Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Summer Tip: Don't sleep with the air conditioner constantly on
Posted 2004-06-25, 08:57 PM
Apparently, I'm starting to get pneumonia. That's apparently how my grandfather died - sleeping with the air conditioner on, got pneumonia, and died. Feels like my lung capacity got cut in half.

So, uh.. yeah, be careful about that. The modern air conditioner - friend or foe? Discuss.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-06-25, 09:09 PM in reply to BlueCube's post "Summer Tip: Don't sleep with the air..."
All forms of cold are evil.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-06-25, 09:10 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "All forms of cold are evil."
I turn my air conditioner on in my room when I sleep only.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2004-06-25, 09:14 PM in reply to platnum's post starting "I turn my air conditioner on in my room..."
I keep the air conditioner on all night at like 65 degrees...doesn't really bother me...
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2004-06-25, 09:16 PM in reply to Silverjinx18's post starting "I keep the air conditioner on all night..."
Oh sure, it doesn't bother you now, but when you wake up and wonder why the heck your chest is hurting and you can't breathe as well as you usually do, you'll scream CURSE YOU AIR CONDITIONER!!! and post in this thread again, wishing you would have heeded my words.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-06-25, 09:17 PM in reply to Silverjinx18's post starting "I keep the air conditioner on all night..."
Normally I have it on, doesn't bother me at all. Sometimes my dad turns it off, maybe cuz he has trouble breathing. Oh well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-06-25, 09:18 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Normally I have it on, doesn't bother..."
My air conditioner is energy star.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2004-06-25, 09:44 PM in reply to platnum's post starting "My air conditioner is energy star."
you probably wouldn't believe me, but i was told by a doctor that, despite super sensitivity to hot and cold, i probably wouldn't be able to catch pneumonia even if i had the air conditioner running 24/7
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-06-25, 09:55 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "you probably wouldn't believe me, but i..."
Perhaps not YOU, Immunity McNotGonnaGetSick, but bacteria DO like to breed in air conditioners. Apparently there's some kind of "Legionnaires’ disease" which I think I'm going to look up on Google..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2004-06-25, 09:58 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Perhaps not YOU, Immunity..."
lol, yeah there are. My family is immune to most diseases that breed in the air conditioner (pneumonia is an exception except with me)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-06-25, 10:06 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "lol, yeah there are. My family is..."
i sleep durring the day so i turn it on durring the day. I rather like the cold. cant stand summer time, to hot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

‡AC‡

Posted 2004-06-25, 10:11 PM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post starting "i sleep durring the day so i turn it on..."
you sound like my mom there MasterAC. She loves the cold and hates the heat. She would move to Alaska or Antarctica if she could :/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2004-06-25, 10:21 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "you sound like my mom there MasterAC. ..."
i live in south louisiana, it gets friggin hot durring the summer. winter on adverage is about 40-50 degrees.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

‡AC‡

Posted 2004-06-25, 10:22 PM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post starting "i live in south louisiana, it gets..."
Ah, I lived in Mississippi for 12 years. I rather enjoyed the summer (i am totally opposite what my mom is like when it comes to weather preference)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2004-06-25, 10:26 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Ah, I lived in Mississippi for 12..."
My AC is on right now and I can actually feel my legs starting to get numb, but I'm too lazy to get up and turn it off. Don't judge me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-06-25, 10:28 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "My AC is on right now and I can..."
I freeze my ass off downstairs in the basement while my mom burns up upstairs :/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2004-06-25, 10:31 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Ah, I lived in Mississippi for 12..."
I live in Texas and I'd have to say that playing football in 100 plus heat with gay humidity has made me hate the heat. I would love to live somewhere where it never gets cold, like Antarctica.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2004-06-25, 10:36 PM in reply to badboy's post starting "I live in Texas and I'd have to say..."
ever had 110 with a really high humidity and not being allowed in because it's "hotter" inside than outside when in fact thats' only because they haven't paid certain bills and the a/c was cut off?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2004-06-25, 10:38 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "ever had 110 with a really high..."
Another reason why I hate the heat is my car has no AC, so everytime I get into it it's around 140-160 degrees.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2004-06-25, 10:39 PM in reply to badboy's post starting "I live in Texas and I'd have to say..."
badboy said:
somewhere where it never gets cold, like Antarctica.
Exactly..

Wait.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav