Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Remembrance Day (Canada)
Posted 2004-11-11, 02:12 PM
Today we remember, things we can never forget,
today we remember, things we will always regret.
Those of the past, of whom gave their lives,
those brave soldiers, so many who died.
Sacrificing so much, for the needs of us all,
in the search for peace, so many did fall.
But where are we now, what have we done?
have we stopped the fighting? have we put down our guns?
The quest for peace, the goal may be absurd,
There is much to do, don't let your voice go unheard.
In the search for peace, we must try our best,
remembering the fallen, lest we ever forget.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2004-11-11, 02:45 PM in reply to wilma's post "Remembrance Day (Canada)"
Went to the service this morning, it was pretty good. It usually is around here, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-11-11, 02:59 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Went to the service this morning, it..."
it's pathetic, people in my class wouldn't shut up during the moment of silence. Plus 90% of teh people at my school didn't have a poppy. I guess it's only a white people tadition now
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2004-11-11, 05:03 PM in reply to wilma's post "Remembrance Day (Canada)"
All the soldiers who served may Rest in Peace for eternity.
They served to make Canada independant and yet not enough people realize this or think it doesn't matter any more...the past is the past. I hate people like that, no respect or honour for the brave that died so long ago. People at my school clapped during the Ceremony the school has, every year...its so disrespectful. Luckily barely anyone talked during the moment of silence. Most people at my school had Poppies. Its a shame so many dont seam to care.....

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-11-11, 08:18 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "All the soldiers who served may Rest in..."
My school is pretty good about it. Poppys were sold out, and there wasnt a whisper in the entire school during the moment of silence (We were all in the gym for a ceremony).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-11-11, 10:16 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "My school is pretty good about it...."
The fuck is a poppy? We had school off.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-11-11, 10:21 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "The fuck is a poppy? We had school off."
Veteran's day, y0.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!