Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

East vs. West
Posted 2004-05-05, 11:50 AM
Just wondering if any of you prefer one server over the other. I'm in California so I naturally chose West. However, I've read somewhere (I think here) that there's less hackers in East (or something like that). Is there a reason I would want to play in East instead? Do any of you play East when geographically you'd probably play West (or vice-versa)? I'm thinking of going East because a lot of times (probably 5 out of 7 days a week) I get a Realm Down in West.

thoughts? Thanks guys!

Last edited by jabberwock; 2004-05-05 at 11:54 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jabberwock is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenjabberwock is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

jabberwock

Posted 2004-05-05, 12:00 PM in reply to jabberwock's post "East vs. West"
i think i will go in east i play in uswest i get realm down or laging alot and i hear my friend playing in useast don;t get those stuff so i will go for useast
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2004-05-05, 12:02 PM in reply to jabberwock's post "East vs. West"
jabberwock said:
I'm thinking of going East because a lot of times (probably 5 out of 7 days a week) I get a Realm Down in West.

thoughts? Thanks guys!

I am USWest and I haven't had realm down in at least 6 months.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-05-05, 01:40 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "I am USWest and I haven't had realm..."
I was recently on west as well.... i switced 2 east becuz in my oppinion/experience it is faster for me.....

I can help you out if u want but im only like lvl 40 and very poor lolim also non expansion cuz im 2 lazy 2 get up and switch it over/install expnsion but if someoen wants 2 play wit me ill gadly switch gimme a holla sumtime
`~Working in the Mortuary Affairs field isn't so bad. It pays for my 2009 Scion tC, so I can't complain.~`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69

Posted 2004-05-05, 08:52 PM in reply to jabberwock's post "East vs. West"
Traditionally, USWest had more Bugged Items, and East had more dupes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-05-05, 08:53 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Traditionally, USWest had more Bugged..."
I lik my Useast thank you very much!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-05-06, 08:22 AM in reply to Joka69's post starting "I was recently on west as well.... i..."
Joka69 said:
I was recently on west as well.... i switced 2 east becuz in my oppinion/experience it is faster for me.....

I can help you out if u want but im only like lvl 40 and very poor lolim also non expansion cuz im 2 lazy 2 get up and switch it over/install expnsion but if someoen wants 2 play wit me ill gadly switch gimme a holla sumtime
Heh, I couldn't imagine playing non-exp. I'll start an East account and see how it goes. I guess the best thing to do is do the usual bliz sorc or hammerdin as first char and mf til you've got other stuff for other characters huh? Ughhhhhhhh! And I just got my west hammerdin to 80 too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jabberwock is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenjabberwock is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

jabberwock

Posted 2004-05-06, 03:49 PM in reply to jabberwock's post starting "Heh, I couldn't imagine playing..."
Heh, I couldn't imagine playing non-exp

Well its different lol
harder 2 lvl but its a way 2 get a lvl 1 in hell
`~Working in the Mortuary Affairs field isn't so bad. It pays for my 2009 Scion tC, so I can't complain.~`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69

Posted 2004-05-09, 01:28 AM in reply to Joka69's post starting "Heh, I couldn't imagine playing non-exp..."
yea useast is a lot non laggish, ive only had one day out of like 3 years that it lagged like hell but that was b nets fault cause they were making the patch on that day...so...there ya have it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-05-09, 12:31 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "I am USWest and I haven't had realm..."
kockblocker1 said:
I am USWest and I haven't had realm down in at least 6 months.
Same here, and also that makes no sense whatsoever because there are 3 times as many mpeople on east hence it laggs/realms down people WAY more than west does. I bet the douchbag who made this thread has a pentium 2 or some crappy 56k connection and thats why he is bitching and whining.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-05-10, 08:18 AM in reply to zagggon's post starting "Same here, and also that makes no sense..."
East is also the more populated half of the continent as well as the default realm on installation (for US versions, anyway), so it would make sense that they would spend more money on the servers for East than for West.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-05-10, 08:20 AM in reply to zagggon's post starting "Same here, and also that makes no sense..."
zagggon said:
Same here, and also that makes no sense whatsoever because there are 3 times as many mpeople on east hence it laggs/realms down people WAY more than west does. I bet the douchbag who made this thread has a pentium 2 or some crappy 56k connection and thats why he is bitching and whining.
I started the thread and I may not have a super uber gaming rig, but it's more than enough to run D2. I have an Athlon XP 2600, Nvidia GeForce4 Ti 4600, 1GB of DDR2100 RAM on a 3Mbps cable connection (tested for throughput and latency).

I did start an east char and found out it lagged a bit more than in west. It HAS to be the times I play. It wasn't just me, a lot of people were complaining everytime I experienced the lag and also crap like not being able to join a game or create a game. That happened twice over the weekend. I hopped in the chat channels and everyone was whining.

Never, EVER in this thread did I whine or bitch. It was a simple question.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

jabberwock

Posted 2004-05-10, 11:55 AM in reply to jabberwock's post starting "I started the thread and I may not have..."
WHEN you're playing has a lot to do with the lag, also. Server load is a big factor when dealing with lag.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-05-12, 11:19 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "WHEN you're playing has a lot to do..."
well, i play in west and i lag alot, but i might have an explanation for y west amy lag more. well here, when u enter a channel it says the server is being hosted b y at&t. well here in the west, att&t is sucking, so just maybe shit ass hosters for the server
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Bouroukism is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBouroukism is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Bouroukism

Posted 2004-05-13, 04:19 AM in reply to Bouroukism's post starting "well, i play in west and i lag alot,..."
i play on east only because all of my friends play on east..just play the game where you're more likely to have more fun
What is this!?! A center for ants!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
supaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensupaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

supaflip_69

Posted 2004-05-13, 11:12 AM in reply to supaflip_69's post starting "i play on east only because all of my..."
West has more clans than east
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KimJongLi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKimJongLi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

KimJongLi

Posted 2004-05-13, 01:53 PM in reply to supaflip_69's post starting "i play on east only because all of my..."
I joined east for the same reason, the majority of people I know play it. Not so many hardcore though...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven