Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post number of sockets?
Posted 2003-11-24, 07:10 PM
can war axes have 6 sockets? if not can you list some one handed weapons that can have 6 sockets.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2003-11-24, 07:12 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "number of sockets?"
is there n e 1 hand weapons w/ 6 sockets the othing thing ive ever seen with 6 sockets is a collosus sword maybe i havnt seen one b/c i havnt been lookin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Farting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFarting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Farting_Pumpkin

Posted 2003-11-24, 07:20 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "number of sockets?"
Crow bills, are probably the best choice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-11-24, 07:21 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "number of sockets?"
like crystal swords and phase blades and other 1 handed weapons like zerker axes i know can have 6 sockets but i dont know about war axes
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2003-11-24, 07:24 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "number of sockets?"
War Spike
30-48 Dmg
26 Durability
Str Req: 133
Dex Req: 54
Item Level: 67
Clvl Req: 59 D2 Sockets: 3
D2X Sockets: 1-6
Range: 2
Dmg Bonus: 100 Str
Inv Size: 2x3
150% damage vs. Demons* Weapon Speed: -10
Swing Speed:
Very Fast: As/P
Fast: Am/B/D/N/S

Berserker Axe
24-71 Dmg
26 Durability
Str Req: 138
Dex Req: 59
Item Level: 71
Clvl Req: 63 D2 Sockets: 3
D2X Sockets: 1-6
Range: 3
Dmg Bonus: 100 Str
Inv Size: 2x3
150% damage vs. Demons* Weapon Speed: 0
Swing Speed:
Fast: Am/As/B/D/N/P
Normal: S

Taken from diabloii.net
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-11-24, 07:30 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "number of sockets?"
Military Pick, War Axe and Crystal Sword are the only normal 1 handed weapon that can have 6 socket.

For 1 handed exceptional is: Crowbill, Naga and Dimensional Blade.

Elite 1 handed is: War Spike, Berserker Axe and Phase Blade.

Last edited by Kuja; 2003-11-24 at 07:35 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-24, 07:50 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "number of sockets?"
hell yeah so that means that since i found a war axe if i use the socket quest ill get 6 sockets right kuja?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2003-11-24, 07:54 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "number of sockets?"
Reward: After Shenk is dead, when you next return to town Larzuk will offer to add a socket(s) to an item, and will discount his prices to you. The socketing quest is just like the imbue quest in Act One, you can wait and do it as much later as you want to, and it will remain an option when you click Larzuk until you use it.

The quest adds the maximum number of sockets possible to the item you choose to socket. You can only use this quest reward once on a given item.

Sockets added:

Normal Items - From 1-6, the max allowed for that particular item. Check our Items section for the exact number for every type of armor and weapon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-11-24, 09:30 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "number of sockets?"
Normal item = Max socket.
Magic item = 1-2 Socket.
Crafted/Rare/Set/Unique = 1 socket.
So your War Axe should get 6 socket if it's a normal item.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-24, 11:08 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "number of sockets?"
if it takes up 6 slots i always thought it could have 6 sockets
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2003-11-24, 11:22 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "number of sockets?"
That's not true.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-11-24, 11:25 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "number of sockets?"
well i mean for normal weapons with no mods
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2003-11-25, 11:27 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "number of sockets?"
look up rune recipies you dont have to use your quests
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zman

Posted 2003-11-26, 09:36 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "number of sockets?"
Kuja said:
Normal item = Max socket.
Magic item = 1-2 Socket.
Crafted/Rare/Set/Unique = 1 socket.
So your War Axe should get 6 socket if it's a normal item.
I just tested it. (In Normal)
The socket you get from the socket quest will not always be the max. possible. I got 4 sockets on my military pick.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia