Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Thumbs down Paying for Diablo
Posted 2004-03-31, 08:16 PM
I was talking with my friend, who's dad works at blizzard and he has heard that they are going to start charging people to play online, sometime during the summer. He said that since Everquest was making so much money, blizzard wanted some too. They will do some kind of realm whipe and then start it over with people paying. Man i hope that this doesn's happen
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-03-31, 08:19 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post "Paying for Diablo"
DUDE that would suck balls. I would only do it if it were like $1 (hehe cheapskate I know) a month.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-03-31, 08:29 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "DUDE that would suck balls. I would..."
money makes the world go round.......now, even the diablo world...... (assholes)......they not only want all our time but also all our money........if they want blizzard can also have my sister......take my sister instead!!!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dam

Posted 2004-03-31, 08:30 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post "Paying for Diablo"
I actually heard about this too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-31, 08:37 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post "Paying for Diablo"
I've heard rumors...but it ain't ever going to happen...if it did everyone would go nuts, if d2 was pay to play no reason sc or wc wouldn't be either...like 2million people play these games constantly...i think blizz would lose business since there is all those 3rd party servers (maybe be slower but won't cost so everyone will want to play ) tee hee .... well i'm out lates
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2004-03-31, 08:38 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I actually heard about this too."
Vollstrecker said:
I actually heard about this too.
I wont play if they do that, I dont wanna pay, I do it for fun.
I could see if it was a new game, or like one I hadnt played extensivly.
But GOD.
Zelaron - [ Translate this page ]
Zelaron est une communauté en ligne pour des gamers, des programmeurs et des ar.
www.yotor.com/wiki/fr/ze/Zelaron.htm - 5k - Cached - Similar pages
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Arkantis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenArkantis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Arkantis

Posted 2004-03-31, 09:02 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I actually heard about this too."
when this happens will there be an absolute clean out of all characters?......will i loose my accounts and stuff just like that ......will we all, after loyally playing of the diablo games for many years, get screwed over because blizzard has become money hungery.......and what do we get for all the time and effort we all have put into this game...... do any of you think that this is fear???????????..........wug
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dam

Posted 2004-03-31, 09:19 PM in reply to dam's post starting "when this happens will there be an..."
I heard a Realm Wipe was in order, to help clean all the dupes and such from the realms for their paying customers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-31, 09:31 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I heard a Realm Wipe was in order, to..."
You mean they would delete EVERYTHING and start over? cuz that would fricken rock to start from scratch\
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-03-31, 10:53 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post "Paying for Diablo"
the day the clear out all my guys/records/whatever, is thte day i quit those games. Ive worked to hard to get where iam, and i sure as hell dont want to pay money so i get to do it all over agian.

Blizzard is digging its own grave if it does this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-03-31, 11:12 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "the day the clear out all my..."
I don't think they can do that, because people bought the games for Free battle.net service. But I don't have the box next to me, so I can't say if it is Free closed battle.net...

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2004-04-01, 04:05 AM in reply to Senesia's post starting "I don't think they can do that, because..."
if they do it they will lost more than they win,the most d2 player won´t play it more...
excuse me plz for my bad english
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlackKnight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBlackKnight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BlackKnight

Posted 2004-04-01, 08:10 AM in reply to BlackKnight's post starting "if they do it they will lost more than..."
BlackKnight said:
if they do it they will lost more than they win,the most d2 player won´t play it more...
actually you might be suprised at how addicted some people are to this game there would still be quite a crowd of people i would imagine. also blizz has nothing to lose really because this game is so old, so they only have to gain from it. the only real way for them to lose would be to make it so you had to pay to play with all of thier games. because then i would not likely buy another blizz game. if they only make it pay to play for diablo i would probably switch to warcraft 3 FT.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2004-04-01, 09:08 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "actually you might be suprised at how..."
HAHAHA APRIL FOOL'S NIGGERS!

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-04-01, 10:57 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "HAHAHA APRIL FOOL'S NIGGERS!"
RoboticSilence said:
What did you do?
Zelaron - [ Translate this page ]
Zelaron est une communauté en ligne pour des gamers, des programmeurs et des ar.
www.yotor.com/wiki/fr/ze/Zelaron.htm - 5k - Cached - Similar pages
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Arkantis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenArkantis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Arkantis

Posted 2004-04-01, 11:57 AM in reply to Arkantis's post starting "What did you do?"
He is saying that the paying thing for diablo is april fool nigger.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-04-01, 12:18 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "He is saying that the paying thing for..."
MightyJoe said:
who's dad works at blizzard
God I've heard that SOOO many times...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2004-04-01, 02:10 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "HAHAHA APRIL FOOL'S NIGGERS!"
RoboticSilence said:
Damn, he guessed it.

Happy April Fool's Day guys.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-04-01, 02:17 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Damn, he guessed it. :p Happy..."
figure....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-04-01, 04:13 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "figure...."
happy april fools, thanks for the help vollstrecker
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe