Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Map limits
Posted 2005-06-29, 09:22 PM
I was playing a UMS today, and while trying to build a building as protoss, it said something like no more units can be created. It wouldn't let me build any units or buildings. I've never encountered that before. Anyone know why it might have happend?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-06-29, 10:56 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Map limits"
mjordan2nd said:
I was playing a UMS today, and while trying to build a building as protoss, it said something like no more units can be created. It wouldn't let me build any units or buildings. I've never encountered that before. Anyone know why it might have happend?
only 1600 units can be created buildings and units
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2005-06-30, 11:20 AM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "only 1600 units can be created..."
Great-Thanatos said:
only 1600 units can be created buildings and units
I don't think I was anywhere near 1600 buildings and units. Doubtfully 100.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-06-30, 12:15 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I don't think I was anywhere near 1600..."
mjordan2nd said:
I don't think I was anywhere near 1600 buildings and units. Doubtfully 100.
What map were you playing? Because the map items also count like trees and such and getting the msg at 100 seems weird, I only get it on Fastest after about 1/2 hour or on zero clut just before 20min nr is up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2005-06-30, 01:48 PM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "What map were you playing? Because the..."
Great-Thanatos said:
What map were you playing? Because the map items also count like trees and such and getting the msg at 100 seems weird, I only get it on Fastest after about 1/2 hour or on zero clut just before 20min nr is up.
It was one of the 3v3 shared maps.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-06-30, 03:59 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "It was one of the 3v3 shared maps."
mjordan2nd said:
It was one of the 3v3 shared maps.
Wow thats diff...never heard of that before lol are you sure it was only 100 units/buildings for everyone?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2005-06-30, 04:02 PM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "Wow thats diff...never heard of that..."
Great-Thanatos said:
Wow thats diff...never heard of that before lol are you sure it was only 100 units/buildings for everyone?
Ohh. You're talking about everyone. Well, then it was probably quite a bit more. Still, though, everyone else was still able to make units, and even with everyone combined, I'm 99.9% sure that we didn't exceed 1600 units.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-06-30, 11:34 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Ohh. You're talking about everyone...."
mjordan2nd said:
Ohh. You're talking about everyone. Well, then it was probably quite a bit more. Still, though, everyone else was still able to make units, and even with everyone combined, I'm 99.9% sure that we didn't exceed 1600 units.
Maybe they killed some shit so they could make units
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2005-07-01, 04:56 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Map limits"
Map could have been rigged, couldn't it?

I havn't had much prac with SC map creater/editer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-07-01, 10:52 AM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "Maybe they killed some shit so they ..."
Great-Thanatos said:
Maybe they killed some shit so they could make units
I don't think that was the case. I told my teammates of my problem, and they all thought that it was weird. They asked me a whole bunch of questions like I was a noob like if I had enough pylons and whatnot. They were all zerg, so they were mass producing weapons of mass destruction without any sign of problems.

Quote:
Map could have been rigged, couldn't it?
Possibly, but I was the game creator, and I've used this map multiple times without any such problems. I normally play Zerg, and this time I was playing Protoss, but I don't see why there would be any restrictions on what 'toss could build.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-07-01, 12:01 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I don't think that was the case. I told..."
Sounds like a bug in the map.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2005-07-04, 01:16 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I don't think that was the case. I told..."
I've had that happen before. Exact same situation, you can't create anything more, but the others are still making stuff. I don't really have any answers for it, but maybe you just came to a halt in your productions so the game cut you off. While the other players still had more units in production... So once they got finished w/ thier units currently being produce they got cut off too...?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-07-04, 01:44 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "I've had that happen before. Exact same..."
What units were you creating when this happened?
What units were your allies/enemies creating when this happened?

If like say a player is protoss and had 12x stargates producing 5x carriers each they count as units still thus adding to the 1600 map limit so if they or you were producing the units the map would be maxed out its basically just a race to see who clicked creat unit first =\
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2005-07-05, 05:08 PM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "What units were you creating when this..."
I was creating Photon Cannons at the moment when I realized it happend. I don't know what the other's were making. The weird thing was, though, if one of my buildings died or one of my units was sent to his death, I could make another building/unit. If the others sent an army of 60 hydras to die, I was still stuck not making anything.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes