Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

View Poll Results: Which is better, PS2 or Gamecube?
Gamecube 17 29.31%
PlayStation 2 41 70.69%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

PS2 Vs. Gamecube
Posted 2002-04-07, 08:24 PM
Which do you like better, and why?
[img]http://atlas.imagemagician.com/images/fury/furyultracopy.jpg
[/img]

http://www.gca-forums.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
FuRy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFuRy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

FuRy

Posted 2002-04-07, 10:49 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
Why? Obviously, Game3 is worse than PS2 since its games are not good(it is mainly for kids). I will give you a suggestion. If you want to buy a system for you "kidS" buy Game3, but if you want to enjoy games yourself, I suggest you to buy PS2!

Made by the Guardian Of Zelaron
Re-edit by the Nightmare of Demons

Made by the Demons' Nightmares
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HLomegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHLomegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

HLomegasin

Posted 2002-04-08, 01:24 AM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
I owned both systems at once and during the time gamecube had nothin on playstation2
1. ps2 games where better
2. gamecube was ugly and purple
3. no good games for gc yet
4. im biased towards ps2
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-04-08, 01:25 AM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
oh yeah and...
5. the poll says so
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-04-08, 10:23 AM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyTAE
I owned both systems at once and during the time gamecube had nothin on playstation2
1. ps2 games where better
2. gamecube was ugly and purple
3. no good games for gc yet
4. im biased towards ps2
it's kinda biased to have this poll in the PS2 forum. Then again, there's also one in the GC forum... there's no fact in 1-3
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2002-04-08, 02:31 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
yup yup yup PS2 is much better than any other systems

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HLomegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHLomegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

HLomegasin

Posted 2002-04-10, 02:33 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
You're kidding me, right? The Gamecube is much better than the PS2. If you think the Gamecube is only for kids, you must be really out of touch -- it has all the Resident Evil games now. All of them. That's six in total. Plus, there's Perfect Dark Zero, Die Hard, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime...
But then again, if you're still hung-up on the kiddy game issue, you probably wouldn't understand anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slime is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlime is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Slime

Posted 2002-04-10, 04:28 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
No man. I didn't say Game3 is bad or horrible. It has no match for PS2. Even though their Graphic is better, it still can't compare. However, I would say Game Cube is better than Xbox. (the worst system ever, it is a rip-off.) One thing I have to admit that Resident Evil remakes are sure going to be good

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HLomegasin

Posted 2002-04-11, 10:43 AM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
Yes, because the PS2 has so many AAA exclusive games to show for its long life. Ico, Virtual Fighter 4.... um...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slime is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlime is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Slime

Posted 2002-04-11, 08:54 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
Quote:
Originally posted by Slime
You're kidding me, right? The Gamecube is much better than the PS2. If you think the Gamecube is only for kids, you must be really out of touch -- it has all the Resident Evil games now. All of them. That's six in total. Plus, there's Perfect Dark Zero, Die Hard, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime...
But then again, if you're still hung-up on the kiddy game issue, you probably wouldn't understand anyway.
ooh, really? how about MGS, MGS2, FF6-10, the GTA series, ZOE, VF4, DVD support and playback and, oh yes, a hard drive come august.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2002-04-11, 09:25 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
Yes, both systems are phenominal, both have their ups and downs, (ie: controllers, graphics, etc) but the only debate where I live is X box. Damn that thing sucks!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-04-11, 09:54 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
Gamecube doesn't have a large enough library for me to make any judgments so far. But, PS2 has a rather large library, and in all honesty, I'm not impressed with the majority of it. I thought FFX was kind of a let down, I'm not really that excited about the Metal Gear series, and Gran Turismo just isn't my thing. Those are the three biggest franchises PS2 holds control of, and even that amount of ownership is slowly slipping away. The GameCube is just an easier system to code for, and Sony is going to have a problem hanging onto those titles for long. They made the same mistake that Nintendo made with the N64.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2002-04-12, 02:04 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
Quote:
ooh, really? how about MGS, MGS2, FF6-10, the GTA series, ZOE, VF4, DVD support and playback and, oh yes, a hard drive come august.
Umm... discounting games that weren't on other systems, you have MGS2, FFX, ZOE and VF4, although I suspect it won't be long before it gets ported. The DVD support is poor at best and the hard drive is a peripheral, and I'm not even convinced it'll be released outside Japan. MGS2 is fun when it actually lets you play, but it's hardly fantastic. GTA3 is coming to PC and ZOE is good, but not fantastic either. I think you lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slime

Posted 2002-04-12, 09:07 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
Slime, you don't know anything. the Network/Hard drive WILL be out on August. Watch the news you moron!

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HLomegasin

Posted 2002-04-13, 10:12 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
Quote:
Originally posted by Slime

Umm... discounting games that weren't on other systems, you have MGS2, FFX, ZOE and VF4, although I suspect it won't be long before it gets ported. The DVD support is poor at best and the hard drive is a peripheral, and I'm not even convinced it'll be released outside Japan. MGS2 is fun when it actually lets you play, but it's hardly fantastic. GTA3 is coming to PC and ZOE is good, but not fantastic either. I think you lose.
why dont PS games count? they play on ps2 dont they
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

mightychicken

Posted 2002-04-14, 06:54 AM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
Ps2 isn't that great really... Sure, it has more games... But its been out for a year longer than game cube. Plus as slime said, there is TONS of awesome future releases for GameCube. I mean come on guys, its Nintendo... The masters of gaming.
Ps2 has lots of games, and most of them are so horrible, its sick.
"I'm so happy, because today I found my friends... They're in my head..." ~ Kurt Cobain- Lithium

thanks to ask_raber for this sig!

Last edited by www.com; 2002-04-14 at 07:08 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
www.com is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwww.com is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

www.com

Posted 2002-04-14, 08:56 AM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
Quote:
Originally posted by www.com
Ps2 isn't that great really... Sure, it has more games... But its been out for a year longer than game cube. Plus as slime said, there is TONS of awesome future releases for GameCube. I mean come on guys, its Nintendo... The masters of gaming.
Ps2 has lots of games, and most of them are so horrible, its sick.
you have gone into no depth at all. please explin these "awesome features" and why nintendo is the masters of gaming.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

mightychicken

Posted 2002-04-14, 03:45 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
I said awesome Future releases, not Features.. Although it has plenty of excellent features now that you mention it. And the reason Nintendo is the "master" is because they have been making games since atari. They take their time making them. And if you want depth, go to www.ign.com or watch Tech TV
"I'm so happy, because today I found my friends... They're in my head..." ~ Kurt Cobain- Lithium

thanks to ask_raber for this sig!

Last edited by www.com; 2002-04-14 at 03:48 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
www.com is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwww.com is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

www.com

Posted 2002-04-14, 04:26 PM in reply to FuRy's post "PS2 Vs. Gamecube"
MY GOD, IGN SUCKS!!! ALL of the archive footage is restricted to pay members only now. ALL of it. If you want to look at screenshots from the first Tomb Raider on IGN, you have to pay for it. If you want to look at video from FFVIII, you have to pay for it. That f(BEEP)king worthless site COMPLETELY sold out. I wouldn't mind if all the newer stuff was pay only, but ALL of the archive footage??? How fucking weak is that?

Last edited by HLomegasin; 2002-04-15 at 04:52 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel