Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

frozen orb sorc
Posted 2004-03-26, 07:06 PM
hey i want to make a frozen orb sorc and i was wondering what are your suggesstions and opinions
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-03-26, 07:13 PM in reply to iceman887's post "frozen orb sorc"
iceman887 said:
hey i want to make a frozen orb sorc and i was wondering what are your suggesstions and opinions
Well my bot sorce is one (lvl99) and contrary to popular belief, she OWNS. I think alot of people use blizz sorces now and dont want to hear about orb so they try to give it a bad rap when actually it is still very good.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-03-26, 08:10 PM in reply to iceman887's post "frozen orb sorc"
It wouldn't be too hard to make one, Frozen Orb's only synergy is Ice Bolt. You have plenty of skill points left over to add another element...

Firewall was always popular, or you could go with some lightning.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-26, 08:23 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "It wouldn't be too hard to make one,..."
well this is what i was thinking, i want a cold sorc because with a cold sorc u can do pit runs, which i heard are decent so and i would use blizzard but ive had a orb sorc and its radius is really good, and u can basically run and shoot the orb and hurting a lot of people fast, but with blizzard its just one area. and i thought with the new synergies orb cuold get a lot stronger because even before in 1.9 it was pretty strong even though the damage said it was like 350. yah, i know i would have lots of stat points left, could i still max blizzard too? with all the synergies?, if i go lighting i wont beable to get all the synergies so im pretty sure ill just max out all cold, only a 1 element sorc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-03-26, 09:20 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "well this is what i was thinking, i..."
Ummm pit runs, well they have monsters with immune to cold so, if i were u id go with fo, some points into cold mast, maybe ice bolt, chain lightin and synergies. somethin like that, d2items.com has a skil planner.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2004-03-26, 10:20 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "well this is what i was thinking, i..."
~45% of monsters in Pit are Cold Immune, ~45% are Fire Immune, and the rest are Lightning Immune.

You could go with Nova, but the damage on it would be kind of low. You could go Chain Lightning with partial synergies, Fireball with partial synergies, or even Firewall.

It's really up to you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-26, 11:01 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "~45% of monsters in Pit are Cold..."
dang, last time i looked at pit i only saw fire and lighting immune, oh well, but i rather get 1 element really strong, do u think i could still max blizzard with the synergies if i go with frozen orb?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

iceman887

Posted 2004-03-26, 11:06 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "dang, last time i looked at pit i only..."
Blizzard is a waste without the full synergies. You migth consider maxing orb and ice bolt, and then i have seen quite a few doing meteor and fireball and getting mastery up on both sides.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-03-26, 11:28 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Blizzard is a waste without the full..."
Firewall is a COMPLETE waste of points.

Best bet, is orb + synergy + cold master + lit + synergy + lit mast, not sure its going to work, but it's worth a try.

Lit because it does more damage, less mana, and with a bot it will hit EVERY time, so I'd say it's better than chain lit.

If you have a rigged sorc, go with Chain Lit (it eats mana fast as shit)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-03-27, 08:12 AM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "Ummm pit runs, well they have monsters..."
SlickFic04 said:
d2items.com has a skil planner.
lmao.......
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-03-27, 11:19 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "Firewall is a COMPLETE waste of points...."
`Insolence` said:
Firewall is a COMPLETE waste of points.
From what I hear, Firewall's damage is still decent (although using the skill takes some talent).

I personally wouldn't go for Firewall, but others may.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-27, 01:10 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "From what I hear, Firewall's damage is..."
why is zaggon lmao at what slick said? and also does lighting only hit like a striaght line or 1 person? if so then i wouldnt really want that, but what do u mean with a bot? you mean like a bot like to do magic find runs, those kind of bots? and what is a rigged sorc
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

iceman887

Posted 2004-03-27, 01:23 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "why is zaggon lmao at what slick said?..."
Straight line, lightning his many many targets, great for cow games, chain lit hits at max 9 targets.

Firewall IS nerfed..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-03-27, 02:41 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "Straight line, lightning his many many..."
`Insolence` said:
Straight line, lightning his many many targets, great for cow games, chain lit hits at max 9 targets.

Firewall IS nerfed..
on lvl 25 chain lit will hit 10 targets...
i would take orb,it could make more than 1.2k and hits veryfast an good+(-resitens)it will make very much more than 1.2k
but if you want to make mf runs you will need an other element
excuse me plz for my bad english
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlackKnight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBlackKnight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BlackKnight

Posted 2004-03-27, 04:23 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "lmao......."
zagggon said:
lmao.......
Whats is so incredibly funny about "d2item.com has a skill planner."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2004-03-27, 04:35 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "Straight line, lightning his many many..."
They did nerf Firewall from its point of stupidity back in 1.08. My first MF sorc was a Frozen Orb/Fire Wall build.

It could still work. I'll check things out a bit later on this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-27, 04:54 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "They did nerf Firewall from its point..."
No, it's not as effective as the build i posted, FW just cant keep up with lit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-03-27, 05:47 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "No, it's not as effective as the build..."
hey, i could max out blizzard, because ice bolt, ice blast, glacial spike, blizzard, and frozen orb is 100 skills and can have that many becaues of skill bonus
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

iceman887

Posted 2004-03-27, 07:18 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "hey, i could max out blizzard, because..."
just a little fyi if you havent made a cold sorc the main reason for making one is to take advantage of cold mastery becuse a metero sorc can do roughly 15k per impact on meteor while maxed synergy blizz does about 6k not sure on this number havent made one yet. but anyway blizz will still kill meph alot faster if you have a good cold mastery than if you were using a meteor sorc.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2004-03-27, 07:23 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "just a little fyi if you havent made a..."
Plus, blizzard automatically casts, and does not take 1-2 seconds to land. And the d2items skill planner, it does not work. And I believe the calculations were wrong.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven