreme Moderator            20%
Jamesadin                 Supreme Moderator            15%
Average activity of:

Admins- 34.66%
Supreme Mods- 44%(including Sov) 17.5%(excluding Sov)
Mods- 48.25%
News Posters- 54%

You can interpret all of this however you want, but I personally think that this activity should be a lot better. I don't see why they can't be at least to 50%, 75% would be better but 50% is acceptable. Anyone below 50% should just be removed.

I think the news posters should just be removed completely, they serve absolutely no purpose. 4 posts out of the first page of news posts(25) were made by news posters. There have only been 11 news posts this year, and only one of those was made by a news poster. News Posters have the highest activity but they don't do anything in the staff positions so they might as well just be normal members.

I think some things should be done about this staff activity problem. It isn't my job to decide what should be done but my opinion is anyone below 50% activity should be required to do some kind of little report on what exactly they do in their position, and if they can't show that they have done anything, and they aren't even active, then they should either work on doing better or resign from the position.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2005-08-27 at 04:11 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-08-27, 02:41 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Staff Info"
P.S. I excluded Dragoon Elite mods since they aren't really Zelaron staff I guess...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-08-27, 02:41 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Staff Info"
Agreed... however your missing a couple mods from that list.

S2 AM -Moderator Dragoon Elite- 72% Activity
Sum Yung Guy -Moderator Dragoon Elite- 82% Activity
Titusfied -Moderator Dragoon Elite- 72% Activity

Last edited by Sum Yung Guy; 2005-08-27 at 02:45 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-08-27, 02:47 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "P.S. I excluded Dragoon Elite mods..."
!King_Amazon! said:
P.S. I excluded Dragoon Elite mods since they aren't really Zelaron staff I guess...
Oh fine I see how it is, we bring a large chunk of Zelaron's activity and dont get be called real mods.

:edit: right when I hit submit for this messege a damn mortar attack went off lol, had to run and grab all my gear.

Last edited by Sum Yung Guy; 2005-08-27 at 02:49 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-08-27, 02:58 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Oh fine I see how it is, we bring a..."
Sum Yung Guy said:
Oh fine I see how it is, we bring a large chunk of Zelaron's activity and dont get be called real mods.

:edit: right when I hit submit for this messege a damn mortar attack went off lol, had to run and grab all my gear.
You bring a lot of activity to the forum, but your staff positions only apply to the forum that is just for the Dragoon Elite halo 2 clan, so I don't really think you should be counted as staff, it's the same as if you were mods of hosted forums or something(though I don't think Dragoon Elite is a hosted forum.) Basically, this isn't about the activity of the members (and I just consider you guys members) but it's about the activity of the staff. You guys could become completely inactive and it wouldn't effect most of the people who visit this forum. It isn't meant as a flame or bash or anything towards you, just hope you understand what I mean.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-08-27, 03:04 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You bring a lot of activity to the..."
!King_Amazon! said:
You bring a lot of activity to the forum, but your staff positions only apply to the forum that is just for the Dragoon Elite halo 2 clan, so I don't really think you should be counted as staff, it's the same as if you were mods of hosted forums or something(though I don't think Dragoon Elite is a hosted forum.) Basically, this isn't about the activity of the members (and I just consider you guys members) but it's about the activity of the staff. You guys could become completely inactive and it wouldn't effect most of the people who visit this forum. It isn't meant as a flame or bash or anything towards you, just hope you understand what I mean.
We have more power then New Posters, and the same power as other mods.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-08-27, 03:13 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "We have more power then New Posters,..."
Sum Yung Guy said:
We have more power then New Posters, and the same power as other mods.....
Yeah but like I said your power is only for the Dragoon Elite forum. I'm not sure if you get access to the mod forum or not but really I just don't consider you staff. Sorry if you don't agree with me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-08-27, 05:06 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Yeah but like I said your power is only..."
Having been gone all summer, I am back now and I am on now every day, so you should see my activity rise considerably.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2005-08-27, 05:33 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Having been gone all summer, I am back..."
I hope so, I missed you

haha

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-08-27, 05:38 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Staff Info"
I havn't been posting much because I havn't been interested in any of the topics that have come up recently. 28% activity is the lowest you can go if you visit every day. Besides, I've been busy orchestrating this server stuff and working with vB3.5. My main function is technical in nature, and I've been very deep into related technical stuff lately.

Chruser owns the forums; we'd all like him to have higher activity, but to de-staff him without his permission, you'd basicly have to start the forums over someplace else.

Less than 28% activity is simply unacceptable for a S.Mod, and changes will be made there.

Bluecube is probably the only one on these forums that knows anything about RPGMaker 2000, which actually does see activity from time to time, but I'm not sure that there's much need for him to moderate the discussion there.

There have been changes in the staff coming for a while, me and Penguin have just been thinking it over.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2005-08-27, 06:19 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I havn't been posting much because I..."
Pretty big changes are in the mix so look forward to an announcement on staffing changes soon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2005-08-27, 10:33 PM in reply to Penguin's post starting "Pretty big changes are in the mix so..."
Exciting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lawngnome is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLawngnome is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Lawngnome

Posted 2005-08-27, 11:30 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I havn't been posting much because I..."
WetWired said:
Bluecube is probably the only one on these forums that knows anything about RPGMaker 2000, which actually does see activity from time to time, but I'm not sure that there's much need for him to moderate the discussion there.
Yeah, I mentioned that a while back in the staff forum, since the RM2k3 forum is barren most of the time. At least there's some random things to reply to every once in a while, but quite frankly there is nothing to moderate there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2005-08-28, 08:31 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Yeah, I mentioned that a while back in..."
Ehh, I check every day, just don't see too many topic that intrest me, as WW already said. Actually, I check multiple times every day. But then again, as you said, I shouldn't be staff.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-08-28, 08:41 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Ehh, I check every day, just don't see..."
Hey hey what the hell? You need to pass a literacy test and pay post tax before you can contribute to this discussion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-08-28, 10:50 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I havn't been posting much because I..."
WetWired said:
Less than 28% activity is simply unacceptable for a S.Mod, and changes will be made there.
I figure I'll be there in a couple days. Just give it some time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2005-08-28, 11:17 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Staff Info"
Second on the list behind the freakishly active Sov..

I'm going to start posting news. Up until a couple of days ago I completely forgot I was a News Poster. Well, that will change my friends!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2005-08-28, 11:46 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Yeah, I mentioned that a while back in..."
Blue said:
but quite frankly there is nothing to moderate there.
You do get to moderate some things now and then. Look at the three Game Development Team threads there were...you did quite a few things with those.

It seems easier having someone who really knows what they are doing with RM2K/3 and RMXP as the mod for the RPG Maker forums, rather than a Sup Mod popping in time to time to see if anything needs doing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-28, 12:41 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You do get to moderate some things now..."
Well it looks bad to have a mod with 22% activity. I'm not saying he's a bad mod or anything, I'm sure he knows his stuff, but it looks bad when our mods have such low activity.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-08-28, 12:58 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well it looks bad to have a mod with..."
The optimist would say it's because they don't need to do much moderating as there is no need.

The pessimist would say they can't be arsed.

As for Blue, there's not much for him to do in the RPG Maker forum, as not many people post there. And he doesn't seem to post that often in the other public forums, which is why he only has 22% activity.

You never know, his work life may mean he dosn't have too much time to visit Zelaron and that the 22% activity he has is pretty good for his hours.

The same goes for the rest of the staff. The chances are they too don't have the time to visit Zelaron too often to post and moderate due to the hours they work, or things that they do on week nights etc.

If you want staff members with high activities, then you'll ave to start picking the people who have no real kind of life and make an effort to post every day. If you do that then you will get inexperienced staff members, who may abuse thier positions (many of these people will probably be young and not have a job. With age comes responsibility, so the young 'uns might have the power go to their heads).

To be honest, the current members of staff seem to do a good job. Take the current crisis. All of D3V's accounts and buddies seem to be banned quickly, and all the stupid threads they make get shitcanned. Even Thanatos is helping by telling anyone who mentions D3V to give him $5 on PayPal.

Talking about that, can I start a tab Thanatos?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny