Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Post Best main stream movie of the year... (so far)
Posted 2003-11-11, 04:45 PM
Of course this and the corresponding thread will be done again at the end of the year, I just wanna see what you guys are thinking as of now...

In my personal opinion, the best movie so far is "The Pirates of the Carribean." for multiple reasons. The first reason is the excellent job of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. The second reason is how entertaining it was. The pirate setting and all of the quick Dumas-esque action was outstanding. I can't say that I didn't love this Disney movie. That brings me to my third reason, it was a Disney movie. This is probably one of their few and best attempts at a PG-13 movie (please make me aware of any others), and they did a great job.

I know, I know, I picked an action comedy. But this isn't the f' in Academy, it's the Zelaron Choice Awards (I guess).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2003-11-11, 04:51 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Best main stream movie of the year......"
I know a bunch of ones like Reloaded, Scary Movie 3 and some others. I can't remember them all but I have a bunch of others.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-11-11, 05:36 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Best main stream movie of the year......"
OMG! You though Reloaded was one of the best movies of the year and that Revolutions sucked?!?!?! That is the most sick thing pertaining to the series I have ever heard of. Reloaded was filled with CGI Neo action, that was TERRIBLE. It did have a great chase scene, but that wasn't even as good as the Zion defense scene, but action scenes do NOT constitue a movie of the year, whatsoever.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2003-11-11, 05:42 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Best main stream movie of the year......"
Pirates of the Carribean was a good movie, yes, but it was played out too long. You could obviously tell where the movie was going, so end it sooner. 2 hours 30 mins = not reasonable for a Disney movie when you know what's gonna happen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2003-11-11, 05:48 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Best main stream movie of the year......"
Finding Nemo, well, I personally haven't seen it cuz it looked childish, but those son of a bitches at pixar supposively did a good job, its sold so many copies and sold out movie theaters around the country.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2003-11-11, 05:56 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Best main stream movie of the year......"
Yeah, I haven't seen it either. But I want to now because of all the positive reviews/ratings.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2003-11-11, 06:33 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Best main stream movie of the year......"
Yes, I was going to say that actually too d3v, but I thought I would get laughed out of the thread . It was pretty good, I saw it with my little brother and my mom... (awww..)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penny_Bags

Posted 2003-11-11, 06:42 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Best main stream movie of the year......"
Reloaded at least followed the story.

Maybe Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-11-11, 07:15 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Best main stream movie of the year......"
reloaded deffinetly, scary movie 3

i saw finding nemo...i didn't c what the hype was for that movie. It wasn't newhere close to the best disney movie imo. I think that earns a spot down with lion king 2 .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-11-11, 07:23 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Best main stream movie of the year......"
Yeah Nemo was a bust.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-11-11, 08:12 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Best main stream movie of the year......"
Pirates of the Carribean for sure. Both Matrix sequels were overhyped IMO.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-11-11, 08:59 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Best main stream movie of the year......"
mjordan2nd said:
reloaded deffinetly, scary movie 3

i saw finding nemo...i didn't c what the hype was for that movie. It wasn't newhere close to the best disney movie imo. I think that earns a spot down with lion king 2 .
Don't think of Finding Nemo as a Disney movie... think of it as a Pixar movie. They did all the work.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-11-11, 09:06 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Best main stream movie of the year......"
Id have to say kill bill. but i rarely watch movies so i guess i have very little say on this subject.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-11-11, 09:11 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Best main stream movie of the year......"
Yeah... I personally thought Kill Bill was excellent... but I don't really want to count it because it is two parts.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-11-12, 10:05 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Best main stream movie of the year......"
Parates I did not see. Was it REALLY GOOD?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-11-12, 10:14 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Best main stream movie of the year......"
Ya Pirates was good. There were some damn funny parts. My favorite was Sparrow's first entrance.

Also, since LOTR:TROTK will be out before Christmas, I feel it is imperitive to list it here as well. No, it's not out yet. No, I haven't seen it. Yes, it is (one of?) the best main stream movie(s) of the year.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-11-12, 04:34 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Best main stream movie of the year......"
Texas Chainsaw Masacre. hNot scary but nice and gory.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-11-13, 08:16 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Best main stream movie of the year......"
Texas Chainsaw Massacre sucked huge squirrel testicles. I wasn't even scared.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2003-11-14, 11:46 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Best main stream movie of the year......"
I said not scary!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-11-15, 01:58 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Best main stream movie of the year......"
Hell, I don't personally see what is so great about seeing someone's innards spewed all over the screen. It doesn't do anything for me, unless it is appropriate.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin