Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Posted 2004-07-27, 08:38 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I didn't get banned, no, but I did get..."
I don't care! The fact still stands that you weren't banned and D3V was. Explain that, please.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-07-27, 08:41 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I don't care! The fact still stands..."
If you are referring to d3v's most recent ban in which he was out for a few days, I had nothing to do with that, so I wouldn't be able to answer any questions regarding that.

Edit- let me look around and try to find out why he got banned.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-07-27, 08:43 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "If you are referring to d3v's most..."
Oh my freaking God! I KNOW WHY HE WAS BANNED. IT WAS ALMOST THE SAME INSTANCE AS YOURS, ONLY INVOLVING TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE. What I would like to know is why you weren't banned and he was. Sheesh, why do I have to spell this out for you?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-07-27, 08:46 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Oh my freaking God! I KNOW WHY HE WAS..."
Because I'm stupid, remember?

Anyway, if a staff member wants to ban me for that, so people can stop crying and complaining, go ahead. The vacation would be nice .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-07-27, 08:59 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Because I'm stupid, remember? ..."
1st. I never said you were stupid.

2nd. Don't act like you want banned, Zelaron is your life.

3rd. I'm done replying to you so this good thread can stay on-topic.

One of the admins answer my question about 4 posts up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2004-07-27, 09:04 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "1st. I never said you were stupid. ..."
Thanatos said:
2nd. Don't act like you want banned, Zelaron is your life.
Ah so you think .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-07-27, 11:36 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Ah so you think ;)."
Obviously sov has a girl or something.
:P

I actually feel bad, because im the one that brought everyone hating on soverign.

Every time i saw somebody doing some horse shit stuff, sov would come, and you would blame him... Half of the shit he's done to piss me off is because of me. I know i've imed im NUMEROUS times saying " Slim, D3v, Grav did this and that..."So why do you put all this hate on him. Its not his fault he was doing his motherfucking job.

I dont give a fuck if this is flame or not, fucking send in the flame forum, delete my motherfucking post.

Stop making this piece of shit 'improvements' into such a big deal... Stop blaming soverign for everything because im sick and tired.

Fucking blame me too.

BTW

THERE IS NO MOTHERFUCKING FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKING CURSE RULE.

Oh and.

I want crazy european sex.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-07-27, 11:57 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Alright, you want cold hard facts? ..."
Thanatos said:
The reason why we did/do think there's a no-cursing rule is because of Penny's thread entitled, "Why is most of the Zelaron staff SO GOD DAMN FUCKING ANAL!?!?!?!?" It was later changed to say, "Why is most of the Zelaron staff so ANAL!?!?!?!?!!" - along with a few posts edited in that thread because of the use of cuss words. Woah?
Also, D3V was briefly banned for cursing, but that was quickly retracted. It still enraged me at that point, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-07-27, 11:58 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Are you arguing that you didn't want..."
Medieval Bob said:
Are you arguing that you didn't want D3V banned or that you did want Sov banned? By your logic of presented hypocrisy, you can't demand both.
I can't speak for Jizmo, but personally I wouldn't want Sov or D3V banned for that, but I don't think that was Jizmo's point. I think he was simply pointing out the double standard.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-07-27, 03:00 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I can't speak for Jizmo, but personally..."
I pretty much agree with everything said in Grav's list.

PS:1. Do I think I am better than all of you?
2. Am I too controlling?

I need serious answers, becuase it would be cool to know.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-07-27, 03:05 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "I pretty much agree with everything..."
No, and No.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-07-27, 03:10 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "1st. I never said you were stupid. ..."
The difference is, D3V has 5 User Notes, which means Warnings and no Bans within the last two months, meaning that any slight offense could be grounds for a Ban. Sovereign had zero (0) User Notes until the Penguin incident.

So, by your logic, if The1 came back and Flamed someone out of the Flame Forum, then I wrote the exact same Flame, you would want both of us Banned? That just doesn't happen. For minor offenses, that prick would instantly get Banned, but I never do shit that is so blatently against the rules, so I would get a Warning, which was the case above.

Clear enough, or should I spell it out for you a little more?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-07-27, 03:17 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "The difference is, D3V has 5 User..."
Im just going to say go on, this way you have to type a lot and I get to annoy you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-07-27, 08:08 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "The difference is, D3V has 5 User..."
Titusfied said:
The difference is, D3V has 5 User Notes, which means Warnings and no Bans within the last two months, meaning that any slight offense could be grounds for a Ban. Sovereign had zero (0) User Notes until the Penguin incident.

So, by your logic, if The1 came back and Flamed someone out of the Flame Forum, then I wrote the exact same Flame, you would want both of us Banned? That just doesn't happen. For minor offenses, that prick would instantly get Banned, but I never do shit that is so blatently against the rules, so I would get a Warning, which was the case above.

Clear enough, or should I spell it out for you a little more?
Titus, I'm so sick of you fucking mocking all the shit that we're trying to do. You know what? If you didn't want to hear it, don't fucking ask for it.

Regarding D3V and Sov: Either they both should have been banned, or BOTH cases should have been overlooked. Simple as that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2004-07-27, 08:45 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Oh my freaking God! I KNOW WHY HE WAS..."
Thanatos said:
Oh my freaking God! I KNOW WHY HE WAS BANNED. IT WAS ALMOST THE SAME INSTANCE AS YOURS, ONLY INVOLVING TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE. What I would like to know is why you weren't banned and he was. Sheesh, why do I have to spell this out for you?

So, you're the only one that is allowed to dish out complaints and make bitter comments towards others? If you would have used your fucking brains, you would have obviously been able to tell I was stealing a line straight from you, earlier in the thread.

I'm your biggest fucking supporter of this whole thing, but that was when I thought you guys actually had a decent list of improvements, not bull shit with no backing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-07-27, 08:46 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Titus, I'm so sick of you fucking..."
Posted on Grav's behalf

Thanatos said:
Titus, I'm so sick of you fucking mocking all the shit that we're trying to do. You know what? If you didn't want to hear it, don't fucking ask for it.
This is the kind of nonsense that makes people angry. What the hell is titus doing? He's acting like one of those guys on crossfire that people laugh at because he's being such a fucking pussy about everything since some guy stated a valid arguement. You are acting as if this is some kind of personal arguement against you. Straightly put, you're being a huge asshole when this discussion is about how uptight the staff is.

HELLO?? Adding fuel to the fire? Art thou dense? How about thou shuttest uppest and let us discusseth these matters without your snobby little "insight" into these matters.

And the no cursing rule? Chruser said if we didn't like it, to PM him. I'm pretty sure that means at some point it did exist. I'm pretty fucking banned, so you'll have to excusamoi for not being up-to-the-minute on these things.

Raziel noted that these problems mentioned are probably localized to one or two staff members. Shocking concept! We've had a breakthrough, people! Want me to roll one right off the tounge for you? Ngierevos. But if this sort of nazi-esque behavior is ignored, or even supported by the administration, it broods bad things. Want to keep pissing people off? Then they sure won't stick around for long, believe it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-07-27, 08:54 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Posted on Grav's behalf This is..."
We all get heated from time to time, and nothing is wrong with that. We have already discussed and figured out that there will no longer be a Double Standard. Staff will be equally punished, as members will be for violations.

Also, cursing is not a problem, which has been resolved. As long as "flames" aren't too severe, such as:

"What the hell is titus doing? He's acting like one of those guys on crossfire that people laugh at because he's being such a fucking pussy about everything since some guy stated a valid arguement."

This is fine, since it is basically a drawn out way of saying, "Titus is being a pussy." This will now be acceptable. The problem comes when an entire thread turns into one liners like that back and forth. That is when the thread will either be Moved to the Flame Forum, Closed, or Trashed.

Just in a little self defense to that above example against me: How am I being a pussy that people laugh at? You made a point, not a very well one at that, and I answered it. I didn't dodge the answer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-07-27, 09:12 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "We all get heated from time to time,..."
Acting as Grav's bitch, posting on his behalf yet again.

No thread should really be closed or trashed unless its one of those "official" vote-type things that has served its purpose. Unless it's somethine like The1 vs. Pimpiroth, in which case closing it makes sense to me. Or if its constant spamming for the purpose of pissing people off, where trashing something applies. Besides that, you should let things run their course. Threads being closed just annoys people. Having them mysteriously dissapear even moreso.

And now for the unimportant topic.. you're being one because you've been a fence sitter this whole time, acting as if you care or are in support of something when really you're just in for your own interests. Don't ask for what the members want and then dismiss it as "bullshit with no backing." I think you're doing a pretty good job on the backing, personally. I'd call you the Dubya of Zelaron in a forum of democrats.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-07-27, 09:17 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "So, you're the only one that is allowed..."
Titusfied said:
So, you're the only one that is allowed to dish out complaints and make bitter comments towards others? If you would have used your fucking brains, you would have obviously been able to tell I was stealing a line straight from you, earlier in the thread.

I'm your biggest fucking supporter of this whole thing, but that was when I thought you guys actually had a decent list of improvements, not bull shit with no backing.
I never once made a bitter comment towards anyone; Sov was acting like he didn't know what was going on and I basically had to bitch slap him back into reality.

What the hell are you talking about.. "bullshit without backing." I gave everyone instances in where two of the points were involved. Did you not read it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2004-07-27, 09:22 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Acting as Grav's bitch, posting on his..."
I guess that is just where we differ then. If a thread in the Chat Forum has 100+ posts, mainly consisting of 3 or so people just spamming the shit out of it, that deserves to get either Closed or Shitcanned.

How does me backing your choice to voice your opinion, turn into me only doing so because it is in my own interest? I can't attain a higher position at Zelaron. The best thing actually, was probably the 1st or 2nd thing Chruser said to me after becoming an Admin, which is something along the lines of:

"Being an Admin basically means you can do what ever you want. You are above the law, so to say."

However, I don't act so. You are the only one that can benefit from this (members). You not only open the eyes of the Staff, you can set new standards, which you have. Now please elaborate on how I am fence-sitting on this issue?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied