Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Best/Favorite electric guitar solo of all time?
Posted 2004-06-28, 01:06 PM
It can be from a song, or just a solo.

My favorites in order are:
1- Jimmy Page's live solo in stairway to heaven on the cd "How the West Was Won" (by the way, if you like Led Zeppelin, that CD is a MUST buy, no joke).
2- Jimi Hendrix playing his song "Little Wing" in crazy solo form. For that matter, anything by Hendrix.
3- Slash in the Velvet Revolver song "Slither".
4- Black Sabbath solo in "Ironman"
5- Slash in the Guns N' Roses song "Sweet Child of Mine"
6- Metallica solo from "Seek And Destroy"
7- Compilations of little bits of guitar from Queen.
8- ANYTHING done by Eric Clapton.

Well there is my incredibly slim list for you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-06-28, 04:18 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Best/Favorite electric guitar solo of..."
Ehhh

The only one that pops immediately into mind would be 'Floods' by Pantera. The solo rocked.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-06-29, 11:09 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Ehhh The only one that pops..."
This thread bombed. Fuck you Zelaron.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-06-30, 01:17 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "This thread bombed. Fuck you Zelaron."
Jimmi Hendrix Live at Woodstock... when he kicks down the distortion and rocks the entire place.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MenstrualChunks is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMenstrualChunks is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MenstrualChunks

Posted 2004-06-30, 11:21 AM in reply to MenstrualChunks's post starting "Jimmi Hendrix Live at Woodstock... when..."
1. Jimmy Page's "How The West Was Won".
2. Jimi Hendrix playing voodoo child behind his back and with his teeth.
3. The Stairway to Heaven solo by Jimmy Page
4. The solo in Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
5. Almost any solo by Jimi Hendrix
6. Almost any solo by Jimmy Page (especially in Heartbreaker)
7. Ironman and War Pigs by Black Sabbath
8. Hotel California solo by Don Felder/Joe Walsh
9. Sweet Child o' Mine solo by Guns N Roses
10. Crossroads by Eric Clapton
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-06-30, 12:30 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "1. Jimmy Page's "How The West Was Won"...."
Have you guys heard Sea of Lies By symphony X?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2004-06-30, 12:37 PM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "Have you guys heard Sea of Lies By..."
No.

But my vote goes for War Pigs, by Black Sabbeth.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-06-30, 12:39 PM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "Have you guys heard Sea of Lies By..."
I love the guitar solo In Audiolsave's song "Like a Stone" and I like the various solos in metallica's "one"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2004-06-30, 03:11 PM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "I love the guitar solo In Audiolsave's..."
This is random sorta, but the most overrated guitar players of all time are John Mayer and Dave Matthews. I hate John Mayer, and DM is nothing special at all, in fact I hate both of those faggots.

The CD "How the West Was Won", once again, is a MUST BUY for fans of classic rock... MUST BUY.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-06-30, 09:31 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "This is random sorta, but the most..."
Classic Rock is awesome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-06-30, 09:54 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Classic Rock is awesome."
Yeah it is... what do you think of Velvet Revolver?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-06-30, 10:36 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Yeah it is... what do you think of..."
Can't honestly said I've heard them yet.. they any good?

Is the Slash you speak of the same Slash from GNR?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-07-01, 02:24 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Can't honestly said I've heard them..."
Yeah it is. Velvet revolver consists of three Guns N' Roses members, the vocalist from the Stone Temple Pilots, and some random bass player... and they kick ass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-07-01, 03:16 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Yeah it is. Velvet revolver consists of..."
Stone Temple Pilots kick ass, so I'm definately gonna check them out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2004-07-01, 06:31 PM in reply to uncapped's post starting "Stone Temple Pilots kick ass, so I'm..."
Their "hit" as of now is "Slither"... I like their other stuff better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-07-01, 06:52 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "This is random sorta, but the most..."
Agreed, Dave Matthews and John Mayer need to die painfully. I like the solo in iron man and in realign by Godsmack, though it's not really a solo.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-07-04, 01:40 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Agreed, Dave Matthews and John Mayer..."
Realign? haha, funny name...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penny_Bags