Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

new runewords?
Posted 2005-04-20, 08:24 PM
would any of the builds items up there change since the new ladder runewords i think they were made b4 ladder season 2 was realseased so does anyone think a different gear for something would better fit it now?

ie. would a fortitude be better then coh for a v/t?
to my heart soul and the being in which i am i love you megan

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zygoat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzygoat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zygoat

Posted 2005-04-21, 02:18 AM in reply to zygoat's post "new runewords?"
LoL?

Fortitude:

Body Armor
All Resistances +25-30 (varies)
Damage Reduced By 7
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 To Light Radius

Don't think so -.-.

V/t's are going to start using the grief runeword. WIth it people say they will be doing 7k smite.

I'm guessign BM blizz sorcs are goign to merc it up with infinity mercs. With that they will be unsorbable.

Never really thought of anything else.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-04-21, 11:50 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "LoL? Fortitude: Body Armor All..."
my friend has a fortitude that has 300ed on it as body armor...i think the Arreat Summit messed up or soemthing cause that runeword in an armor adds 300ed

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zygoat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzygoat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zygoat

Posted 2005-04-21, 12:44 PM in reply to zygoat's post starting "my friend has a fortitude that has..."
I'm making a blizz sorc right now pretty much for that reason. I was thinking about making a barb, and seeing how many total auras I can have w/ the aid of a merc(Doom,Dream,Bramble,Beast/Pheonix-switch, Merc-Infinity maybe Pride,Dragon ) that would be tight. But I was going to make a blizz sorc neways so I'll go that route for now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-04-21, 07:35 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "I'm making a blizz sorc right now..."
well that is perdy stoopid...but w/e floats ur boat, but i still wanna reply about my friends 300ed(damage) fortitude...if i knew how to post s/s's i would have him email me a screenie but everytime i have tried to post before it says file is uploaded and thats it...

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zygoat

Posted 2005-04-25, 08:35 AM in reply to zygoat's post starting "well that is perdy stoopid...but w/e..."
http://www.planetdiablo.com/images/i.../fortitude.jpg

Looks like it has some 300 EDam and Edef there to me along with a host of other nice mods...

Arreat has it wrong I think.

If that screenshot is accurate Sov do you think Fortitude might be better than Enigma/CoH...or even Duress (OW mod is nifty) for a V/t?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DamonGalos

Posted 2005-04-25, 08:59 AM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "http://www.planetdiablo.com/images/image..."
is better for anything melee yea you lose some skills and some resist but that ed and base def is nice all in its own...as for enigma if you wanna make any kinda caster then enigma just better to tele with

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zygoat

Posted 2005-04-25, 10:40 AM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "http://www.planetdiablo.com/images/image..."
I went and got a 160/60 armor from my friends zon and put it on my v/T. I compared the damage from that to the damage with btals. It was less. Unless that 300% edmg is somehow glitched into the equation, it is a horrible armor.

Id take a nigma over it any day.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-04-25, 11:37 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I went and got a 160/60 armor from my..."
even for a melee...why? only good it has for melee is the 2 skills (enigma)

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zygoat

Posted 2005-04-25, 08:49 PM in reply to zygoat's post starting "even for a melee...why? only good it..."
I think they had Fortitude as the weapon characteristics for a week or so, but maybe they saw it was too uber and made different armor stats?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-04-25, 10:35 PM in reply to zygoat's post "new runewords?"
ok well heres what myFortitude has:

Archon Plate 1461 <~~~THIS IS MY ARMOR!!!
20% Chilling Armor when struck
25% faster cast rate
300% EDam
200% ED
+15 defence
+xxx life (Based on Clvl)
+5% max lightning resist
+28 resist all
Damage reduced by 7
12% damage goes to mana
+1 light radius

heres what Arreat Summit says:

Weapons
20% Chance To Cast Level 15 Chilling Armor when Struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate
+300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+(1-1.5)-(99-148.5) To Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
+5% To Maximum Lightning Resist

Body Armor
All Resistances +25-30 (varies)
Damage Reduced By 7
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 To Light Radius

by the looks of it they just said fuck it and combined the 2

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zygoat

Posted 2005-04-26, 05:23 AM in reply to zygoat's post starting "even for a melee...why? only good it..."
For melee IDK. I full planned to strip my concentrate barb when I heard of the new runewords, so I never cared to look into it. What you can do is have eth temp armors. Make a few of those runewords in eth armors (with hugh dura prefereably) and use those.

Heres my idea on this subject.

REember that youd have to change your gear for max DR. With a PERFECT dr COA you will only have a grand total of 46 damage reduction. This is assuming you have perfect dungo's as well. You also don't have a free socket open in your armor that you could possibly 40-15.

With a LEVI(25) All you need is a pdungo (15), and a low coa (10%) This will enable you to potentially pit up to 120% edmg extra in jewels alone. A perfect LEVI would have I think +50 str. Thats so fa a total of 170% edamage. A high levi can also have 1700+ defence. In a paladin or concentrate barb, that equates to much extra def.

I really don't know though. These new rune words are going to ruin melee dueling. ANd I'm probably wrongon everything that I've said above.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2005-04-26, 11:45 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "For melee IDK. I full planned to strip..."
with all that gear to =120% edmg thats pathetic...a fortitude would give you more then double that in the armor alone and you could still get upper DR with pdungo p coa and a ss or w/e else there is...

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zygoat

Posted 2005-04-26, 01:35 PM in reply to zygoat's post starting "with all that gear to =120% edmg thats..."
You do realize that all damage builds usually get the shit kicked out of them?

Example: Lidless sorc vs my Max Block ES Stormshield Sorc.

Who can take more ww's? SURE shell be doing 21k+ dmg and I only 16K, but that 21K is useless when you die from 1 ww or zerk. ? You have to take defence into consideration.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2005-04-26, 04:58 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "You do realize that all damage builds..."
got you a point...so instead of the coa, dungo, and ss, or w/e just build up some massive def that way you would have the better of both worlds

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zygoat

Posted 2005-04-26, 08:02 PM in reply to zygoat's post starting "got you a point...so instead of the..."
Hmm, to find out the 'glitch' I'd say make another fortitude and see if it has combined stats.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-04-27, 11:38 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Hmm, to find out the 'glitch' I'd say..."
it does, every single fortitude i have seen has had combined stats ill talk to kaneda next time i see him on and have him take some screenies cause when i take em that turn out bad and i dunno how to upload them to zelaron, so ill have kaneda for you guys

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zygoat

Posted 2005-04-27, 12:26 PM in reply to zygoat's post starting "it does, every single fortitude i have..."
Bah who the fuck cares. Melee is retarded.

99% of them are ebayers

Just wait till ladder resets and go into palapk pr PN games and check out the ebayed zealot/barb gear.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2005-04-27, 04:42 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Bah who the fuck cares. Melee is..."
if i remember correctly you carry some melee characters in your crew...right? sov so then you must ebay too...shameful

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zygoat

Posted 2005-04-27, 04:47 PM in reply to zygoat's post starting "if i remember correctly you carry some..."
99% all of a sudden means all of them?

My concentrate barb has been naked for a long time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign