Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Question flash animation?
Posted 2004-10-21, 01:09 PM
How do you make a flash animation?? I've seen people do it, but I don't really undertsnad how to do it........and if I make one, I can import it into my game, right?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2004-10-22, 11:19 AM in reply to Noob101's post "flash animation?"
Noob101 said:
How do you make a flash animation?? I've seen people do it, but I don't really undertsnad how to do it........and if I make one, I can import it into my game, right?
Do you mean make the screen flash different colors?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Aurvian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAurvian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Aurvian

Posted 2004-10-22, 12:03 PM in reply to Noob101's post "flash animation?"
Noob101 said:
Or do you mean like a little movie type thing???

Either you can create it in Windows Movie Maker I think (don't have a damned clue how you do it but...) or in the actual game. Just set up a long event, or use common events and such.

Ask around about Movie Maker, and tell us the gist of what you want and we can help. Or at least I can.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2004-10-22, 04:16 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Or do you mean like a little movie type..."
Alright, I meant a movie-type-thing........I haven't seen a movie inside a game yet, but I know it's possibly...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2004-10-23, 10:46 AM in reply to Noob101's post starting "Alright, I meant a..."
There is a program called Flash (I have version 5) and you can make movies like those found at newgrounds.com, or you can make games also found there. Whatever you do, don't plan on having long cinema's and then posting them on the websites, unless they're zipped (and then they still might be huge files), because no one wants to wait for 10 hours of downloading time to play a game that doesn't meet people's expectations.

As for the learning it part, in the Flash program, under the help menu, there is an option called samples and one called tutorials. The tutorials shows you how the stuff is done, and the samples are some small, basic, yet appealing items that can be done. For the complicated stuff you can't figure out, there are plenty of books out there.

Now, about bringing it into your game, look under the event commands, there should be one that says "PLAY MOVIE" and then it lets you load your movie file. Then you could divide the cinema between in-game sections and actual animated sections.
EXAMPLE: [show movie of bad guys attack town] SPRITES:hero moves towards goblin, and attacks, (goblin flashes, and disappears) [Show movie of Hero standing over goblin. Then runs to save others] SPRITES:hero runs to farmer and gets there too late. But then he realizes that his parents are under attack, so he runs over to them.[play movie showing hero running to his parents, but being stopped by Man in Large Cloak. Hero is struck down, and watches helplessly while parents are killed. Then everyone leaves, expecting hero to die, but he lives, and now has a quest]SPRITES:hero enters own house and gathers a couple things, then goes to stores and takes a few weapons, and starts his journey. GAME START! Or something similar.

On a final note, quality is of the utmost importance. You can't throw somthing together in a matter of seconds and expect it to be the greatest thing in the world. If you really want to see what flash can do, take a look at Mucha Lucha! And for special effects (particles, explosions, and others) you may need a different program.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2004-10-23, 12:46 PM in reply to Noob101's post "flash animation?"
Noob101 said:
You can't import it into XP since there's no support for that, but you can import AVIs (and I believe WMVs) into RM2k3.

Since Draco already explained what Flash is, I'll just say that it saves as SWF files (or FLA files which can be edited, I believe), which don't work with RPG Maker.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-10-24, 10:28 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "You can't import it into XP since..."
But you can also save them as html files, wmv files, quicktime files, and the list goes on, so you can actually bring them into flash. That is actually what I am doing for my game.
R.I.P
Pontiac

[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2004-10-25, 03:51 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "But you can also save them as html..."
I've never actually seen a flash animation in any game I've downloaded.

You're exciting me now.

Do you have a rough estimate of when it will be finished???

----------

Any specific place to download Flash, or do I just Google it and hope for the best???
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2004-10-25, 10:07 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "But you can also save them as html..."
Draco2003 said:
But you can also save them as html files, wmv files, quicktime files, and the list goes on, so you can actually bring them into flash. That is actually what I am doing for my game.
Interesting, didn't know Flash was capable of saving as WMV files (I knew it could save HTML files that can point to the SWF itself though)

As Lenny says though, I've never seen a Flash movie in RPG Maker (though that may be simply because it can't actually be a SWF).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-10-25, 10:54 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Interesting, didn't know Flash was..."
Maybe they are too time consuming for most people, or too complicated. Or maybe there are game makers out there that aren't committed enough to make them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2004-10-25, 03:46 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Interesting, didn't know Flash was..."
I'm not sure if the game I played used flash for movies or not.

I forget what it is called, but your suppose to say Link and your a dragon that has two seprate minds in one brain. They split into two humans.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-10-25, 09:22 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "I'm not sure if the game I played used..."
My game is still in early stages of development. I mean EARLY EARLY EARLY. Early like still using RTP Everything. I am going to finish my videos, make my characters, then the items and magic, all custom animations, and laslty put it together. Oh and I forgot to squeeze in custom menu system and custom battle system. Most of this stuff I am still learning, though so it might take a while. Although I thank Bluecube for his tutorials (both the weapon upgrade and the map screen) and all the help everyone here has given me. I don't know where I'd be without you. Probably at a different forum, but that's beside the point. I'll be sure to include this forum in my credits! (I'd name you all, but that's a ton of people, and I don't want to pull a square-enix. HAHAHAHA )
R.I.P
Pontiac

[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Draco2003