Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Post what do YOU suggest?
Posted 2003-10-26, 09:22 PM
Well, im kinda confused right now, but i want to start making bodies and heads, but i cant find good tutorials that actually tell how, ive been working with lightwave, all i can make is a plate and a bowl. anway, i need to do this for a project im doing with my friend, we're both gonna do dark basic coding and im gonna do 3d modelling, so what should i do, 3d max, maya, or stick with lightwave?, and the tutorials i need show me when to bevel or when to extrude, not just show the head and not the tab's. anyway, whats good for a unl337 nub for modelling?
thanks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BA-ZabreclanX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBA-ZabreclanX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BA-ZabreclanX

Posted 2003-10-26, 09:48 PM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "what do YOU suggest?"
There are many tools for modelling... Even the most basic package usually offers enough tools for you to model just about anything, so find one that has a workflow to your liking and stick to it. If you're a noob you should especially avoid package hopping. I find polygon modelling giving me the best result and control over my models and I just generally like the working with polygons But if you would give me more info on this project I can help you further.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-27, 04:37 AM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "what do YOU suggest?"
Randuin... You gotta do somthing to that sig cause it's getting worse. Can't even see the face.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
The1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenThe1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

The1

Posted 2003-10-27, 04:54 AM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "what do YOU suggest?"
I see a red x, but that's PM worthy and throwing this thread off topic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-27, 06:20 AM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "what do YOU suggest?"
King love ur sig :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
The1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenThe1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

The1

Posted 2003-10-27, 08:12 AM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "what do YOU suggest?"
Don't make me trash this good thread, god damn shockwave, cease your senseless spamming, save it for the chat room.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-27, 11:54 AM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "what do YOU suggest?"
Well... what is the best program... what do you soppose i work with..? and some good tutorials, i went to the tutorial list... not good ones for making bodies and heads....
thanks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BA-ZabreclanX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBA-ZabreclanX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BA-ZabreclanX

Posted 2003-10-27, 09:35 PM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "what do YOU suggest?"
I can assure you that there is no tutorials for making bodies and heads... If you are looking into character modelling, there IS no best program, I can't stress this enough, it's not the tool, it's the artist. I don't care what you work with. As for the bodies and heads I suggest you get very familiar with modelling in general, and venture on your own, so far I have yet to see a good complete character modelling tutorial.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-28, 06:42 AM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "what do YOU suggest?"
Randuin said:
I can assure you that there is no tutorials for making bodies and heads...
What about http://www.flay.com/text/tutorial/hu...eadsubdiv1.htm? Also, the Inside LightWave books (6, 7 or beyond) have a really good character modeling tutorial inside. It's about 1100 pages of fun if you're planning to stick to LightWave for a while. Highly recommended!
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-10-28, 05:15 PM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "what do YOU suggest?"
Chruser - That tutorial isn't NEARLY detailed enough for a complete newbie.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-28, 06:12 PM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "what do YOU suggest?"
well i can make a plate... and a finger + nail... newtek tutorials are nice but they dont have face modellin' tutorials
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BA-ZabreclanX

Posted 2003-10-29, 08:29 AM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "what do YOU suggest?"
anyway, thx chruser and randuin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BA-ZabreclanX

Posted 2003-10-29, 06:54 PM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "what do YOU suggest?"
Your welcome but here's your warning

First time - Warning for posting about warez
Second time - Double post

I'll have to post about you in the activity report the next time I see anything out of line
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-29, 07:53 PM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "what do YOU suggest?"
??? what are you talkin about ???
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BA-ZabreclanX

Posted 2003-10-30, 06:18 AM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "what do YOU suggest?"
Randuin said:
Chruser - That tutorial isn't NEARLY detailed enough for a complete newbie.
Agreed, the website isn't exactly the most easy tutorial out there, although it works if the user has a simple understanding of all the tools (especially extend if you're a LightWave user). The book tutorial, however, goes through everything in detail, which is nice. Well, it goes through modeling a skyscraper, animation, texturing and stuff like that in the previous chapters.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser