Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Post Favorite Anime series
Posted 2003-12-01, 02:19 PM
I think my fav would have to be hellsing. Good story, great animation, violent, nothing can beat it imho.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-01, 02:28 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Favorite Anime series"
I would have to say either Trigun, or Inuyasha(sp?) or even Dragon Ball GT. They are all rather good and have great story lines great art which is one of my favorite things (art), and they are all hella violent. Never seen hellsing so i dont know if mine compare to it or not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2003-12-01, 02:36 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Favorite Anime series"
You have no idea what you are missing!!!! its great and i think a new season should be coming to america soon. Definitly worth checking it out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-01, 04:17 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Favorite Anime series"
~Krayzie-Bone~ said:
I would have to say either Trigun, or Inuyasha(sp?) or even Dragon Ball GT. They are all rather good and have great story lines great art which is one of my favorite things (art), and they are all hella violent. Never seen hellsing so i dont know if mine compare to it or not.
Those are indeed good series', although, you'd have to watched them with subtitles in order to truly appreciate them. Damned American subs. DBGT is totally trashed in the american version. :sob:

But I also like the Original Dragonball series. It does have a good storyline IMHO, and isn't at all that childish (even if it may have some childish humor). Other Animes I'm fond of are Rurouni Kenshin, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, and Weiss Kreuz. There are others, but this is enough.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2003-12-01, 04:53 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Favorite Anime series"
cowboy bebop, thats the name of that damned show.. forgot the name :\ Once saw an episode where they all tripped on shroomz @_@ that was some funny shit!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2003-12-01, 08:04 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Favorite Anime series"
Hmm, probably Great Teacher Onizuka. Few shows mix comedy and drama so well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-12-01, 08:42 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Favorite Anime series"
I also like Ranma 1/2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2003-12-01, 08:45 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Favorite Anime series"
Id have to agree wiht RS. Great Teacher Onizuka is one of the most kick ass comedy anime's that i have ever, EVER seen in my life.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-02, 09:48 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Favorite Anime series"
Jessifer said:
I also like Ranma 1/2.
I saw about 20 episodes of Ranma 1/2.Have you or anyone else here seen Naruto?I haven't seen it yet but on December 12th I am going to get to see it at anime club at my college.I like the manga a lot so I know I will like the anime.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2003-12-02, 10:23 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Favorite Anime series"
I really like .hack . I'm really not sure why. I like Ranma, but the whole thing with Ranma and what's her face denying that they like each other dragging on forever gets on my nerves. I hear that several seasons later, they're still that way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-12-02, 10:45 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Favorite Anime series"
I love .hack too. I just forgot to list it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2003-12-02, 12:16 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Favorite Anime series"
WetWired said:
I really like .hack . I'm really not sure why. I like Ranma, but the whole thing with Ranma and what's her face denying that they like each other dragging on forever gets on my nerves. I hear that several seasons later, they're still that way.
her name is Akane
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2003-12-02, 02:19 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Favorite Anime series"
My fav anime series is Yu yu hakusho. My fav character in that is Yuskae he is the shit.
Your next
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
rusher657 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenrusher657 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

rusher657

Posted 2003-12-02, 02:27 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Favorite Anime series"
I herd kenshin was good. I havent personally seen it yet. Should i?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-02, 05:52 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Favorite Anime series"
Kenshin for me.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-12-02, 07:26 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Favorite Anime series"
Dragon Ball Gt is pretty good, Gundam Wing was kool(i like the mechs and badass attitudes),There was another one that had mech like things and the main character was a prince but i can't remember wut it is called.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2003-12-02, 07:26 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Favorite Anime series"
Im wondering, would any old Transformers episodes be considred anime? I catn remember much of them, but i think they were. Nto sure Y_Y
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-02, 08:21 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Favorite Anime series"
Sovereign said:
I herd kenshin was good. I havent personally seen it yet. Should i?
Watch it until the end of the Kyoto story arc. Unfortunately, it slowly declines after that. Sony basically took control of the show away from the manga writer at that point.

And Transformers wasn't an anime. It was actually an American imitation of some old Japanese anime.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-12-02, 08:23 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Favorite Anime series"
What about boogiepop phantom. My friend is obsessed about that series. never seen it pesonally. Might go out and buy it or rent it. Akira was good though. Albeit it wasnt a series.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-02, 08:54 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Favorite Anime series"
I've heard a lot of good things about Boogie Pop, but don't go in expecting comedy. There's obsolutely none in the show.

It's more of a dark drama/action show than anything.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rurouni Storm