Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Anyone know any latin?
Posted 2010-10-27, 06:05 PM
I'm trying to figure out how "Only Mortal" is spelled in latin.

I've been reading about solus mortalis and solum mortalis, but I'm not sure if solum or solus is the correct term.

I need the latin term that means "Only" or "Just mortal" or "Simply mortal"

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks~!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2010-10-27, 07:58 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Anyone know any latin?"
-Spector- said: [Goto]
I'm trying to figure out how "Only Mortal" is spelled in latin.

I've been reading about solus mortalis and solum mortalis, but I'm not sure if solum or solus is the correct term.

I need the latin term that means "Only" or "Just mortal" or "Simply mortal"

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks~!
"I am only mortal" Tantum me mortali

Only = tantum
(nisi is also used as the conjunction)
mortal = mortali
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-10-28, 09:53 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Anyone know any latin?"
http://translate.google.com/?hl=en&t...|only%20mortal

nisi mortale

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-10-28, 05:46 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://translate.google.com/?hl=en&tab=w..."
"Mortale"... ugh. That just looks english-fied.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-10-29, 09:38 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting ""Mortale"... ugh. That just looks..."
that is it's literal translation.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-10-29, 11:10 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "that is it's literal translation."
Says google. But they don't even do punctuation correctly, in a german translation (according to the german teacher, who is from germany).
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-10-29, 11:59 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Says google. But they don't even do..."
So I would write "tantum mortali" for "Only Mortal"?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2010-10-29, 02:46 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "So I would write "tantum mortali" for..."
getting a tattoo?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-10-29, 06:18 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "getting a tattoo?"
Yeah, been planning it for awhile just haven't had the correct spelling.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2010-10-29, 09:36 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "So I would write "tantum mortali" for..."
I'd go with either what I or D3V said, which ever one you'd rather have/trust. Neat tattoo, btw.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-11-01, 11:34 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I'd go with either what I or D3V said,..."
Well I just used Google translate. I doubt anyone will see it that speaking fucking Latin and will be able to correct you or tell you that it is indeed correct. Lol.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-11-01, 12:49 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well I just used Google translate. I..."
Basically.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-11-04, 09:15 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Basically."

May I suggest you find a latin teacher/professor at your local high school/college and get the proper translation rather than tattooing what people on the internet tell you onto your body?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-11-04, 09:33 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "http://i.imgur.com/CZsw4.gif May I..."
that shit is gonna give me nightmares

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-11-07, 05:33 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "http://i.imgur.com/CZsw4.gif May I..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
May I suggest you find a latin teacher/professor at your local high school/college and get the proper translation rather than tattooing what people on the internet tell you onto your body?
Yes, you may.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai