Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

masterchief vs ganondorf
Posted 2005-02-22, 06:42 PM
to well known male videogame charecters so who do you think would win. I personaly think master chief would lose. Cuz ganondorf is awesome strong and has cool moves.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KaMiOfFaLsEhOpE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKaMiOfFaLsEhOpE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

KaMiOfFaLsEhOpE

Posted 2005-02-22, 07:00 PM in reply to KaMiOfFaLsEhOpE's post "masterchief vs ganondorf"
It all depends on where they are fighting. You have give them a setting. Master chief would win if he had ready access to weapons, cause Gannon is a relativly slow character, although I'm not sure how well the chief would do considering he can't dodge roll like Link, which helps to escape his magic balls of doom. But considering he has basically infinite life, he can just have time to let his shield recharge inbetween attacks, I think he would be ok.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-02-22, 07:36 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "It all depends on where they are..."
It also depends on whether you are talking about Halo 1 or Halo 2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-02-24, 02:43 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It also depends on whether you are..."
halo2 and a combat areana
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KaMiOfFaLsEhOpE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKaMiOfFaLsEhOpE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

KaMiOfFaLsEhOpE

Posted 2005-02-24, 02:55 PM in reply to KaMiOfFaLsEhOpE's post starting "halo2 and a combat areana"
What weapons are available to master chief?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-02-24, 05:51 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "What weapons are available to master..."
Master Chief would win hands down. He has so much more experience fighting and the Covenant's plasma weapons are like his "magic balls of doom". Master Chief, with any weapons, would smoke Ganondorf no problem for one main reason. Ganondorf has no armor whatsoever to block/defend against and guns. And I highly doubt that Ganondorf's sword will do anything to Master Chief if Plasma Swords barely work on him. The MJOLNIR armor is a masterpiece of human technology, and the Master Chief was trained to adapt to ANY kind of battle and use tactics from the military of his day, to tactics the Romans used way back when. He is a friggin' tactical genius and Ganondorf just has magic, and brute strength. His strength might hold up for awhile, but eventually, the chief would win this one. Ganondorf will have to stick to stomping fairy boys.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2005-02-25, 11:34 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "Master Chief would win hands down. He..."
As I've said the Chief would win IMO, but your wrong on some points. Ya your right about the plasma sword barely working on him, exept for the fact that it can kill him in 1-2 hits?! The chief maybe a tatical genious but then again he's not exactly fighting a war here. But the basic jist of the fight would go as such, lets say they are fighting in Ivory tower. For the most part Gannon would float in the middle of the level maybe flying into one section or another to take some shots at Chief, maybe throw a magic punch or kick, in which the chief would take full on draining his shields and reatreat into a hallway or simply jump over turn around and blow Gannon a crater in his monsterous back w/ the shotty. Gannon would then probably try and pull some turn around slow low flying leg sweep, which the chief could just jump over again. Gannon would then go back to the middle and throw a few magic balls...That could end it there, but I doubt the chief would actually get hit, he'd proabably go get the sniper and then run around various corners shooting when Gannon loses track of him. Secondary weapon shotty. Done deal
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2005-02-28, 06:12 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "As I've said the Chief would win IMO,..."
Technically, Ganondorf can't be beaten by Master Chief. If he transforms into Ganon, the only things that can do him damage are the Silver Arrows or the Master Sword. Guns and sweet armor can't beat that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-02-28, 12:58 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Technically, Ganondorf can't be beaten..."
Hmm. I had forgot about that. Technically they're Light Arrows. Maybe the only thing's know to the Hyrulians legend that can beat him are Light Arrows and Master Sword probably cause those are the strongest thing in Links arsenal. Arrows hardly compare to bullets and plasma shots. No one has tried those...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2005-02-28, 01:34 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Hmm. I had forgot about that...."
I think it's because they are imbued with "good" and Ganon is evil.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-02-28, 01:35 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I think it's because they are imbued..."
Everyone knows that "good" is in the fourth state of matter.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-02-28, 10:43 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Hmm. I had forgot about that...."
Kaneda said:
Technically they're Light Arrows.
No, technically I was referring to the Silver Arrows. The only weapons in both the first and third games in the series that can do him harm are the Silver Arrows, not Light Arrows. They didn't become the Light Arrows until Ocarina of Time, and even those didn't actually do Ganon any harm.

Both weapons do him harm because of their magical properties. They are holy weapons, whereas a chain gun is not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-03-01, 07:03 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "No, technically I was referring to the..."
What if Master Chief was a priest? Then he would have a holy chain gun. And what about Swiss cheese? It's "holy". But for reals, You pointed something out that would give Ganondorf the upper hand, but this thread is entitled Ganondorf vs Masterchief, so Ganon would be cheating. (now you are gonna come out with some super logical, can't-believe-I-didn't-think-of-it-first, type comeback and make me look stupid) So, to save you the trouble, I admit that....MASTER CHIEF WOULD RUN LIKE A BAT OUTTA HELL TO TRY TO FIND SOME COVER!!!!

just kidding....dont' hurt me....too bad....
R.I.P
Pontiac

[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2005-03-01, 10:46 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "What if Master Chief was a priest? o_O..."
Nobody ever specified what abilities he has and which ones he doesn't. If he transforms into Ganon, he's still the same guy, he's just more powerful. It's one of his abilities, just like Master Chief using weapons from both Halo 1 and 2 at the same time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-03-01, 10:48 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Nobody ever specified what abilities he..."
I would think if his name changes he would no longer be Ganondorf. Just my opinion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-03-01, 10:50 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I would think if his name changes he..."
For example, do you call a catertpillar a caterpillar after it turns into a butterfly? If it could turn back into a caterpillar I would say it's far to call it a caterpillar after it turns into a butterfly.

Can Ganondorf turn back into Ganondorf after he turns into Ganon?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-03-01, 11:46 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "For example, do you call a catertpillar..."
Yes, as is evidenced by the end of Ocarina of Time. After you lay the smack down on Ganon, Ganondorf is back in his weird desert garb, floating in limbo cursing Link's name. It's not a permanent change.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-03-02, 09:24 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Yes, as is evidenced by the end of..."
Some similar examples are Super sayians or the giant monkeys from the DBZ universe, or Sesshomaru into his true demon form from the InuYasha series. Ganondorf-Ganon isn't actually an evolution, as say a butterfly or Pokemon, but a transformation. He is actually Ganon, and transforms into Ganondorf to conceal his identity and power. It's a move most Bad Guys do because they think that thier weaker, less powerful, more human appearance can defeat the Hero. When they realize that they are losing, they transform to let loose their ultimate power. During the time of transformation, the Hero just stares, and waits. Evolution is when the Bad Guy is powerful enough to get a better body that shows his power and allows for futher development. This is irreversible, as I said, the most common and well known example would be Pokemon or as !King_Amazon! said, a butterfly. Since Ganondorf and Ganon are actually the same person, both physically and spiritually, Ganon transformation is allowed. Wasn't he in a previous battle that this was a problem in?

Anyways, if Ganondorf does transform, then Master chief would have a bit of a problem on his hands. If he can kill Ganondorf before he transforms, then he has it bagged. This is a very close battle, but I could see Ganon/Ganondorf winning this just as easily as Master Chief.
R.I.P
Pontiac

[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Draco2003

Posted 2005-03-02, 01:30 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "Some similar examples are Super sayians..."
I'm prettys sure it's called a transformation and not evolution when a caterpillar changes into a butterfly. But you were right on w/ the Sayian still being a sayian wether he's in monkey form or not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2005-03-02, 01:34 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "I'm prettys sure it's called a..."
Ganondorf wins because he can turn into CANNONdorf and own everyone with his balls of magic powder +5.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav