Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Lineage 2 beta screenshots
Posted 2003-08-03, 12:39 AM
Well you can tell my mind is in the gutter

Maybe I can get some better ones tommorow
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-08-03, 12:45 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Lineage 2 beta screenshots"
Man this look great !
Plz try getting more
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-08-03, 09:13 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Lineage 2 beta screenshots"
I never even heard of the game, why type is it? MMORPG?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-08-03, 09:47 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Lineage 2 beta screenshots"
And what is Xenn doing to Raab in that last pic?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-08-03, 11:00 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Lineage 2 beta screenshots"
Is this the Korean beta? Omg I wanna play!

BTW: Shouldn't this be in mmorpg forum? It needs an active thread anyways...

Last edited by uncapped; 2003-08-03 at 11:05 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-08-03, 11:52 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Lineage 2 beta screenshots"
Actually your right Uncapped, I'll move it.

It's a Korean beta, but I think they're going to have an American one at some point too, and you can set most of the menu text to be in English (and that includes items and monsters) so it's not that bad.

The game is a lot like Neverwinter nights meets Diablo 2.

Oh I almost forgot.. anyone can play.

http://www.c-blue.de/la2.html Just carefully follow the instructions there.

Last edited by Xenn; 2003-08-03 at 11:54 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-08-03, 12:23 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Lineage 2 beta screenshots"
Here my quick opinon on it. Its a great game, the only problem with it, is that.... its in korean... You cant really do any quests, understand most npcs, or read the main map. BUT as far as hack and slash go, its great. I dont get bored hunting like other games, the Sound effects play a huge role. You can hear an chasing someone to his death *THUMP THUMP THUMP* (eh chruser?). It does so much right to mmorpgs. I do see myself being more active in the AMERICAN/ENGLISH beta then this korean one because I'm afraid that if I play this one too much Ill get bored and I wont be able to hack and slash my way up to the same level when I join english beta. If english beta comes out theres no way or reason ill stay on korean beta ;p So I just dont wanna waste the fun factor that might eventully drain a bit...

As far as pvp/siege warfare/quests go, i have no experince in them due to the fact ITS ALL IN KOREAN RIGHT NOW. But im sure thats just as great as everything else. A bit more charecter customization would be nice, and the controls could be a bit easier but other then that, its great.

For those of you trying to try it now, its a pretty long download followed by an even larger patch so do it overnight.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2003-08-03, 12:49 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Lineage 2 beta screenshots"
A few more screenshots:

And here are the classes:

Last edited by Xenn; 2003-08-03 at 12:52 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Xenn

Posted 2003-08-03, 12:52 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Lineage 2 beta screenshots"
The graphics are so damn nice. I'll download it right now, I guess.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-08-03, 01:28 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Lineage 2 beta screenshots"
Yeah sure look like a great game !
Gonna burn a few cd to make space later and download it too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-08-03, 01:31 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Lineage 2 beta screenshots"
Here's my Dark Elf warrior characer:

Oh, by the way, it's an open beta for Koreans, but you can always follow the instructions on this page to participate in the beta yourself. All NPC dialogues are in Korean, although the menus, items and monsters are in English. So, follow the instructions on the page below, and make a character on server #1. Remember to play on server #1 as that's where most of the English-speaking Zelaroners are.

http://www.c-blue.de/la2.html
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-08-03, 02:02 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Lineage 2 beta screenshots"
Does anyone know whether my computer will be able to handle the beta?

Athlon XP 2200+
512 Ram
Radeon 9600 Pro
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

uncapped

Posted 2003-08-03, 03:12 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Lineage 2 beta screenshots"
On low settings absolutely, I dunno how well you'll be able to use the eye candy.

You kinda don't want to anyways, it has some weird crash-in-town bugs that seem to be more frequent when you have the gfx turned up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Xenn

Posted 2003-08-03, 03:49 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Lineage 2 beta screenshots"
Speaking of betas, anyone know of an upcoming WoW beta?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

uncapped

Posted 2003-08-03, 04:07 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Lineage 2 beta screenshots"
Can i run it on my pc?

1.6 Ghz processor
256mb RAM
TNT2 video card =(
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-08-03, 04:15 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Lineage 2 beta screenshots"
I run on 800x600 (small screen), everything on max, and it runs really well almsot all the time.

My system:
Athlon XP 1.4 ghz
256 mb ram
GeForce 2 MX-400

Trust me, you can run this game on bad systems, even far worse than mine.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-08-03, 04:41 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Lineage 2 beta screenshots"
Cool, then im downloading...it'll be done in 5 hours at 54kb/s

how do i find you guys in-game ocne i have it? my Accoutn name is "Mondain"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-08-03, 04:47 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Lineage 2 beta screenshots"
Anyone know how long this autoupdate is supposed to take? It's longer than the AO: Shadowlands one
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

uncapped

Posted 2003-08-03, 05:19 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Lineage 2 beta screenshots"
Hehe.. mine took 2-3 hours (don't remember), Chruser's took TEN hours, rabbers was a little shorter than mine, except it kept freezing so it actually took longer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Xenn

Posted 2003-08-03, 05:19 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Lineage 2 beta screenshots"
2-10 hours if you're on cable, depending on your speed and location. The update servers are really slow AND located in South Korea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser