Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Great Reading!
Posted 2002-11-14, 09:38 PM
If you're bored, or feel like some good reading, check these out (read in order as they tell a story).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Sysadmin:
http://www.gamespy.com/dailyvictim/index.asp?id=356

Unix Server Administrator
http://www.gamespy.com/dailyvictim/index.asp?id=119

Ultimate Backup Plan
http://www.gamespy.com/dailyvictim/index.asp?id=365

LPB
http://www.gamespy.com/dailyvictim/index.asp?id=186

Dark Overclocker
http://www.gamespy.com/dailyvictim/index.asp?id=13

Dark Showdown
http://www.gamespy.com/dailyvictim/index.asp?id=194

Each is 1-10 minutes long probably totaling... around 40 minutes of good reading. I would definately reccomend checking these out. Post responses if you like, but read them first. Have fun =)
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?

Last edited by Medieval Bob; 2002-11-14 at 09:40 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2002-11-15, 07:23 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Great Reading!"
Arg, I don't really have time to just sit down and read for 40 minutes, and I probably wouldn't even if I did. But, if you gave a very brief description of each one, maybe if one sparks my interest I would raed it, but that is up to you if you feel like going through that trouble!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2002-11-15, 09:23 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Great Reading!"
I've read those. Pretty good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-11-15, 10:04 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Great Reading!"
screw dis ain't that good... i'm not THAT bored... lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-11-15, 10:20 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Great Reading!"
How can you be so lazy as not to read? And Titusfied, those are the best 6 stories out of 513... I will *NoT* summarize them, as they are absolute Gold. At the very least, read the top three.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2002-11-18, 10:34 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Great Reading!"
Ehh, they were the best 6 huh? They weren't that good, except the third one of the first three. But you can't just read the third one, as they all tie into the ending of the third one. I wish it was better though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2002-11-18, 04:07 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Great Reading!"
Looks like that post was ripped =-/. You dont normally write like that
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-11-18, 05:40 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Great Reading!"
Quote:
Originally posted by Titusfied
Ehh, they were the best 6 huh? They weren't that good, except the third one of the first three. But you can't just read the third one, as they all tie into the ending of the third one. I wish it was better though.
The first two weren't as good as the third, but they were both pretty sweet. Also, as you said, they were an introduction to the third. And yes, those are my personal top 6. I've read all 500+ at least once, many two or three times. Anyhow, check it out of you get bored and want more to read. There's a top 10 based upon reader ranking. I don't agree with some of the ratings, but none of the top few suck.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-07-22, 11:08 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Great Reading!"
*double post to bring back some good reading*

tacoX said:
Looks like that post was ripped =-/. You dont normally write like that
And I don't nomally rip.... unlike some people *cough*

Anyhow, to anybody who hasn't read those, I would reccomend it. There are now 625 Daily Victims, and, besides a series about Dance Dance Revolution, a series about a fishing ps2 controller, a series about a racing tournament, and a Smash Brothers Melee series, none have come close to the greatness that are the first three DV's I listed.

If you have time, I would reccomend sitting down and reading all of them, or possible reading 20 or so a day until you finish them. I'm going to go through them all again tomorrow and paste the links of the ones I really like for anybody who is interested but simply too lazy to sort through them all.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-07-22, 11:15 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Great Reading!"
I will read it tonight. Something to do before bedtime.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-07-23, 01:32 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Great Reading!"
The first 3 were great, and the Dark Overclocker was funny too.
Flame me.

My DeadJournal...you know you want to.

"War doesn't determine who is right, it determines who is left."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
InvaderJon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenInvaderJon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

InvaderJon