Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post Thesaurus.com Glitch
Posted 2003-11-12, 03:06 PM
Its a tad bit odd, atleast I thought so. BUt click this link :

http://thesaurus.reference.com/searc...lles%27%20heel

See if you get an odd number like : 5869898819461059040 entries found for achilles\' heel.

Was doing some work, and accidently typoed. When I hit enter, I got 65356 - recognizing that number, I hit it again, and again, and started getting really wierd numbers lol.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2003-11-12, 03:21 PM in reply to Tai's post "Thesaurus.com Glitch"
Isn't 65356 a common number? Something like the number of ports there are or something?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-11-12, 03:26 PM in reply to Tai's post "Thesaurus.com Glitch"
Yeah K_A, something about that number rings a bell.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2003-11-12, 03:57 PM in reply to Tai's post "Thesaurus.com Glitch"
I got that number once, al lthe other times were numbers anywhere from stuff like 12 to 594734037367239376549309. It's a digital number, like 64, 255 (or 256), etc. do the math high enough and it'll reach 65355 or 65356. I think the 1 digit difference has somethin to do with it being software or hardware based D:

Edit : Look down at WW's post, he explains it much better then I could.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.

Last edited by Tai; 2003-11-12 at 05:38 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2003-11-12, 03:58 PM in reply to Tai's post "Thesaurus.com Glitch"
I always thought there were 65535 ports.. Or maybe it was 65355.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-11-12, 04:22 PM in reply to Tai's post "Thesaurus.com Glitch"
7310026594505745509 entries found for achilles\' heel.

Okay, that's just wierd...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2003-11-12, 04:23 PM in reply to Tai's post "Thesaurus.com Glitch"
Quote:
I always thought there were 65535 ports.. Or maybe it was 65355.
No, it's 65535. 65536 is 2^16, and thus 1 higher than the upper bound for 16 bit (WORD) sized numbers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-11-12, 04:24 PM in reply to Tai's post "Thesaurus.com Glitch"
Thanks for blowing my mind WW!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-11-12, 05:55 PM in reply to Tai's post "Thesaurus.com Glitch"
i got 17 entries

it goes back 2 programming...16 bits in a word

each bit can be a 1 or a 0...2 possibilities

if u take the 2 to the 16th power (number of possibilities to the power of # of bits) you get however many #'s u can make

its 65535 instead of 65536 because 0 counts as a number
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-11-12, 06:41 PM in reply to Tai's post "Thesaurus.com Glitch"
So there's 65535 ways to arrange 8 numbers consisting of 1's and 0's?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-11-12, 06:46 PM in reply to Tai's post "Thesaurus.com Glitch"
It is the \' that does it, just type that part in and it will go crazy.
-Mess with the best, Die like the rest-
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
icesage is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenicesage is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

icesage

Posted 2003-11-12, 06:55 PM in reply to Tai's post "Thesaurus.com Glitch"
!King_Amazon! said:
So there's 65536 ways to arrange 8 numbers consisting of 1's and 0's?
no...256 different ways to arrange 8 numbers...65535 to arrange 16 numbers

numbers dont come in 8 bit words nemore though...they'll usually at least be 16 bits

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2003-11-12 at 07:10 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-11-12, 07:07 PM in reply to Tai's post "Thesaurus.com Glitch"
Mine said 114 three times in a row and then it told me there were no entries and asked me if I meant achilles heel.

Il papa caca nei legno?

Last edited by RoboticSilence; 2003-11-12 at 07:12 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-11-12, 07:07 PM in reply to Tai's post "Thesaurus.com Glitch"

Yeah. All of those numbers. They're giving me a headache. x.x

*honours teh bunny* Rest In Peace.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2003-11-12, 07:12 PM in reply to Tai's post "Thesaurus.com Glitch"
After a bit of resending, I got this:

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-11-12, 07:20 PM in reply to Tai's post "Thesaurus.com Glitch"
lol...me2 after resending

7093861428799676460 entries found for achilles\' heel.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-11-13, 12:18 AM in reply to Tai's post "Thesaurus.com Glitch"
icesage said:
It is the \' that does it, just type that part in and it will go crazy.
I kinda figured that, but it was just more humorous to include the achilles heel. lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tai

Posted 2003-11-13, 09:33 AM in reply to Tai's post "Thesaurus.com Glitch"
mjordan2nd said:
no...256 different ways to arrange 8 numbers...65535 to arrange 16 numbers
Quote:
numbers dont come in 8 bit words nemore though
You, sir, are ignorant.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-11-13, 02:55 PM in reply to Tai's post "Thesaurus.com Glitch"
the most entries i got was 307
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RaZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RaZ

Posted 2003-11-13, 03:03 PM in reply to Tai's post "Thesaurus.com Glitch"
"WetWired said:
You, sir, are ignorant.
lol...whatd i say wrong

jeezus...so mean..lol...just trying 2 help..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes