Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Space Questions
Posted 2005-04-17, 08:48 AM
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.

Last edited by Shinto Katana; 2005-04-17 at 08:50 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2005-04-17, 08:24 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post "Space Questions"
This is a crock of shit. It's based on '[a]' having tech that doesn't even exist.

Alternate reality? That would mean that there are INFINITE numbers of realitys. For every single action there are an ENOURMOUSLY large amout of possible outcomes. In one reality you can move your arm 2 inches, in another, 1.999999999999999999999 inches. ETc Etc. At this moment the two realities break apart. They are no longer identical. To see into another reality and see the planet exploding is just one POSSIBLE outcome. Not THE outcome. You'd have to go see millions of others to make even a somewhat educated guess, and even then the odds are that you are wrong. All you could do is warn them that this COULD happen. But try explaining to them that you saw into another reality timeline.... they'll institutionalize you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-04-17, 08:28 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "This is a crock of shit. It's based on..."
What Sov said, basically.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-04-18, 07:34 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "This is a crock of shit. It's based on..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2005-04-18, 07:45 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
Why don't you stop asking us mortals, and seek answers in the divine BIBLE CODES?!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-04-18, 08:01 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Why don't you stop asking us mortals,..."
GravitonSurge said:
Why don't you stop asking us mortals, and seek answers in the divine BIBLE CODES?!
That made me laugh, Grav.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-04-18, 08:05 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post "Space Questions"
Shinto Katana said:
I have some deep thought questions. Now, letÂ’s say your friend ([B]), and you ([A]) are on different planets. [A] is on planet Earth, and [B] is on a different galaxy, planet, for example: Andromeda and some planet. Now, from planet Earth [A] can: 1: See the planet [B] is on, and [B]'s people. 2: Be able to notify [B] in a short amount of time (instant, per se). 3: See into the future for a short amount of time. Now, lets say [A] looks into the future and sees that [B]'s planet is going to explode, actually witnesses the reality from Earth (remember we see into the past from Earth). When [A] gets back, [A] states a message: "Your planet is going to explode, leave ASAP." But just as [B] was getting the message the planet exploded. [A] knowing this, and seeing the reality from Earth (seeing the planet still there)--the reality coming towards [A]. Could [A] still message and get a reply from [B] in that reality thatÂ’s coming towards him? If so, could [B] be resaved in that reality. This is just one for now. Have fun.

Edit: Someone move to GC.
The post is somewhat difficult to understand. First of all, person [A] wouldn't see the planet explode until millions of years after it exploded, but lets say he saw that in the future it would explode. There is no reality coming towards him -- just light. [B] would already be dead. [A] couldn't save [B]. There is no alternate reality. The fact that [A] could still see the planet is due to the lag between what's happening at point [B] and the time it takes light to get here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-04-18, 08:35 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "The post is somewhat difficult to..."
Rather than speculate on highly improbable cosmic situations involving Einsteinian math, can any of you shitsacks do something useful and help me find my socks?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-04-18, 10:11 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "Rather than speculate on highly..."
mantralord said:
Rather than speculate on highly improbable cosmic situations involving Einsteinian math, can any of you shitsacks do something useful and help me find my socks?
No.

WW!!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-04-18, 10:12 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "Rather than speculate on highly..."
Check under your bed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-04-18, 11:53 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Check under your bed."
Found them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-04-19, 09:57 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "Found them."
Where were they?

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2005-04-19, 11:43 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post starting "Where were they?"
The answer to that i believe involves a complex situation of Sock A having far superior technology to that of Sock B in an alternate reality where both socks are on different furnature in his room. Now if Sock A could see Sock B on the dresser from under the bed, and could see mantra walking toward said sock. Is it logical that Sock A could warn Sock B of the impeeding doom before it was too late?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2005-04-19, 04:09 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "The answer to that i believe involves a..."
Nah, it was in the rat cage.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2005-04-19, 09:08 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Why don't you stop asking us mortals,..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shining Knights

Posted 2005-04-19, 10:19 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
I knew you would say that. If you take every other 18th letter using manga formatting starting from Psalm 113 and going backwards, it says exactly that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2005-04-19, 10:33 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I knew you would say that. If you take..."
If you really wanna have fun with the Bible, look in Revelation 1:17.

"When I caught sight of him, I fell down at his feet as though dead. He touched me with his right hand and said 'Do not be afraid. I am the first and the last' ".

It gets ever better if you keep reading from there.

Revelation was written by John.

Hm... John 1:17. Anyone seeing the connection? Seems like a gigantic storyline hint to me, if you can figure it out...

I know I see what could be a little bit of it.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-04-20, 08:35 AM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
Ya.. Mjord answered your question....

Quote:
The post is somewhat difficult to understand. First of all, person [A] wouldn't see the planet explode until millions of years after it exploded, but lets say he saw that in the future it would explode. There is no reality coming towards him -- just light. [B] would already be dead. [A] couldn't save [B]. There is no alternate reality. The fact that [A] could still see the planet is due to the lag between what's happening at point [B] and the time it takes light to get here.
Just for completeness, I'll add and rephrase.

First off, [A] cannot see into the future. It's not possible. If someone could see into the future, they wouldn't be able to change a motherfucking thing, because the future would be the future. It's simple causality. If you know what will happen, then whatever the fuck you do doesn't matter. Know why? Because you know what will happen.

Secondly, if [A] could see [B]'s planet exploding before everyone else on Earth saw it (i.e. he was close to it when it happened), he could tell everyone on Earth that it was going to blow up and be held as a prophet when the light showing planet [B] exploding reached Earth. He could not, however, contact anyone on planet [B] because at time of transmission, it would be space dust.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-04-20, 09:45 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Ya.. Mjord answered your question.... ..."
I wonder if the Bible Codes talk about -pH acids...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-04-20, 02:02 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I wonder if the Bible Codes talk about..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shining Knights