Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Question Chrono Cross
Posted 2003-12-12, 04:32 PM
Well, i played this game a little about 2 months ago. Actualy, it was so short that it was more to check a little what it looked like then actual playing. So i was wondering what ppl were thinking about a little of everything on this game.

How much would you give to these aspect of the game ?(On 10)

Graphik: ?
Music: ?
FMV: ? (Is there any?)
Plot Story: ?
Character Story: ?
Side Quest: ?
Game Difficulty: ?
Combat System: ?
Fun level: ?

About how many hours does it take without any guide, help or anything to finish the game the first time?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-12-12, 08:53 PM in reply to Kuja's post "Chrono Cross"
Kuja said:
Well, i played this game a little about 2 months ago. Actualy, it was so short that it was more to check a little what it looked like then actual playing. So i was wondering what ppl were thinking about a little of everything on this game.

About how many hours does it take without any guide, help or anything to finish the game the first time?
Graphik: 7
Music: 11/10
FMV: 9
Plot Story: 10
Character Story: 10
Side Quest: 3
Game Difficulty: 4 on normal, 7 on New Game+
Combat System: 9.5
Fun level: 10

I love this game. And all scores based on a scale of 1-10, 1 being the worst (or easiest), or 10 being the best (or hardest)

Last edited by KagomJack; 2003-12-12 at 08:56 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2003-12-12, 08:58 PM in reply to Kuja's post "Chrono Cross"
Isnt New Game+ like in chrono trigger where you can start at the begening with high level and plenty of strong stuff ? If so, why would it be harder ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-12-12, 10:24 PM in reply to Kuja's post "Chrono Cross"
no, your back at level 1, all major or important items are gone and you have to get all the characters back. But other then that you have all the items, elements, etc. AND you can fight Slash, Flea, and Ozzy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2003-12-14, 07:47 AM in reply to Kuja's post "Chrono Cross"
Kuja said:

Graphics - 8
Music - 10 (I ABSOLUTELY love Scars of Time!)
FMV - 9 (not up to par with FF FMV's...;; )
Plot/Story - 7
Character Story - 9
Side Quest - 8 (I only got to drop on them accidentally when I was kind of bored roaming the world)
Game Difficulty - 4 (the only hair-raising thing in this game is when you get to fight Dario and you die immediately as soon as he casts Conducta (or was it Thunda?!) Rod at you!)
Combat System - 10
Fun Level - 10

I basically have all my characters level up to their maximum stars and have them upgraded to their best weapons (if allowed) and have them learn their Final Element skills and it takes me quite a LONG time to get it all (I play 2-3 hours a day, at 2-3 times a week) = more or less, around 30+ hours. I only use a guide when I needed to grab some of my characters' Final Element skills.

"And then there was...YAMI!" (;; no connection whatsoever but yeah he looked really Pharaonic in this.....)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg omae o korosu.jpg (23.5 KB, 18 views)
Life is short.
Let's all grab a BEER~~~!!!

Last edited by Cerridwen; 2003-12-14 at 07:57 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Cerridwen is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCerridwen is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Cerridwen

Posted 2003-12-14, 10:24 AM in reply to Kuja's post "Chrono Cross"
yeah, CC is teh 0wn
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2003-12-14, 09:48 PM in reply to Kuja's post "Chrono Cross"
Dude, Jack what the hell are you talking about? New Game + starts you with exactly the same stats, elements and weapons you finished the game with, therefore it is much, much easier. The only things that you no longer have are the Chrono Cross, final summons, Mastermune and all of the Level 7 Techniques.

KagomJack said:
no, your back at level 1
There are no character levels in the game. Character stats all go up individually after beating stronger enemies. Your stats stay exactly the same when you start a New Game +.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-12-14, 10:26 PM in reply to Kuja's post "Chrono Cross"
About stats raising.
Is the raise smaller or bigger depending on how strong the enemy is ?
Are the stats that raise based on the type of char they are or based on the action taken during combat ?
If i beat several time a small monster will i stop gaining stats point ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-12-14, 11:48 PM in reply to Kuja's post "Chrono Cross"
It depends on the difficulty of the enemies you defeat. If you fight the same enemies over and over, yes, you will eventually stop getting stat boosts. Chrono Cross is a game where you honestly don't have to spend a lot of time leveling up. You can just go through the game at a regular pace and not have to worry about wandering around gaining experience.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-12-16, 09:14 AM in reply to Kuja's post "Chrono Cross"
I haven't played the New Game+ because our PS bogged down. TT_TT Who are Slash, Flea, and Ozzy?
Life is short.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Cerridwen is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCerridwen is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Cerridwen

Posted 2003-12-16, 09:51 AM in reply to Kuja's post "Chrono Cross"
Slash, Flea, and Ozzy are characters from Chrono Trigger, they put them in CC for kicks I bet xD

Heh... Ozzy pants......
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2003-12-16, 07:36 PM in reply to Kuja's post "Chrono Cross"
Raziel said:
Dude, Jack what the hell are you talking about? New Game + starts you with exactly the same stats, elements and weapons you finished the game with, therefore it is much, much easier. The only things that you no longer have are the Chrono Cross, final summons, Mastermune and all of the Level 7 Techniques.

KagomJack said:
no, your back at level 1
There are no character levels in the game. Character stats all go up individually after beating stronger enemies. Your stats stay exactly the same when you start a New Game +.
dude, cut me some slack. I forgot.

At that time i was heavily medicated!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2003-12-16, 11:18 PM in reply to Kuja's post "Chrono Cross"
If I remember correctly, Tai, if you beat those three in Chrono Cross you get the Slasher, Flea Vest and Ozzie Pants again.

Kagom Jack said:
dude, cut me some slack. I forgot.

At that time i was heavily medicated!
Yeah, sorry about that, at the time I was heavily irritable.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2003-12-22, 07:09 AM in reply to Kuja's post "Chrono Cross"
Where exactly would you see those guys hanging out?
Life is short.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Cerridwen