Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post Manga
Posted 2003-06-30, 10:45 AM
I've bought a few books on how to draw manga cause i really love anime and want to learn how to draw it on my own. Just wondering if anyone else does it, tried it, or know someone that does or tried and are not of asian background.

By every fiber of your being you are truely a man slayer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Batosi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBatosi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Batosi

Posted 2003-06-30, 01:07 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Manga"
Batosi said:
are not of asian background.
So what's wrong with asian? hu They too smart for you ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-06-30, 01:13 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Manga"
Im white, and I have How to Draw Manga: Basics and own tons of anime. Im not very good at drawing yet, still learning
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2003-06-30, 01:14 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Manga"
Asians being smart is just a stereotype. Some are smart, but not the the general consensus....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-06-30, 01:28 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Manga"
Lets just say that Asians' school are stricter.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-06-30, 01:30 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Manga"
I don't doubt that. Just like Chinese gymnists lives are owned pretty much when they come out of their mother's womb.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-06-30, 01:43 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Manga"
ganga said:
Lets just say that Asians' school are stricter.
I like the schools to be stricter though.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-30, 01:47 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Manga"
Wait until college, assuming you don't take a gravy major, like Business or something along those lines.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2003-06-30, 01:52 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Manga"
I am in College....

I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-30, 01:55 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Manga"
Major?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2003-06-30, 02:01 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Manga"
Fine, I mean I like the High School to be stricter.

(I'm going to switch to Science next year)
(Just realize you get the Master Level)

(Shouldn't we be talking about Manga? )

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-30, 02:05 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Manga"
Oh, I knew you meant that you liked high schools to be stricter, I was just wondering what your major was in college?

Don't take offense if you are Business. I'm Power and Control Systems Engineering, which is very tough, and one of my roommates is a Business major. We know that it isn't easy, per say, but it is in no way, shape or form comparable to the material I've covered thus far. I'm literally in a math equivalent of like Calculus 9. 1 problem is anywhere from 1-4 pages in length. Kinda crazy, but I'm used to it now...

EDIT: I don't even know what "Manga" is...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2003-06-30, 02:07 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Manga"
It is similar to Information Technology, but not exactly. It turns out to be not what...the type of stuff I like.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-30, 02:19 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Manga"
hehe, Manga It's like my sig or like senesia's sig. Oo senesia you got 2k posts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Ganga

Posted 2003-06-30, 02:19 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Manga"
What science are you picking up on then? Are you at least able to transfer some credits over?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2003-06-30, 02:25 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Manga"
Chem, and Bio.
I can transfer Calc, Math, English over, I think. I sent the credit transferring request...the school is slow.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-30, 02:27 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Manga"
Gotcha, well, good luck, hope you like those better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2003-06-30, 03:29 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Manga"
Ummm....i initially started this post to be about manga. lol. and no i have nothing against asians. I just was curious to see what other people had done other than the people that origonated and are probably pretty good at drawing it. I'd like to develope some anime skills cause most american drawing sucks (except for good comic book illustrators like Stan Lee).

By every fiber of your being you are truely a man slayer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Batosi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBatosi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Batosi

Posted 2003-06-30, 03:37 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Manga"
Actually I don't think the Americans' drawing sucks, it is just a different style. While the drawing in Anime/Manga are cute/pretty (in most eyes), they are not as realistic.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-30, 05:34 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Manga"
Nope not realistic at all, I dont like it. And the only reason is because I find japanese anime shows and stuff like that compleatly dumb. So I that just made me hate the whole thing all together...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez