Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

View Poll Results: What is your favorite FF game?
Final Fantasy 1 (I) 2 5.71%
Final Fantasy 2 (II) 1 2.86%
Final Fantasy 3 (III) 7 20.00%
Final Fantasy 4 (IV) 0 0%
Final Fantasy 5 (V) 0 0%
Final Fantasy 6 (VI) Japanese version of 3 1 2.86%
Final Fantasy 7 (VII) 9 25.71%
Final Fantasy 8 (VIII) 2 5.71%
Final Fantasy 9 (IX) 5 14.29%
Final Fantasy 10 (X) 8 22.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Best FF Game?
Posted 2002-02-02, 10:18 PM
What is your favorite FF game?

Note: I'm not sure how many of these were only released in Japan..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2002-02-02, 10:21 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Best FF Game?"
FF6 is the Japanese version of FF3 for instance.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-02-02, 10:22 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Best FF Game?"
Oops
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2002-02-02, 10:24 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Best FF Game?"
Look who edited the poll.
Either way, I'm sure atleast 2 more "match" each other, but I can't remember. It doesn't matter either way though, since they're the same games.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Best of ALL time.
Posted 2002-02-02, 10:26 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Best FF Game?"
FF7 has got to be my choice because of the Storyline. The graphics aren't worth a flip but they are made up by a very active story. The Final Fantasy series has dragged me in and will never let go.

-----
Quote:
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
X2D is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenX2D is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

X2D

Posted 2002-02-02, 10:31 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Best FF Game?"
The storyline happens to be way better in FF3, even though it's graphics sucks. I also like the FF3 theme song more aswell than the FF7 one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Music
Posted 2002-02-02, 11:16 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Best FF Game?"
Gameplay isn't based on music sir.

-----
Quote:
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
X2D is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenX2D is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

X2D

Posted 2002-02-03, 11:51 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Best FF Game?"
Fine then, the gameplay is better in FF3, cause you have 4 chars, leeter attacks, and the battles go really fast (don't mention FF9 please ).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-02-11, 06:42 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Best FF Game?"
Never really liked ff9 at all ffVII was my favorite but i never played 6.
w.w.w.E.l.i.t.e.G.N.n.e.t
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dreamgun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendreamgun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dreamgun

Posted 2002-02-12, 02:37 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Best FF Game?"
Everyone tends to call it FF6 for some reason. I prefer to call it FF3, since that's the English version.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2003-05-18, 11:31 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Best FF Game?"
no, the english and japanese version is called FFVI (6). The Americans stupidly called it III(3) which was already a game. Because of that stupid mistake they made everyone is always confused about what final fantasy you are talking about
________
extreme vaporizer

Last edited by Cecil; 2011-01-19 at 05:54 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Cecil is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCecil is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Cecil

Posted 2003-05-18, 11:44 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Best FF Game?"
I am really surprised that sooo many people voted for FF10.

And the voting...people voted for the Nintendo version FF3?

But Cecil,
Welcome to Zelaron~ (Nice thread digging.)

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-05-20, 07:14 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Best FF Game?"
how are you all doin~ WOOTAH, I GOT DEMODED?!?!?!??!! not that it surprises me hehe, but anyways, I just came by to check what happened to the forum, lots of changes i must say.. lots of new memebers too, congrats Chruser. Okay, now to the point. FF9 OWNS ALL... then the FF7 comes in and then my third is FF3... the others, I couldn't really care less.

Oh yeah, Xenn, thanks for the offer on remodding but I won't be able to be active everyday so I'll decline for now... especially when all my majors are all crammed up this leftover May and all the way through June... God I can't wait till summer vac.. well, good to see you all, LATA!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
I)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenI)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2003-05-20, 07:27 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Best FF Game?"
Cecil said:
no, the english and japanese version is called FFVI (6). The Americans stupidly called it III(3) which was already a game. Because of that stupid mistake they made everyone is always confused about what final fantasy you are talking about
Um.. it was the.... *dum dum dum* third FF on SNES released in America. Thus, it was FF3. Yes, a third Final Fantasy had been released already, but not in America, so I don't see any problem in referring to it.

On the internet, I've taken to calling it FF6 because there are people who have played it as FF6, but with my buddies, it's FF3, because all of us live in AMERICA.

Also
Chruser said:
The storyline happens to be way better in FF3, even though it's graphics sucks. I also like the FF3 theme song more aswell than the FF7 one.
Bravo. FF6 has best storyline, characters, and music.

Chruser said:
Look who edited the poll.
Either way, I'm sure atleast 2 more "match" each other, but I can't remember. It doesn't matter either way though, since they're the same games.
FF4 Jap = FF2 America
FF6 Jap = FF3 America

The first FF in America on SNES was Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-05-21, 07:39 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Best FF Game?"
Medieval Bob said:
FF4 Jap = FF2 America
But I have NA releases of FF2 and FF4 and they are completely different...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-05-21, 08:18 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Best FF Game?"
Don't know exactly what yo u're referring to, but FF2 America is exactly like FF4 Jap neglecting some dialogue changes.

There is a FF2 Jap that wasn't released in America that is obviously different.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-05-21, 11:55 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Best FF Game?"
Medieval Bob said:
There is a FF2 Jap that wasn't released in America that is obviously different.
Except that FF Origins includes the Jap FF2 now translated
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-05-21, 03:02 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Best FF Game?"
Fine. FF2 Jap has never been previously released in America. At the time that FF4 Jap was released in America in English, it was the second one on SNES, therefore, adeptly named FF2.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-05-21, 03:03 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Best FF Game?"
FF7 was great, I also liked 10, though. The characters in 10 were cool
-Scorpicore
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Scorpicore is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenScorpicore is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Scorpicore

Posted 2003-05-22, 04:53 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Best FF Game?"
I really wish that people would get used to referring to the Final Fantasy games by their correct titles. FF3 on SNES is not called FF3 anymore. It's titled FF6. FF2 on SNES is not called FF2 anymore. It's titled FF4. When people learn to simply call the games by their correct titles, all of this confusion will cease to be a problem.

FF9 was the best in the series. Best characters, best plot, best art direction, best villain. It blew everything else in the series away.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel