Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

Hybrid Assassin Guide
Posted 2003-07-04, 11:30 PM
this, this is coming from my personal experiences and great dueling in gimmeitam ;;

*tip- swirly above a players/monsters head will result in them going into hit recovery animation if they are hit

before asigning skills go here so u get 7 fpa wit ur claw:
http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/...p?lang=english

==============first off STATS ==============

str = 156
dex = enough for the max block an ez way is to watch the def box and click 1 at a time til it hits 75% ezier on the brain for me atleast
vit = rest goes here
energy = base

EXPLANATION: The goal is to get enough strength without popping and wearing SS, then enough dex for 75% block which is needed for physical resistance = last longer in a duel, with all the remaining stat points u can use them as you please but i insist upon putting it into vit for more life as where i see no extra mana necessary for traps + MB u should be able to use the tactics below and leech some mana+life back, u may also put more into str for more damg if u wish to if u want to go MA sin (brute force way) but not too much but enough to take a few hits by that time u will hit them back therefore leeching that life back, but ill discuss MA below, again this ends up to be your preferance

==============EQUIPMENT-HYBRID==============
helm-shako -jah'ed | ed/max | um/cham rune*
ammy - cats eye | maras | highlords - depends if u wanna run faster or a bit more skills so i prefer cats eye due to more usefull mods
armor - shaft-jah'ed | ed/max | um/cham rune*
rings* - raven spiral and raven frost and for u easties use a dual leech ring dunno wut they are i think c grips are ur best
belt - tgods
boots - imp shanks | goreriders | Water Walks| dunno east boots but preferably 30frw + 20fhr (resist and stats make it much better)
gloves - loath grasps | ik gloves | blood fists | nice dual stat gloves
shield* - ss - um/cham rune | ed max]
weapon - if ur rich buy urself a gosu damg claw other wise use some bartucs preferably eth bartucs for bonuses + skills str20/dex20

*note by this u need only 1 CBF (cant be frozen <--very important) so mix and match to wut u like the best resist/damg if u are using cham in any equipment u can subsitute for a crafted ring caster / high LL ur preferance but id choose a caster exm storm loop for west

==============SKILL Placement==============
*max claw mastery - currently bugged for 100% chance of crit hit
*max shadow master
*MB(Mind Blast) u can max it if u want to, this or DF
*DF(dragon flight)u can max it if u want to, this or MB
*enough into BoS(Burst of speed) for 7 fpa's
*min of 5 into LS for range and stopping 2nd fhr bp runners
ONLY 1 into FoF(fists of fire)
1min into TS(tigerstrike)

max either WoF(wake of fire) OR LS(lighting sentry) IMPORTANT U ONLY NEEDA MAX 1!!! cuz ur not a trapper and wouldnt have enough to max the necessary skills, preferably to max WoF due to area of effect in case ur opponent is using 2nd bp fhr

* = necessity

CHARMS!!
40 - 3/20/20's if ur not rich use lots of + life sc's mainly

==============Conclusion + Tactics==============
diffculty rating: 1-5; 1=piece of cake, 2=meh ive seen better, 3=average a few mistakes ur okay make too many ur gone, 4=work out, , 5=DAM HARD
==========================================
this build allows ez 1.4 k life WITH OUT ANY CHARMS wit charms at lvl 90 u get around 2k life ez MAX dr block optimal life BUT LACKS "tanking" power i will explain:The GOAL of a hybrid is to stun lock with traps then get some claw'ing in

Pallys: traps + MB first b4 anything dont let him hit conviction on u, then stun lock him and go in for some clawing and u'll win.
Rating: 1-4 depending on subclass

Asn/Sin - same as above dont let them stun lock u!!! cuz they can do the same.
Rating:3.5 - 5 (other players skill factor affects this, and how much practice u've had)

sorc: place traps in good patters mainly around u if u have played hydra sorc and kno good place ment put them in a cluster like formation providing opt area coverage for stun locking
Rating:3.5 - 5 (other players skill factor affects this if the sorc is experienced gonna be 4.5 and up)

necro: kinda like sorcs but use a frontal formation as u should do for all melee
Rating:3.5 - 5 (other players skill factor affects this, if the necro is good its gonna be a 5)

barbs: gonna be tough but trap them try to stun them as much as possible try to claw them ONLY 2-3 times wit FoF then BACK OFF they can break stun lock ez (only experienced barbs) if not keep stunning and reapeat til u kill
Rating:5 any barb wit good resist and life will smother u(<---every barb has these O_o..;

druids - same tactic as barb, dont let them get in close to mual/fury u be like the zon trap away + mb then hit and run like a piss ant they can be brutal
Rating: 3.5 - 5 (again depends on YOUR ABILITY to stun lock)

zons - as u may have guessed they take special treatment proceed with caution lay some traps get the zon moving try to get the zon into stun lock then u can kill em, if they're hybrids treat em as a pally stun lock + FoF NOT TS
Rating:1 - 4.5 (do i need to explain this one??)

Theses are basic tatics for a trapper | hybrid asn/sin tatics and experiences shouldnt really be put in words but more of gaining experience to know how to deal wit all the various sub classes and variations of each class should be done in the blood moor

==============================================
MARTIAL ARTS (MA) setup i am appeniding to this and under construction
==============================================

--------------------------------EQUIPMENT-MA--------------------------------
helm - Vamp Gaze- 40/15max/ias*| cham*
armor -160/60max/ias PREFERABLY with a second mod fhr/life*
shield - SS- 40/15/max/ias | cham*
gloves - ik gloves | 20ias 6/3LL +2MA crafties if u can afford wit dual statsand + 2MA(gonna be expensive)
boots - imp shanks | war travs | Water Walks | gores*
belt - perf string aka SoE
ammy - Cat's eye | highlords | maras
rings - HIGH LL% with mods | raven frost*
claw - Cruel claws are nice | eth tucs can suffice | the best IMO is a ethreal cruel claw to use BUT MAKE SURE WITH ANY CLAW get 7fpa FoF cuz u cant compare being hit 2:1 times and being interuptable u will LOSE no matter what (legit senarios only)

*note by this u need only 1 CBF (cant be frozen <--very important)

*also that it is a necessity to enuff ias to get that vital 7fpa FoF if u want to stand a chance in any melee combat situation

--------------------------------STATS-MA--------------------------------
str = 156 (higher str = more damg and less vit)
dex = enough for the max block an ez way is to watch the def box and click 1 at a time til it hits 75% ezier on the brain for me atleast
vit = rest goes here
energy = base

in my experiences in pub duels(as well as private dueling) life is a big factor try to aim for 1.3k min life and ur pretty good, but if u wanna chase down hybrid zons i suggest going with the stats of a hybrid (see above) mana will be scarce and u wont regen it to stun lock so u will rely on a shadow master i will me more descriptive in tactics.

--------------------------------SKILLS-MA--------------------------------
*max claw mastery - currently bugged for 100% chance of crit hit
*max shadow master
*MAX TS(tigerstrike)
*enough into BoS(Burst of speed) for 7 fpa FoF
*ONLY 1 into FoF(fists of fire)
DF(dragon flight)u can max it if u want to, this or MB
MB(Mind Blast) u can max it if u want to, this or DF
LvL 1 WoF AND LS

* = necessity

WILL DO TACTICS LATER CUZ IM OUT ON THE MOORS!!!
possible sticky???

Last edited by blckshdwdragon; 2003-08-14 at 10:56 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2003-07-05, 03:10 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post "Hybrid Assassin Guide"
nice guide thanks for the contribution.

http://www.diabloii.net/characters/assassin/ias.shtml

that ias chart is a bit more useful.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Apoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenApoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Apoq

Posted 2003-07-17, 11:26 AM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post "Hybrid Assassin Guide"
Its a nice guide but assassins are hopeless ive never seen a good assassin that didnt use one of the damn bugged elemental skills so yea. get a better char is what i got to say pally/druid/barb/jabazon
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Zuberan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZuberan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Zuberan

Posted 2003-07-17, 12:26 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post "Hybrid Assassin Guide"
I have never seen a Barb without using Damn Bugged Mastery. A lot of Paladins use Eth runes, and who cares.

If the game allows it, then use it to your advantage. Well, in most situations of course.

By the way, Assassins aren't hopeless.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-07-19, 03:04 AM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post "Hybrid Assassin Guide"
Ive seen my fair share of DF purely owning sorcs/amazons...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-07-19, 03:08 AM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post "Hybrid Assassin Guide"
I've had asn's own me! That's w/ my legit sorc though, they went w/ the stun lock shit, I couldn't even tele!?...I don't know cause I've never made an asn past lvl 30...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2003-07-23, 02:14 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post "Hybrid Assassin Guide"
read my guide the main thing to keep in mind is mb + traps
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2003-07-30, 01:31 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post "Hybrid Assassin Guide"
Asns are very Versatile chars they can do just about anything traps/melee whatever you put them up to
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Zuberan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZuberan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Zuberan

Posted 2003-07-31, 12:43 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post "Hybrid Assassin Guide"
Zuberan said:
Asns are very Versatile chars they can do just about anything traps/melee whatever you put them up to
ummmm....

Zuberan said:
Its a nice guide but assassins are hopeless ive never seen a good assassin that didnt use one of the damn bugged elemental skills so yea. get a better char is what i got to say pally/druid/barb/jabazon
every class is verstile just using the best skills to make them versatile is the key....contradictory to yourself you confuse me..

Last edited by blckshdwdragon; 2003-07-31 at 01:03 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2003-07-31, 12:59 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post "Hybrid Assassin Guide"
finished updating guide, will go over MA sin a bit later when i feel like it ^ ^

Last edited by blckshdwdragon; 2003-07-31 at 01:26 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2003-08-02, 05:32 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post "Hybrid Assassin Guide"
Un stuck and link added to asn guide sticky.

http://www.zelaron.com/forums/showth...563#post294563

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-08-14, 10:58 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post "Hybrid Assassin Guide"
MARTIAL ARTS SECTION ADDED!!! any comments good or bad just dont goto FoF vs ww | fury | zeal | jab thats just stupid comparing aprox 2:1 hits and being interuppted no nOOb questions on this plz.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

blckshdwdragon