Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Suicide cold sorc
Posted 2004-08-28, 08:53 AM
Probably not a viable build... just a thought.

Max frozen armor, shiver armor, chilling armor, cold mastery, blizzard, 9 glacial spike, 1 ice blast, 1 ice bolt, 1 frozen nova.

Gear:
nightwing's veil with cold facet,
+3 cold skill ammy with 100 life (or 25 damage reduction),
+2 arkaine with cold facet,
arachnid,
2xsoj,
death's fathom with cold facet,
shield with 4x cold facet,
ik gaunts,
sandstorm trek,
anni,
10 cold skill charms,
9x 30def,20life sc

You can get (assuming that you do not get synergies from +skills)

From shiver armor
1606-1800 damage
with cold lenght of 68 seconds
with 303% defense bonus

From blizzard:
5663-5866 damage

With -270 enemy cold res.

Defense:
1450(armor) + 352(helm) +148(shield) + 138(belt) + 178(boots) + 118(gloves) + 270(charms) = 2476 pre-shiver defense =
9978 defense

Damage reduction:
*40 if you drop 100 life on ammy

Life:
98(armor) + 40(anni) + 500(charms) + 100(amulet or 25damage reduction) + 30(boots) + 180(charms) + 40(base) + 98(leveling up) + 820(stats) =
1906 life

Strength:
10(base) + 20(anni) + 15(boots) + 20(gloves) + 100(stats) =
165str (enough for gear)

Strat:
This will only work against a melee character.

It would help a little bit if the adversary doesn't have "Cannot be frozen" but it doesn't matter all that much because you're going to be doing reflected damage. It also doesn't matter how much stacked cold defense they have. You're subtracting a whopping 270.

Just walk up to them and cast blizzard. With such low cold cold resist, they should die very quickly from the blizzard and shiver armor.

I don't have the time, patience, or resources to try this build. I don't really expect anyone else to try it. If you do, though, be my guest.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-08-28, 09:24 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Suicide cold sorc"
Ew, good imagination. I think that would be a really bad sorc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-08-28, 09:56 AM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "Ew, good imagination. I think that..."
that's just a normal blizzard sorc..? I don't see why is it suicide... a suicide chararcter is a characer with many facet, once they die, they bring down thier enemy with the die facet.

From you buid... you just making a blizzard sorc, when a melee character come near you and try to MELEE you with close rang, you cast blizzard on yoursef, so if they come near, they die.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-08-28, 01:06 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "that's just a normal blizzard sorc..? I..."
He has a bunch of defense, that's the difference...

Try it out
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-08-28, 01:30 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "He has a bunch of defense, that's the..."
well 10k def.. is not really help much. You need around 25 to 40 k def to get it really working, I tested many time on my pally.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-08-28, 02:08 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "well 10k def.. is not really help much...."
How would blizz be that high?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-08-28, 02:13 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "How would blizz be that high?"
He said "def", as in Defense, not Blizzard damage..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-28, 02:15 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "He said "def", as in Defense, not..."
Quote:
From blizzard:5663-5866 damage
Whats that supposed to mean then?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-08-28, 02:15 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Suicide cold sorc"
From blizzard:
5663-5866 damage

Yeah, I was wondering about that aswell. Its a lot of damage for not maxing the synergies.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-08-28, 02:17 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Suicide cold sorc"
I'd say not to waste your time simply for the fact that I hate sorcs. But hey, that's just me!

I guess im a little biased
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-08-28, 02:19 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "Whats that supposed to mean then?"
Oh, well you gotta use Linear mode properly then. You were replying to Ganga's post where he said 10 k def, then 25 to 45 k def.

Oh well..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-28, 04:30 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Oh, well you gotta use Linear mode..."
That damage is easy to get with all those facets, i'm assuming.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-08-29, 03:23 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "That damage is easy to get with all..."
Well, the helm gives 15% cold damage, the orb gives 30% cold damage, the 7 cold facets give 25% cold damage. That's 70% cold ed.

I'm *thinking* maybe I multiplied by 1.8 so either I'm missing something now, or I vice versa then. Anyhow, with the gear, you have +24 cold skills, so that's level 44 blizzard.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-08-29, 03:28 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "that's just a normal blizzard sorc..? I..."
No, this is not a blizzard sorc. If you'll notice, I only have 11 of a possibly 60 synergy points. Blizzard damage could be a lot higher.

I was going for damage from shiver armor.

You're banking on... say a whirlsin hitting you like 3 times. Hopefully, on the pass, she'll be hit by blizzard twice (~10k damage). Additionally, she'll be hit by your shiver armor 3 times (~4.5k damage).
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-08-29, 09:40 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "No, this is not a blizzard sorc. If..."
How bout you max Enchant instead of blizz and slap on a Passion or beast to make a melee sorc?

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-08-30, 07:20 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "No, this is not a blizzard sorc. If..."
Medieval Bob said:
You're banking on... say a whirlsin hitting you like 3 times. Hopefully, on the pass, she'll be hit by blizzard twice (~10k damage). Additionally, she'll be hit by your shiver armor 3 times (~4.5k damage).
She'll be hit by ~2 of those attacks, as they block 60% of attacks...

You'll be dead prior to that, most likely.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-30, 09:41 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "She'll be hit by ~2 of those attacks,..."
Even with 10k def and 2k life (more if you have a CTA on switch)?

Besides, you can't block shiver armor retaliation, can you?
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-08-30, 09:57 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Even with 10k def and 2k life (more if..."
I didn't think so. It would be like blocking a FO..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-30, 10:25 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I didn't think so. It would be like..."
Maybe an Assassin could do it!

*looks around for blck*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SkyGoneBlue is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSkyGoneBlue is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SkyGoneBlue

Posted 2004-08-30, 02:56 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I didn't think so. It would be like..."
WWsins can block ANY form of attack, with Dual Weapon Block...

I've blocked Blizzards before. Anyway, I haven't used Shiver Armor in AGES. Does it shoot a projectile, or is it a 'Thorns'-like effect?

If it's like Thorns, they likely can't block it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker