Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Well... I feel shitty.
Posted 2004-08-19, 03:43 PM
My girlfriend(Jacqui) and I just broke up about 30 minutes ago. This is the first girl that I have ever loved. I thought I was going to marry her one day; she felt the same way about me. We loved each other. I would take a bullet for her. I still love her a tremendous amount.

I guess we are just taking a break, seeing as how we will probably get together again. She is too religious for me. She talks about God 24/7; she pushes me towards Him all the time. I know I'm a Christian and I'm going to Heaven. That's not good enough for her. She wants me to be in love with him like she is. I just can't do that. I'm not that kind of person.

I can't be a teenager if I date her. I can't smoke pot, drink alcohol, mess around with girls/her, get in trouble or anything like that because it would hurt her. She's told me herself on numerous occasions that the only person she loves more than me is God. I can deal with that. But, the constant reminding and nagging she does is a little bit too much sometimes. I guess she expects me to act like an adult when I'm only 17.

I have been her boyfriend for 10 months and 8 days. Well, that ended today. Hopefully not for long because I love her to death. We've talked about marriage before and I know if I had stayed with her we would have married later in life. I don't know if I'm making the biggest mistake of my life or not. All I know is, I feel like total shit. Motherfuck, I already miss her.

I'm sorry you all had to read this - it's probably just a bunch of ramblings thrown together, but I've already talked about it with my friends. I just needed to vent. I've never cried so much in my life. Call me a pussy or whatever, but I am in so much pain. I just wanna make her happy.

Lonely as fuck right now,
Thanatos.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-08-19, 03:53 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "Well... I feel shitty."
Happens to everyone, dude. It sucks. But, eventually you'll get over it..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-08-19, 03:54 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "Well... I feel shitty."
I'm honestly sorry dude. That really sucks. Hopefully it will still work out for you two. Nothing against the religious buffs or anything, but I can see how that might get on you. I'm atheist, for those who didn't know, and I absolutely hate when people try to push me towards god, so I can kind of feel where you're coming from, but that has to suck immensly more when it's from the girl you love so much. I don't know how I would handle it if a girlfriend of mine told me she loved god more than me, but since you believe in god it's probably a completely different scenario. It really does sound like she's asking too much from you at this age, especially since you two don't seem to share the exact same beliefs. Still, I hope it works out for you, man.

And just as a side-note, you don't sound like a pussy at all. I posted shit like this about a girl on this board, and she wasn't even my girlfriend. I will personally lynch anyone that says anything disparaging you because of this post.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-08-19, 04:00 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "Well... I feel shitty."
That licks balls.

ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ARE GOING TO PAY. YOU ARE THE ONES WHO ARE THE BALL-LICKERS. WE'RE GOING TO FUCK YOUR MOTHERS WHILE YOU WATCH AND CRY LIKE LITTLE BITCHES. ONCE WE GET TO HOLLYWOOD AND FIND THOSE MIRAMAX FUCKS WHO ARE MAKING THAT MOVIE, WE'RE GONNA MAKE 'EM EAT OUR SHIT, THEN SHIT OUT OUR SHIT, THEN EAT THEIR SHIT WHICH IS MADE UP OF OUR SHIT THAT WE MADE 'EM EAT. THEN YOU'RE ALL FUCKIN' NEXT.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-08-19, 04:02 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "That licks balls. ALL YOU..."
GravitonSurge said:
ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ARE GOING TO PAY. YOU ARE THE ONES WHO ARE THE BALL-LICKERS. WE'RE GOING TO FUCK YOUR MOTHERS WHILE YOU WATCH AND CRY LIKE LITTLE BITCHES. ONCE WE GET TO HOLLYWOOD AND FIND THOSE MIRAMAX FUCKS WHO ARE MAKING THAT MOVIE, WE'RE GONNA MAKE 'EM EAT OUR SHIT, THEN SHIT OUT OUR SHIT, THEN EAT THEIR SHIT WHICH IS MADE UP OF OUR SHIT THAT WE MADE 'EM EAT. THEN YOU'RE ALL FUCKIN' NEXT.
Niqqa grav, you have a seizure with caps lock pressed down?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-08-19, 04:09 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Niqqa grav, you have a seizure with..."
He's quoting Jay from "Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back".

On-Topic: That sucks man, and I know how you feel. Hopefully, you both we will be happy, whether together or apart. If she feels the same way about you, you have nothing to fear, as she will return.

Although, I will impart one piece of advice: Definitely wait on getting married. People change a LOT in their younger lives, so it is best to wait before doing anything as life-altering as that. I've flat-out told Abby it isn't even an option for a few more years, at least. On average, 4/5 marriages end in divorce when the couple marries this young (25 and under, roughly).

But enough of that. I hope it works out, man.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-19, 04:11 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "He's quoting Jay from "Jay and Silent..."
Vollstrecker said:
He's quoting Jay from "Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back".
Oh. Thanks for that info. I was fearing for his health for a second.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-08-19, 04:13 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Niqqa grav, you have a seizure with..."
>> Jay and silent Bob Strike Back

GG Grav
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-08-19, 04:16 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "Well... I feel shitty."
That's horrible I'm sorry this all happened to you man. Hopefully things get better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-08-19, 04:16 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Oh. Thanks for that info. I was fearing..."
You should still be worried, since this just occured:

GravitonSurge: have I.. written anything?!!?
Kamesan: NO.
GravitonSurge: What on earth does that mean

I don't even know who that is or how their name got into my instant message box!

I don't remember writing that! Or my reply! What the fuck! HELP!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-08-19, 04:51 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "Well... I feel shitty."
Ugh.. First loves are the worst ones. The pain incurred from a break up is far beyond any other feelings you could ever imagine having. Nothing wrong with having strong feelings and being a human in shitty circumstances. If you don't cry after a first love break up, it probably wasn't real love, unless you are just a normally cold-hearted individual.

Anyway, first break ups usually don't last too long, especially in cases where neither person is really at any significant fault. Time apart may be the best thing right now. I'm sure everything will work out for you bud. Take it easy, and keep venting if need be.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-19, 05:01 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Ugh.. First loves are the worst ones. ..."
I just didn't want her to be my first love. I wanted her to be my only love. I have no doubt in my mind that if we met when we were say.. 25, we would have been married by now. She made me so happy every second I was with her. Sometimes I'd wake up and think, "Holy shit, I'm Jacqui's boyfriend!" God, this sucks.

We wouldn't have divorced either - she's totally against it. If we say our vows, divorce isn't an option. My parents got divorced so I'm not really gung-ho about it, either.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-08-19, 05:11 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I just didn't want her to be my first..."
Thanatos, if she is pressuring you about God, and Idk, I have my own view on God, maybe you should talk to her about it. If this break is a "break" like just a "break", then you guys are still friends right? Talk to her about it, and tell her how much you miss her. Maybe you can fix it up if you guys talk about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
OmniFalcon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOmniFalcon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

OmniFalcon

Posted 2004-08-19, 05:14 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "Well... I feel shitty."
Have you tired telling her how you feel? Like everything that you've said in this thread.

I guess it doesn't matter now, seeing as you're broken up.

Last edited by -=Rico-GP=-; 2004-08-19 at 06:06 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-08-19, 05:16 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I just didn't want her to be my first..."
Well, I don't think many people think that when they fall in love for the first time that there will be others. Everyone always thinks the one they are with is "the one". Not saying you might not ever have to fall in love again, since this very well could be the one, but I'm just saying.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-19, 05:25 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Well, I don't think many people think..."
im really sorry thantos, but it does happen to everyone
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-08-19, 05:54 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "Well... I feel shitty."
That sucks man. I hope that you two are just, as you said, taking a break. She probably still loves you too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-08-19, 06:12 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "That sucks man. I hope that you two are..."
Well, we won't be getting back together until I realize how fucking dumb I'm being. Meaning, I need to be more religious before we get back together.

Yes, I've told her everything I've told you guys in this thread. Yes, we still love each other. It'll take her a longer time to get over me because of how she depended on me. She kind of lost some close friends while we were dating, when I gained more friends. So... I'll just go get high with them or whatever. I really hate this.

It pretty much comes down to this: Once I want to be as religious as her, I will call her. Whether it be 2 months or 2 years. She'll still have a place in her heart for me, as I will her.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2004-08-19, 06:13 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "That sucks man. I hope that you two are..."
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.

Last edited by Shinto Katana; 2004-08-19 at 06:19 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2004-08-19, 06:29 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
Our breakup was mutual. I was the one that suggested we take a break and she pretty much agreed with it.

I already believe in God and I'm a Christian. That's not good enough for her, though. She has a really personal relationship with God, while I don't. Apparently, you need one to be with her. Anyway, I know for a fact that she loved me. We were engulfed in each other. Like I said, we had already planned on marrying while in college.

She never controlled me. Hell, I smoked pot; something that she is totally against. She's the president of every non-drug group in our school.

I will still talk to her everyday and continue to love her, as she will do the same. It's just gonna be a lot different not going over to her house all the time and spending immense amounts of time together. I'll eventually get over it but it's gonna be hella hard.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos