Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

New Comp. Can It Handle Diablo?
Posted 2004-09-04, 09:37 PM
I jus bought this comp i get it friday i think, well my grandma bought it for me. i jus wanna no if i can play diablo and it and once i get a wireless card/router will i still be able to play?

Heres a link:
NoteBook I Jus Bought (I no that there is more.. there was 5 i think before i bought it)

ne one recremend a wireless card and a router? plz post links.. or give me information on them

i beleive i need a Pc card not a PCI card.. i do believe that Pc=Notebook and PCI=Desktop but im not sure.. Thnx bros.
`~Working in the Mortuary Affairs field isn't so bad. It pays for my 2009 Scion tC, so I can't complain.~`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69

Posted 2004-09-04, 09:43 PM in reply to Joka69's post "New Comp. Can It Handle Diablo?"
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo2exp/
Scroll down, System Requirements are on the bottom.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-09-04, 09:47 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "http://www.blizzard.com/diablo2exp/ ..."
HandOfHeaven said:
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo2exp/
Scroll down, System Requirements are on the bottom.
i was getting there... i really wanted more help on the router/card but i didnt no where to post it
`~Working in the Mortuary Affairs field isn't so bad. It pays for my 2009 Scion tC, so I can't complain.~`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69

Posted 2004-09-04, 09:59 PM in reply to Joka69's post starting "i was getting there... i really wanted..."
should work fine, but with 256 RAM it will seem slow when you run more then 1 program, actually really slow. You might wanna upgrade that if possible on that laptop not sure bout that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Endurack is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Endurack

Posted 2004-09-04, 10:28 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "should work fine, but with 256 RAM it..."
On a laptop the ramm can be upgraded. Most laptops come with spots for two ram chips. If worst comes to worst, hes got 2 128 mb ram chips, take one out and put in a 256 or a 512. He'll have some bitching ram.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-09-04, 10:33 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "On a laptop the ramm can be upgraded. ..."
i got 512 Mb ram on my Laptop, but i dont have d2 on it, i use it for school work, and games during class
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2004-09-05, 01:03 AM in reply to Joka69's post "New Comp. Can It Handle Diablo?"
As for the wireless card and router. I recomend Linksys Wireless G with the 4 port wireless G router. I have been using Linksys stuff since 2k and they haven't given me any problems.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-09-05, 01:05 AM in reply to Joka69's post "New Comp. Can It Handle Diablo?"
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2004-09-05, 10:32 AM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
Shinto Katana said:
you my friend..just got ripped LOL
Meh i relized that after i bout it... i cant go wireless at the moment.. so im gunna go wired.. i mite but another ram chip in though
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Joka69

Posted 2004-09-05, 11:31 AM in reply to Joka69's post starting "Meh i relized that after i bout it... i..."
seriously, if your grandma got that laptop for 699, then you got ripped off because even stores sell cheaper than that now....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-09-05, 01:17 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "seriously, if your grandma got that..."
Yeah, you should have gotten a P4 buts thats imho.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-09-05, 02:02 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "should work fine, but with 256 RAM it..."
Endurack said:
should work fine, but with 256 RAM it will seem slow when you run more then 1 program, actually really slow. You might wanna upgrade that if possible on that laptop not sure bout that.
Nah, it will be fine. I've run D2 on my 700 mhz 128 ram computer forever. I do think you got ripped off, though. I bought a Dell around 6 months ago that was 2.4 ghz and 512 ram with 40 GB hard drive, and got it for 800 dollars.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-05, 02:38 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Nah, it will be fine. I've run D2 on my..."
It does seem a little pricey Joka and unless you really have to be mobile or have alot of work that you will use a laptop for then I would have opted for a desk top computer,you could have got dvd player/burner with 512mb ram and 3.2 ghz processor for that much.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Blackadder is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBlackadder is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Blackadder

Posted 2004-09-05, 03:22 PM in reply to Blackadder's post starting "It does seem a little pricey Joka and..."
well.. i can upgrade it.. thtas not a problem.. im puttin xp on it and the ram is goin to be increased to the max.. and a cd/dvd burner is comming soon to
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Joka69

Posted 2004-09-05, 03:27 PM in reply to Joka69's post starting "well.. i can upgrade it.. thtas not a..."
i need a friend
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
yuna-rikku-pain is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenyuna-rikku-pain is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

yuna-rikku-pain

Posted 2004-09-05, 04:01 PM in reply to Blackadder's post starting "It does seem a little pricey Joka and..."
Blackadder said:
It does seem a little pricey Joka and unless you really have to be mobile or have alot of work that you will use a laptop for then I would have opted for a desk top computer,you could have got dvd player/burner with 512mb ram and 3.2 ghz processor for that much.
but a desktop limits my mobility..... i no i could have gottena better deal.. i almost did but my grandma bought this one
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Joka69

Posted 2004-09-05, 04:08 PM in reply to Joka69's post starting "but a desktop limits my mobility..... i..."
Joka69 said:
but a desktop limits my mobility..... i no i could have gottena better deal.. i almost did but my grandma bought this one
Damn if ur comp cannot handle diablo then holy fuck...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
==Nit5u4== is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between==Nit5u4== is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

==Nit5u4==

Posted 2004-09-06, 06:48 PM in reply to Joka69's post "New Comp. Can It Handle Diablo?"
Joka69 said:
i beleive i need a Pc card not a PCI card.. i do believe that Pc=Notebook and PCI=Desktop but im not sure.. Thnx bros.
The term for the slot where you place things like Wireless Cards and whatnot is a PCMCIA slot, actually.

Also, if you have an integrated Netcard, you'll want to disable that one in your BIOS setup, to avoid problems later on (unless you plan on using it). That just makes things simpler though, if you're gonna only be using Wireless.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-06, 07:30 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "The term for the slot where you place..."
*points at himself* take this from the computer tech working at staples, *in a deep loud booming voice*
DONT BUY THAT F#%^%'in POS kkggkthxs
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-09-06, 07:52 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "*points at himself* take this from the..."
ur a little late blck .... ships tomorrow... cuz of the holliday thing... anyways.. im goin wired for now.. i gotta drill holes in ym floor fro cables to get to my room..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Joka69