Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Semi-Finals! Kuja vs. Raziel

Posted 2004-02-23, 01:59 AM
Arena: Painborne Cathedral

In the Red Corner, Garland's Genome Warchild, the angelic destroyer of worlds, from Final fantasy 9: Kuja!!!

And in the Blue Corner, the devourer of apostate souls, the wielder of Nosgoth's salvation, from Soul Reaver: Raziel!!!

The air hangs heavy in the cavernous mass of the Cathedral. Kuja hovers in the air, spying his surroundings in the central chapel. He can taste decaying madness and sacreligious insanity pouring from the stained walls of this place. Raziel, quietly stalking the echoing halls of the church, can almost feel the Cathedral's maddening spirit permeating his very soul. He realizes that, if he were a mortal man, this place would have driven him mad within seconds.

The avenging ghoul emerges into the central chamber, and upon doing so, spies his enemy, the powerful warlock, Kuja. The sorcerer takes note of his entry immediately, and slowly turns his gaze to meet the foul wretch that will soon suffer his wrath. The two lock eyes, but before either can speak, both are suddeny wracked by a mental shockwave sent rippling throughout the edifice. Both realize instantaneously what has happened: the ravenous, insane identity of Painborne Cathedral has awakened, and is seeking nourishment. Within seconds, both combatants begin to hallucinate as the pure, seething energies of sheer madness seep into their minds. Both know within seconds that they cannot afford to toy with one another. The fight must be brutal and final. For, if either one allows the battle to rage on for longer than necessary, their minds will be utterly demicated by the raging insanity of the Cathedral. May God have mercy on their souls.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-02-23, 02:02 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Semi-Finals! Kuja vs. Raziel"
Raizel, do to the fact that I know shit about Raziel, can you suply me with a list of attacks or smething?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-02-23, 02:25 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Raizel, do to the fact that I know shit..."
Here is a comprehensive list of all of Raziel's abilities.

*DARK GIFTS*

Claws - Raziel's hands and feet are hardened into rock solid, razor sharp claws.

Physical Attributes - Like Kain, Raziel is far stronger, faster and damage resistant than any human could ever be.

Demon Wings - Raziel's wings have had the bones torn out of them, but they still have use. He can grab them and use them to slow his descent, eliminating fall-damage, muting his landings and allowing him to glide over farther distances than Kain's Slow Descent ability allows.

Telekinesis - Raziel can manipulate objects and enemies with his mind. He can instantly levitate and toss enemies and weaponry around. Using TK drains Raziel's TK Meter, but it recharges over time.

Soul Devouring - Raziel sustains his health by devouring the souls of his enemies. If it has a soul, he can eat it.

*DEMONIC GIFTS*

Spectral Shift - Raziel can shift from the Material Plane to the Spectral Realm at will. Once in the Spectral Realm he regains his health constantly. Time does not exist in the Spectral Realm, so to anyone outside of it, his shift to and from the nether region would be instantaneous. He can shift to Spectral whenever and wherever he wishes, but he must shift from Spectral at a "shift point." Basically, glowing pillars of energy found everywhere in the Spectral Realm.

Phasing - While in the Spectral Realm, Raziel can make his body "incorporeal" and he can pass through permeable or insubstantial barriers like gates and cages. This ability can only be used in Spectral.

Scaling - Raziel can climb walls with his claws at a steady rate. This ability can only be used in Material.

Force Projectile - Raziel can launch a telekinetic energy projectile that can damage enemies, move objects and shatter certain barriers.

Swim - Raziel can do what almost no other vampire in Nosgoth can claim: take a bath. He is also an extremely fast swimmer, and is capable of launching himself through and out of water like a torpedo.

*GLYPHS* (Spells. All glyphs drain Raziel's magic reserves.)

Force Glyph - Shockwaves of telekinetic energy blast outwards from Raziel's body, temporarily incapacitating all within it's radius.

Sound Glyph - Basically the same as the Force Glyph, only with sonic waves instead of force. The stun effect lasts longer, but it costs more magic to use.

Earth Glyph - Remember the last two? Yeah, longer effect, more drain, different approach.

Fire Glyph - Ah ha! Now the killing starts! Raziel is enveloped in a writhing ball of flame that expands and explodes outward igniting everything in it's path. Deadly at close range, less damaging at farther ranges.

Water Glyph - Vampires die. A ring of water erupts outward from Raziel's midsection causing instant death to vampiric enemies. It just deals concussive damage to non-vampiric enemies.

Sunlight Glyph - Pure, brilliant Sunlight floods the area severly weakening more powerful vampires (like Kain) and just flat out destroying weaker vampires (like the Rahabim).

And the moment you've all been waiting for...

The Soul Reaver Wraith Blade - The Soul Reaver's true form. An undulating, writhing beam of blue energy coiling around Raziel's right arm. It bypasses all armor, is unbreakble, and cannot be removed from Raziel's body by conventional means.

Raziel's Force Projectile can be used in conjunction with the Wraith Blade for an enhanced effect. Raziel also has a number of elemental enhancements for the Wraith Reaver. Each elemental Reaver has it's own special proerties and one Reaver Spell. Reaver Spells use Soul Energy to cast, and Soul Energy is stored by attacking enemies with the blade. Here are all of Raziel's Reavers, with a description of their special attributes and Reaver Spells.

The Spectral Reaver - Raziel's standard Spectral Realm Reaver. Made of green, spectral energy. Reaver Spell causes a large, spectral shockwave.

The Material Reaver - Raziel's standard Material Realm Reaver. Made of blue and white energy. Reaver Spell causes a large energy shockwave.

The Dark Reaver - Black and Purple negative energy. Reaver Spell makes Raziel invisible for a limited period of time. Projectiles can blind some enemies.

The Light Reaver - Made of Sunlight. Can illuminate dark areas and severely injure vampires. Reaver Spell temporarily blinds targets.

The Air Reaver - Made of violent, whirling air and concussive energy. Projectile can destroy compromised barriers (cracked walls). Also, when using the Air Reaver, walking through mud, swampland or any other form of movement-impeding substance does nothing to him. Reaver Spell throws enemies backwards violently, often stunning them.

The Fire Reaver - Made of scorching fire and red energy. Extremely damaging to any creature. Projectile can ignite enemies. Reaver Spell ignites all enemies within a certain radius, and while on fire, opponents defense parameters decrease drastically.

Water Reaver - Made of whirling water and blue energy. Reaver Spell freezes all enemies within a certain radius in a cocoon of ice. Can also be used to freeze waterfalls, turning them into scalable surfaces.

Earth Reaver - The second most powerful Reaver in Raziel's inventory. Made of pure, destructive green Gaia energy. Can cause tremors and when an enemy is struck. Reaver Spell causes an earthquake with Raziel at the epicenter. While the Earth Reaver is equipped, Raziel can walk underwater.

The Spirit Reaver - Raziel's most powerful weapon. Made of pure white, holy, spirit energy. Can destroy even the most powerful of demons in a single strike. Reaver Spell creates a column of ancient energies that eradicates everything within range. THIS IS AN ENDGAME WEAPON, AND THEREFORE IT IS NOT ALLOWED DURING ZELARON MELEE.

*WEAKNESSES* - In all honesty...none. Physical attacks and magical attacks will harm him, but he has no glaring weaknesses.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-02-23, 02:57 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Here is a comprehensive list of all of..."
Even with the size of the cathedral, the Silver Dragon wouldn't be able to use alot of aero attacks. In fact, it might just have to wak or something.

The Fire Glyph and the Earth Reaver are big problems for Kuja. He never showed he was a rapid flier and could fly fast enough to dodge the flames threatening to burn him into ashes. Equally a problem, the earthquake cused by Raziel coul knock Kuja off his feet. Or make it so he couldn't focus and cast his magic.

Seeing how the cathedral is old, it probably has alot of cracked walls. Air Reaver could blow these apart, making Kuja hiding impossible.

Kuja could stay far away and cast nonstop magic, but that wouldn't work very well. Raziel's projectiles could just hit him and blow everything around him to pieces. No, a frontal assault is not a wise move.

Guerilla warfare won't work either. Kuja could run and attempt to ambush Raziel, but he would need a one shot kill. Not possible with Spectral Shift. Not to mention, what I said about the walls and how Raziel could blow them up apart and make wholes in them. Then, there's always the Sunlight Glyph. It would blind Kuja and Raziel could use his claws and Kuja's pretty face would end up looking like Kane from WWE.

Kuja just can't win. Raziel's healing powers, the arena, his ability to attack both physically and magically, make him a supreme killing machine.

I deeply apolagize to Kuja. I have foresaken him.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-02-23, 08:46 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Even with the size of the cathedral,..."
Kuja`s #1 said:
Even with the size of the cathedral, the Silver Dragon wouldn't be able to use alot of aero attacks. In fact, it might just have to wak or something.

The Fire Glyph and the Earth Reaver are big problems for Kuja. He never showed he was a rapid flier and could fly fast enough to dodge the flames threatening to burn him into ashes. Equally a problem, the earthquake cused by Raziel coul knock Kuja off his feet. Or make it so he couldn't focus and cast his magic.

Seeing how the cathedral is old, it probably has alot of cracked walls. Air Reaver could blow these apart, making Kuja hiding impossible.

Kuja could stay far away and cast nonstop magic, but that wouldn't work very well. Raziel's projectiles could just hit him and blow everything around him to pieces. No, a frontal assault is not a wise move.

Guerilla warfare won't work either. Kuja could run and attempt to ambush Raziel, but he would need a one shot kill. Not possible with Spectral Shift. Not to mention, what I said about the walls and how Raziel could blow them up apart and make wholes in them. Then, there's always the Sunlight Glyph. It would blind Kuja and Raziel could use his claws and Kuja's pretty face would end up looking like Kane from WWE.

Kuja just can't win. Raziel's healing powers, the arena, his ability to attack both physically and magically, make him a supreme killing machine.

I deeply apolagize to Kuja. I have foresaken him.
I agree that Raziel would be able to fefeat kuja.Raziel is so much better than Kuja it isn't even funny.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2004-02-23, 09:07 PM in reply to Dan XIII's post starting "I agree that Raziel would be able to..."
Better than Kuja, no. Has powers at his disposal, yes.

Raziel told me to try and think of a way Kuja could win. Problem is, I can't focus. There's not really a challenge here. And that's when I am at my peak of gaming knowledge.

I will try in the sake of resurrecting Zel Melee.

Say he could use his dragon. He might have a chance. The dragon would increase his speed, making him able to avoid attacks like the Fire Glyph.

Also, he and the dragon could both blow apart the structure. They could halt Raziel's progress towards them. He would have to take time blowing apart the debres and Kuja could possibly ambush him with magic.

The real big problem is Kuja is purely magic. He can only attack magically and Raziel has both. He can pseed up and get in close;. Kuja must stay far away in order to have time to attack with his magics.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-02-23, 09:23 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Better than Kuja, no. Has powers at his..."
Kuja sucks. Raziel could rape him in a second.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-02-23, 09:25 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Kuja sucks. Raziel could rape him in a..."
Raziel, he just calleed Raziel gay.

Not to mention the ridiculously short post.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-02-23, 09:30 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Raziel, he just calleed Raziel gay. ..."
Edited by Raziel 
This entire post consisted of flames, HoH. Don't do it again. You have been warned.

Last edited by Raziel; 2004-02-23 at 11:49 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-02-23, 09:37 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "This entire post consisted of flames,..."
No name calling. Be nice to each other -.-

YOu say kuja is weak and sucks at fighting? How bout when he took a huge array of shots off of bahamut and left flying with a CUT on his head, a fucking cut!!!

(im no kuja fan, so i may be wrong here).

He destroyed a fucking PLANET for christs sake. His home world fell to ruins. YOu call taht weak and a crackhead? I have yet to see raziel destroy worlds.

Note: im not calling raziel weak in anyway, he is oen badass, but kuja isnt one to be trifled with either.

Last edited by Sovereign; 2004-02-23 at 09:40 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-02-23, 09:42 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "No name calling. Be nice to each other..."
I meant weak compared to raziel. Look at all of his Abilities and Attributes. He clearly outclasses Kuja.

And sorry for the inconvinience of vulgar name-calling, I shall save that for the flame forum, which i may never get to in the near future. Good day to all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-02-24, 11:49 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I meant weak compared to raziel. Look..."
Well, it's like I said. It comes down to Raziel's ability to use physical attacks. Get in close and Kuja is done for. I'll post more later. Got to get to class.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-02-24, 04:26 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Well, it's like I said. It comes down ..."
I'm just wondering where all of you live ( those of you who post between 1200-700 AM CST). Raziel seems immune to damage. I will state again, he will kill Kuja.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-02-24, 05:48 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I'm just wondering where all of you..."
read again....

Raziel said:
*WEAKNESSES* - In all honesty...none. Physical attacks and magical attacks will harm him, but he has no glaring weaknesses.
They do affect him. Just not like they would affect any other mortal. Kuja is no mere mortal either. He can levitate, and shoot little energy thingies from his hands when in trance.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-02-24, 06:24 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "read again.... They do affect..."
Little energy thingies? WTF? You mean like Ultima?

Okay, listen.

Kuja WAS able to withstand Bahamut's attack, but in all fairness, Bahamut isn't that powerful. If Kuja could withstand an attack like that, Raziel probably could. Though HP is alot different than just a health meter.

He could scale the wall and quickly climb up to where the dragon is, let of a Force Projectile and even though he would fall, his wings could lessen the damage.

Also, he could switch to

Kuja has many powers. Magical ones that are very effective. But, Raziel's attacks could be too numerous, it wouldn't give Kuja the time he needs to fire. If this was a pure magic-to-magic battle, Kuja could win. It's just, his physical atributes are greater than Kuja's. Run quickly, use an occasional attack, get in close and either claws ora Rever attack.

Kuja might be able to avoid him if the dragon took him high up, but even then, the Silver Dragon could not evade Force Glyph or Sound Glyph for long.

He could switch to Spectral Realm. He could now run through walls, whereas the Silver Dragon must waste time moving all around to avoid running into the walls. Also, telekenis could come into play. He could break aprt stuff and then just throw it at the dragon.

Then there's the health issue is on Raziel's side. Kuja must find time, like all his other attacks, to cure himself. Raziel can switch to Spectral and his health is instantly restored.

I'm guessing Raziel is a slow, methodic person, not emotional and impulsive. This mean he would contemplate his moves. Though not much strategy is needed.

*Raziel point out flaws. I don't want Raziel to win merely because I am the only one posting a significent arguement.*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-02-24, 06:31 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Little energy thingies? WTF? You mean..."
Kuja's#1 said:
Then there's the health issue is on Raziel's side. Kuja must find time, like all his other attacks, to cure himself. Raziel can switch to Spectral and his health is instantly restored.
If i remember correctly, raziel brought this up in a previous battle. Raziel LOSES when forced to go into the spectral realm. So flying through walls and regenerating hp instantaiously wont happen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-02-24, 06:53 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "If i remember correctly, raziel brought..."
Well, Raziel says he can do it at will. Besides, he wouldn't need to do this, because he wouldn't get hurt. So I've got a tiny battle plan.

Raziel stared at the bizarre looking man, atop a mgnificently sliver beast. A shame to bloody this beautiful creature, but no matter.

"It begins. The tragec story of a freak. And that's the end. Mwa ha ha ha!" Kuja said, sneering.

Raziel launched a projectile at Kuja. The dragon flew upwards to avoid it. It blow chunks out of the wall behind Kuja. All the large stone pieces flew at Kuja. He didn't notice(it is behind him afterall and he's concentrating on Raziel) them.

"AH!!!" he yelled.

The dragon instinctively turn tail and fled. Raziel pursued it. He let lose a Fire Glyph. The giant flames flew at the dragon. It heard the flames and began showing it's aerobatic skills. Unfortuanately, it still wasn't fast enough. Hurt, it flew lower.

Raziel climbed the wall and let lose with another Force Projectile.ound, wounded but not dead. Kuja had flown off the beast just in time.

Raziel using his wings slowed his fall. He walked over to the beast and with on quck strike of the Fire Reaver, it's life is brought to a sudden end.

Kuja was ready. He used Flare Star. The balls of energy exploded on his body. He was staggered but he still had the Fire Glyph. He launched a Fire Force Projectile at Kuja. He burst flew to the left and avoided it.

Too bad for Kuja that Raziel was using TK again. The giant stone piece was jagged and flew into Kuja like a knife. He groaned. He floated to the floor and removed the stone piece. All this time, Raziel had switched to the Water Reaver. He calmly walked to the ice sculpture that was Kuja. He slowly switched to the Earth Reaver.

With one quick motion, he brought it down on Kuja's head. One of the following things occured, because I don't know what happens to Raziel's frozen victims when he hits them.

A) He exploded into pieces.
B) He unfroze and fell to the ground dead with a deep dent in his head.

RAZIEL WINS
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-02-24, 11:36 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "If i remember correctly, raziel brought..."
Sovereign said:
If i remember correctly, raziel brought this up in a previous battle. Raziel LOSES when forced to go into the spectral realm. So flying through walls and regenerating hp instantaiously wont happen.
Raziel loses when forced to go into Spectral. He can go in of his own free will and still continue the fight. Not allowing him to use his Spectral Shift at all would be like not allowing Mega Man to use his gun arm.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-02-24, 11:58 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Raziel loses when forced to go into..."
Kind of what I said. He can do it at will.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-02-25, 12:03 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Kind of what I said. He can do it at..."
Ugh i give up. Time to start digging kuja's grave.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign