Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Question about Dual Wep Barbs.
Posted 2004-10-14, 02:51 AM
Ok, question. I'm remaking my nm barb VanWolfHowl. My new barb, Vedek, is an Axe barb. He shall be using an Eth Death Cleaver and Probably an Ebotd Zerk when dual wielding. Now, the dc has a 66% chance of deadly strike mod on it. Will this mod only work during a ww if the eth dc hits, or will it kick in if the Ebotd Zerk hits as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-10-14, 07:09 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Question about Dual Wep Barbs."
Im not 100% sure but i think the deadly strike only applies to the dc... correct me if im wrong, cuz i want to be wrong on this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GEEkZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGEEkZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GEEkZ

Posted 2004-10-14, 08:31 AM in reply to GEEkZ's post starting "Im not 100% sure but i think the deadly..."
ur wrong, seriously. ive tested it wiv open wounds and dual wielding, still got open wounds, why wud it not work with deadly strike if it works with open wounds AND crushing blow? (tested this too)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ScamAlot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenScamAlot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ScamAlot

Posted 2004-10-14, 08:49 AM in reply to ScamAlot's post starting "ur wrong, seriously. ive tested it wiv..."
Yes but when u ww, u have 2 seperate weapons, that hit seperately also... Thats why i think the ds only applies to dc. Anyways, im not gonna argue as i hope i am wrong we'll just see when sov's char is ready.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GEEkZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGEEkZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GEEkZ

Posted 2004-10-14, 10:01 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Question about Dual Wep Barbs."
It only applies to the DC.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-14, 01:02 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "It only applies to the DC. :("
Vollstrecker said:
It only applies to the DC.

.... what? Yes so with highlord you can only get the deadly strike if you hit with your ammy, THOW YOUR AMMY AT THEM!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-10-14, 01:48 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Question about Dual Wep Barbs."
Sovereign said:
Ok, question. I'm remaking my nm barb VanWolfHowl. My new barb, Vedek, is an Axe barb. He shall be using an Eth Death Cleaver and Probably an Ebotd Zerk when dual wielding. Now, the dc has a 66% chance of deadly strike mod on it. Will this mod only work during a ww if the eth dc hits, or will it kick in if the Ebotd Zerk hits as well.
The 66% ds on dc only applies to dc, and instead of dc+ebotd zerk use beast zerk + ebotd, I personally use 411ed ebotd zerker + a beast zerker and it is much more effective damage wise and the AR,Cb,Ow, and the lvl 9 fanaticism is a gd boost. And with highlords and gores+ cs from a barb you'll have around 60ish ds which is good enough, and without gores you'l have around 50ish ds which is good enough as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
TheFinalrei is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTheFinalrei is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

TheFinalrei

Posted 2004-10-14, 04:40 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting ".... what? Yes so with highlord you can..."
Ganga said:
.... what? Yes so with highlord you can only get the deadly strike if you hit with your ammy, THOW YOUR AMMY AT THEM!
OMFG!!1111 J00 R RIGHT!!!111 THEN TEH 400% ED FROM THE EBOTD SHOULD AFFECT TEH DC 2!!!11111ONE
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-14, 05:01 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "OMFG!!1111 J00 R RIGHT!!!111 THEN TEH..."
lol... *sits back and watches*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

GEEkZ

Posted 2004-10-14, 06:30 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "OMFG!!1111 J00 R RIGHT!!!111 THEN TEH..."
Vollstrecker said:
OMFG!!1111 J00 R RIGHT!!!111 THEN TEH 400% ED FROM THE EBOTD SHOULD AFFECT TEH DC 2!!!11111ONE
LEEEET JOOO OMG!!! THEN BEAST FANTA'S AURA ONLY WORK ON THE BEAST WEAPON!! OMG.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-10-14, 06:56 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "LEEEET JOOO OMG!!! THEN BEAST FANTA'S..."
Note the obvious sarcasm. 90% of magical modifiers on weapons modify THAT WEAPON, and that weapon alone.

Example: You have a weapon that deals poison damage, and a weapon that deals cold damage. Both are not applied to both weapons, your barbarian swings his weapons independently. Try it sometime, using a standard attack.

Exceptions are made when the effect does NOT have an offensive/defensive ability (like the +30 all stats from BOTD). Enchantments on jewelry and charms affect the WHOLE, not just itself. -.-
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-14, 11:16 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Note the obvious sarcasm. 90% of..."
Fanta on Beast have a offensive ability, so you telling me that only beast will get the fanta.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Ganga

Posted 2004-10-14, 11:19 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "Fanta on Beast have a offensive..."
Ganga said:
Fanta on Beast have a offensive ability, so you telling me that only beast will get the fanta.
That's just like saying battle orders will only increase your mana
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
TheFinalrei is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTheFinalrei is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

TheFinalrei

Posted 2004-10-14, 11:29 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "Fanta on Beast have a offensive..."
It's an aura... Auras effect the end result, not a per-weapon basis.

Plus direct damage of any form or any ability that has a chance to take effect on a weapon applies only to the weapon. It only applies on the weapon that it is on. Cold damage, fire damage, lightning damage, poison damage, damage, deadly strike, open wounds, chance to cast chain lightning, chance to cast static field, chance to blah blah blah blah.

The only mods that work for both weapons are those that are applied indirectly by one of two methods.

1. They are added via a non-melee item. Armor that adds damage adds to the amount of damage you do period. It does not pick a weapon. Charms that add poison damage add poison damage to the end result.

2. They are added through an effect (i.e. aura). Same as before. These effect the end-result.

I don't see how you're even arguing this, Ganga...
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-10-14, 11:55 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "It's an aura... Auras effect the end..."
lmao that stupid ass thefinalrei got banninated lmaolmaolmao

EDIT: he has a point though, beast+ebotd is much better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mehatesAA is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmehatesAA is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mehatesAA