Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post Douglas re-signs with Philly
Posted 2004-08-31, 07:50 AM
www.nfl.com

Just after us Jaguars cut his ass for sucking last year, he agreed for a 1-year contract back with his home team which he had good chemistry with.

DE Douglas returns to Eagles

NFL.com wire reports

PHILADELPHIA (Aug. 30, 2004) -- Defensive end Hugh Douglas agreed to a contract with the Philadelphia Eagles, returning to the team after a one-year hiatus.

After being cut earlier in the day by the Jacksonville Jaguars, Douglas agreed to a one-year contract, said his agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

"Hugh desperately wanted to come back to Philadelphia," Rosenhaus said. "He didn't want to waste any time. He's looking forward to getting back to the fans he loves so much."

The team confirmed the signing late Monday.

Douglas, 33, signed a five-year, $27 million free-agent contract with the Jaguars that included a $6 million signing bonus following the 2002 season, but was cut after getting just 31 tackles and 3 1/2 sacks last year.

During his time in Philadelphia, Douglas was the anchor to one of the league's top defenses, and the Eagles hope he can provide stability for an injury-depleted defensive line. Philadelphia lost starting defensive end N.D. Kalu to a season-ending knee injury two weeks ago.

"With the injury to N.D. Kalu, he's got a great opportunity to fill a hole," Rosenhaus said.

Rosenhaus said Douglas will fly to Philadelphia on Tuesday to sign the contract.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2004, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-08-31, 07:52 AM in reply to D3V's post "Douglas re-signs with Philly"
Yeah, I think it is a huge pick up, especially with the loss of N.D. Kalu. He was once a great pass rusher, and he will be one again. Philly brings out the best in people. He received basically the league minimum for a 33 year old veteran, but he has plenty of incentives depending on sacks. He will own!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-31, 12:05 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Yeah, I think it is a huge pick up,..."
I don't know if he will have a great season. He could have a decent seaseon, but I don't think he has the same speed or ferocity he once had. Philadelphia may bring out the best in him, but it is highly doubtful.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EvilLeprechaun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEvilLeprechaun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EvilLeprechaun

Posted 2004-08-31, 01:49 PM in reply to EvilLeprechaun's post starting "I don't know if he will have a great..."
Either way, he will still get like 7 or 8 sacks, guaranteed, especially with all the emphasis being placed on The Freak! Possibly more, yo..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-31, 02:13 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Either way, he will still get like 7 or..."
7 or 8 Guarnteed? I doubt it. He'll probably suck like he did with the jaguars. He only had like 1 tackle all pre-season, no sacks, even though he lost some weight, he's still not as explosive as two seasons, or even 3 seasons ago. I think his days are greatly numbered.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-08-31, 04:29 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "7 or 8 Guarnteed? I doubt it. He'll..."
Hah, just 2 and 3 seasons ago, he was getting in double digit sacks. It's not his fault the Jags suck and everyone teamed up on his ass after having ridiculously productive seasons with the Eagles.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-31, 05:50 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Hah, just 2 and 3 seasons ago, he was..."
Yeah, but if he can't show how good he is with the Jaguars, then why should he be better in Philadelphia? Don't say the Freak will take pressure off him. He is so injured, I don't even see him playing 8 games. Maybe they will both surprise me, but I just don't see it. Douglas had good seasons, but he is just at best a back-up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EvilLeprechaun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEvilLeprechaun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EvilLeprechaun

Posted 2004-08-31, 08:35 PM in reply to EvilLeprechaun's post starting "Yeah, but if he can't show how good he..."
As in, a backup to an injured N.D. Kalu? Exactly. GG..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-09-01, 01:58 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "As in, a backup to an injured N.D...."
HAHA The Jaguars suck? The Jaguars had the #2 Run defense last year, and like 11t against the pass. That was because of John Henderson and Marcus Stroud in the middle. Hugh Douglas has been running his damn mouth, and he's making his town and himself look like a dumbass.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-09-01, 05:08 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "HAHA The Jaguars suck? The Jaguars had..."
Exactly. He is just a big mouth trying to be a superstar. Kind of like a bunch of other players in pro sports. Hugh Douglas could go to a team like Arizona and be a star, but he wants to win. Can't blame a guy for wanting to win. Let's just see what he can still do. Hopefully he will back up his words. He can still have the potential to be a star, but he may have passed up his mental prime. It is hard to play well, when you think you can't.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

EvilLeprechaun