Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Hard one! Everyone with expierience looks this way.
Posted 2007-09-01, 01:52 PM
I'm just wondering if it is possible to make random events.
Like percentence chance of something happening.

Other than that I need help with scripting. I'm looking for a few things:

*Jump - >I have script but where do I put it?

*Swimming - I could just fix this with alot of event stuff but I'd prefer
script.

*Speed Potion - I've made a consumable item called speed potion
that increases your speed too maximum. I need help making this only
lasting a while.

*Zelda combat system - Instead of entering a combat menu I want
the character to be able to just press a button and attack
(No damage system needed; they die in one blow).

*Tileset mergeing - I need to put in doors to Caslte Town.

*Fishing - Need graphics for fish and rod. Also need to know where
to put the script.

*Common Events - How do I make events that effects a certain
area around where it is triggered (for example; I use a bomb
that will kill all nearby monsters).

That's all! Don't need replies on all though. Hope for some reply.. -.-
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Zoeres is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZoeres is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Zoeres

Posted 2007-09-05, 07:32 AM in reply to Zoeres's post "Hard one! Everyone with expierience..."
First things first, which version of RPG Maker are you using?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-09-05, 10:36 PM in reply to Zoeres's post "Hard one! Everyone with expierience..."
Kinda sucks to die in only like, one effin' hit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-09-06, 09:59 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Kinda sucks to die in only like, one..."
He was viewing the thred yesterday, if that counts for anything?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-09-06, 09:45 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "He was viewing the thred yesterday, if..."
Quote:
I think he's using RMXP, but...I dunno. More information would be appreciated, Z.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2007-09-07, 03:02 AM in reply to Zoeres's post "Hard one! Everyone with expierience..."
Zoeres said:
I'm just wondering if it is possible to make random events.
Like percentence chance of something happening.

Other than that I need help with scripting. I'm looking for a few things:

If you are talking about scripts you are talking about RMXP, so go to 'Tool,' then 'Script Editor' and create a new script anywhere you want, then paste the script.

Zoeres said:
*Swimming - I could just fix this with alot of event stuff but I'd prefer
script.
Just use events you will save yourself a lot hassle, believe me I have a ,very, complicated, but nice once done, to use swimming event I made that has no lag or at least very, very little, on the game.

Zoeres said:
*Speed Potion - I've made a consumable item called speed potion
that increases your speed too maximum. I need help making this only
lasting a while.
Attach a common event that will raise and lower the characters stats.

Zoeres said:
*Zelda combat system - Instead of entering a combat menu I want
the character to be able to just press a button and attack
(No damage system needed; they die in one blow).

You obviously haven't seen how much work the person who had created a semi-remake of a zelda game no the RMXP, it is insanly complicated.

Zoeres said:
*Tileset mergeing - I need to put in doors to Caslte Town.
Just go to an editor like Adobe PhotoShop CS3 [or cheaper] and insert another image in, then import from RMXP under 'Tools,' then 'MaterialDatabase.'

Zoeres said:
*Fishing - Need graphics for fish and rod. Also need to know where
to put the script.
Again use a event, you will not find a script that can do it. [Choice two learn Ruby, I just started two weeks ago with my new book!]

Zoeres said:
*Common Events - How do I make events that effects a certain
area around where it is triggered (for example; I use a bomb
that will kill all nearby monsters).
Once again you are tying to incoorporate an event that is attached to a very complicated zelda-like game.

Zoeres said:
That's all! Don't need replies on all though. Hope for some reply.. -.-
P.S. DON'T MAKE A ZELDA-LIKE GAME UNLESS YOU ARE A VERY EXPERIENCED AT RMXP/RUBY/EVENT CREATER.

I appologize for the caps but seriously, you didn't know where to place a script. It takes a while to learn, stick around work on your skills, nobody can do anything perfectly the first time, or second, or third, or

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2007-09-07 at 03:05 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2007-09-19, 02:44 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "If you are talking about scripts you..."
Ye but I'm just new to this game.. I'm a quick learner when it comes to codes and such.. I'm in a programing class so we learn different codes atm.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Zoeres is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZoeres is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Zoeres

Posted 2007-09-20, 04:39 AM in reply to Zoeres's post starting "Ye but I'm just new to this game.. I'm..."
Zoeres said:
Ye but I'm just new to this game.. I'm a quick learner when it comes to codes and such.. I'm in a programing class so we learn different codes atm.
That's fine in all, I took a programming class as well and was very good at it, but creating a zelda-like free movement game like that is so very complicated. I don't even no where to tell you where to stat on something like that. Maybe one day someone will create a maker for that.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2007-09-23, 04:40 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "That's fine in all, I took a..."
Goodlookinguy said:
That's fine in all, I took a programming class as well and was very good at it, but creating a zelda-like free movement game like that is so very complicated. I don't even no where to tell you where to stat on something like that. Maybe one day someone will create a maker for that.
Well the only hard part would be making all around you disappear. But graphics are easy. Also button binding is a bit of a problem.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Zoeres

Posted 2007-12-14, 01:45 PM in reply to Zoeres's post starting "Well the only hard part would be making..."
Hm, Making a Zelda type system isn't that hard if you have a decent understandning of variables and Key Input Processing.

Secondly, if you want random events, use variables. I think (i'm not adamant because RPG Maker isn't on this PC) that there is a 'Choose random number' or something along those lines button in variable options. Then you just assign a variable to each random event. For example, if you chose Variable 1 to be Random Fire, Variable 2 to be Rock Fall and Variable 3 to be gust of wind, the random number chooser should choose a number in the range you entered and process that event. It can all be done in a common event, I think. If you give me a bit, I'll put together a little project to help, given that your using RPG Maker 2003. If your using XP, i'll see if i can help.

God i'm obsessed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
caj800 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencaj800 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

caj800