Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Rm Discussion # 2 (having a creator control a players emotions)
Posted 2004-10-20, 07:01 PM
09:01 PM:
You know the deal Im just gonna bring in these two but lets help out people from the masters on this site.... have a serious discussion on how to control a person's emotion as they play the game.

09:19 PM:
Man death and love are getting old people should try other emotions while still having it effective (im only say death and love are the most commonly used in RM games or RPGs in general) like fear, sadness, happyness, nervousness, etc.

Last edited by BlueCube; 2004-10-23 at 01:02 PM. Reason: D-D-D-Double Post
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Aurvian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAurvian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Aurvian

Posted 2004-10-21, 09:36 AM in reply to Aurvian's post "Rm Discussion # 2 (having a creator..."
I'm giving Lunacism a try in my Books of Lenny games. WIll give the result if they ever get finished.

----------

In fact...I've got a week holiday coming up. I could try and make the first game then...or maybe not.

Hmmm, I'd probably need ideas for mini games and such, but I can do the story line no problem.

----------

For some reason I am wearing a T-shirt with lots of emotions on it. It ties in with the thread so...

Exhausted
Confused
Ecstatic
Guilty
Suspicious
Angry
Hysterical
Frustrated
Sad
Confident
Embarrassed
Happy
Mischievous
Disgusted
Frightened
Enraged
Ashamed
Cautious
Smug
Depressed
Overwhelmed
Hopeful
Lonely
Lovestruck
Jealous
Bored
Surprised
Anxious
Shocked
Shy.

So, how are you feeling today???
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2004-10-22, 11:29 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'm giving Lunacism a try in my Books..."
01:29 PM:
Lenny said:
I'm giving Lunacism a try in my Books of Lenny games. WIll give the result if they ever get finished.

----------

In fact...I've got a week holiday coming up. I could try and make the first game then...or maybe not.

Hmmm, I'd probably need ideas for mini games and such, but I can do the story line no problem.

----------

For some reason I am wearing a T-shirt with lots of emotions on it. It ties in with the thread so...

Exhausted
Confused
Ecstatic
Guilty
Suspicious
Angry
Hysterical
Frustrated
Sad
Confident
Embarrassed
Happy
Mischievous
Disgusted
Frightened
Enraged
Ashamed
Cautious
Smug
Depressed
Overwhelmed
Hopeful
Lonely
Lovestruck
Jealous
Bored
Surprised
Anxious
Shocked
Shy.

So, how are you feeling today???
sweet thats tight ... ill prob start a new game in december, since ill have the entire month off =) plus some of january.

===================
01:32 PM:
Lenny said:

----------
Thats tight so who is going mad the main chara's family member, mc, sc or an antagonist

Last edited by BlueCube; 2004-10-23 at 01:03 PM. Reason: D-D-D-Double Post
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Aurvian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAurvian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Aurvian

Posted 2004-10-22, 12:10 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'm giving Lunacism a try in my Books..."
Er...Lenny I think.

It's a little game (no fighting, or not very much) in which you play Lenny.

You level up through the different stages of mad prophet with Big-Nose, getting madder as you go:

Pig-farmer's assisstant
¦
¦
v
Chosen one, stage 1 --> just starting out, visions and the such.
¦
¦
v
Chosen one, stage 2 --> street shouting, standing on soap box.
¦
¦
v
Chosen one, final stage --> progress to a proper veg crate, oh the happiness.

Then the lunacism sets in:

Clerk
Preacher
Loony "I am the chosen one so bow down" guy.
Prophet
Big-Nosed Prophet
Martyr

and such.

If you haven't read the Four Books of Lenny yet, then I advise you do so.

The game is split up into 4 chapters.

At the end of each chapter is a Book of Lenny.

And so on. Hopefully it will contain min-games in which you get experience etc.

I don't know if you've played the Discworld games for PS1, but it will hopefully be like, I think it's, the first one, where you play as Rincewind.

Lunacism features highly in the game, with funny comments and side-splitting dialogues between the characters, usually ending with Lenny getting something done to him.

So, what ya think???
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2004-10-22, 12:16 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Er...Lenny I think. It's a little..."
Lenny said:
Er...Lenny I think.

It's a little game (no fighting, or not very much) in which you play Lenny.

You level up through the different stages of mad prophet with Big-Nose, getting madder as you go:

Pig-farmer's assisstant
¦
¦
v
Chosen one, stage 1 --> just starting out, visions and the such.
¦
¦
v
Chosen one, stage 2 --> street shouting, standing on soap box.
¦
¦
v
Chosen one, final stage --> progress to a proper veg crate, oh the happiness.

Then the lunacism sets in:

Clerk
Preacher
Loony "I am the chosen one so bow down" guy.
Prophet
Big-Nosed Prophet
Martyr

and such.

If you haven't read the Four Books of Lenny yet, then I advise you do so.

The game is split up into 4 chapters.

At the end of each chapter is a Book of Lenny.

And so on. Hopefully it will contain min-games in which you get experience etc.

I don't know if you've played the Discworld games for PS1, but it will hopefully be like, I think it's, the first one, where you play as Rincewind.

Lunacism features highly in the game, with funny comments and side-splitting dialogues between the characters, usually ending with Lenny getting something done to him.

So, what ya think???
That sounds tight =) make it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Aurvian

Posted 2004-10-22, 12:18 PM in reply to Aurvian's post starting "That sounds tight =) make it"
I'll try my best.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2004-10-22, 04:32 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'll try my best."
Ok back on track about emotions ... what the best and worst time to use certain emotions during the story in Zelaron communities' opion?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Aurvian

Posted 2004-10-23, 11:02 AM in reply to Aurvian's post starting "Ok back on track about emotions ......"
Emotions are something that can greatly affect a game or it can have no effect whatsoever. There really is no best time to use emotions, I say. You kinda have to let the player grow with the characters, then have something happen to them. (Final Fantasy VII is a great example, because if you choose to make Cloud like Aeris, then you are really devastated when she dies) Not necessarily death, but it could lead to that. Like say for instance, a hero has the world going the way he wants, then bad stuff starts happening, and just when he thinks it can't get any worse, it does. But, DO NOT USE DEATH! THIS WILL FUCK UP THE ENTIRE STORY!!! Have it so the hero starts to feel like shit, then he starts to show no emotions at all, yet he still has them, only supressed. Then people start dying, and he doesn't care. NO ONE FROM THE MAIN TEAM CAN DIE FOR THIS TO WORK!!! He starts to build an attraction to the main female character( or male ) and then, the hero starts to open up more, now that they have experienced the worst, and they have almost caught the main bad guy. NOW you can kill his girl (or guy) and then that's the perfect time to MESS WITH THE EMOTIONS. Also, this works really great if the characters choices affect gameplay, because, then they feel bad for making the wrong choices. The worst time to put emotions into play is near the end of the game. Throughout the entire game, there are no emotions at all, and then at the end someone dies, and the player is supposed to cry for them?? Doesn't work that way. This is my personal belief, which is why I like RPG's because they build your emotions towards characters, then fuck with them, and you think, "God damn, that sucks!", or, "This can't happen to him/her!" So, this concludes my theory. What about yours Aurvian?
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003