Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2011-01-20, 01:12 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "wrong."
Oh, ok.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-01-20, 01:47 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Oh, ok."
Idk why we're arguing about this.

poor zelaron.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2011-01-20, 05:57 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I believe that any form of intoxicating..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
I believe that any form of intoxicating drug be illegalized, no matter what level of danger it creates.
You know, alcohol is mentioned plenty in the bible. Getting drunk is a sin, drinking is not. As far as marijuana goes, both sides of the debate spout a lot of BS, but at the end of the day the legalization side is more right; marijuana is no more dangerous than alcohol and should be treated the same way.

I believe that any form of death by human hands is murder. I also think that if she'd kept her pants on, she wouldn't need to spend money on EITHER protection OR abortions. Not only is it less trouble, it's less costly. In the end, abortion is not "controlling" your body. It's paying other people to allow you to abuse it without consequence. Y'know. Like a child who doesn't want to get caught picking their nose, so they do it when nobody is looking. Some people say it's all about morals, but really, it's all about if they're a worthless shit or not.
Statistics show that if a woman is going to get an abortion, she's going to do so regardless of the legality. Statistics also show that the chances of dying from an illegal abortion are significantly higher. Especially self-inflicted abortion has staggering risk of hemorage or sepsis. You might say that the murderer is worthy of death, but so is everyone else for various other sins. Where's the compassion? Abortion is gruesome and morally wrong, but that doesn't mean it should be illegal.

Too many blind followers following blind guides in today's "Christianity". Blindly following anyone is foolish. Study the bible yourself, do your own research, pray, and make your own decisions as the Spirit leads.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2011-01-20, 10:10 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "You know, alcohol is mentioned plenty..."
...Did that just happen?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2011-01-20, 10:19 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "...Did that just happen?"
WetWired does exist.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2011-01-20, 10:26 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "WetWired does exist."
I actually feel like I've legit'ly been "School'd, sucka". I like WetWired.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2011-01-20, 10:30 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I actually feel like I've legit'ly been..."
WetWired is an anomaly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2011-01-21, 10:06 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I actually feel like I've legit'ly been..."
He is the only person on this forum that I don't mind being religious. Simply because He is intelligent enough to make His own decisions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2011-01-21, 10:42 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "You know, alcohol is mentioned plenty..."
Quote:
You know, alcohol is mentioned plenty in the bible.
The bible says a lot of crazy shit like how women were made out of a rib, stories of a single man having 400 children, and the ark nonsense. The bible is meant to guide people's lives in the right direction, and those who make it into a literal interpretation need to holy-roll bitch smack themselves.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2011-01-21, 08:31 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "The bible says a lot of crazy shit like..."
No, that's a Dr. Phil book. The Torah, Bible, Koran are all ment to be literal. Genesis kind of makes this... one could say, "obvious"?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2011-01-21, 10:29 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "No, that's a Dr. Phil book. The Torah,..."
Skurai, are you saying you take everything in the bible to be fact as written, literally? I'm really curious about this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-01-22, 07:30 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Skurai, are you saying you take..."
Not sure. Depends what comes to mind, when I read the story at the time. I guess not word-for-word-literal, but it should all be taken as seriousness, not just "some story, to make people act nice". Honestly, idk. You've got me.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2011-01-23, 12:48 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Not sure. Depends what comes to mind,..."
So you believe that humans at one time lived for hundreds of years? You believe that the Earth is only 6000 years old, and humans and dinosaurs existed at the same time, even though science tells us that is completely incorrect? You believe a human was swallowed by a large fish and survived for days inside of the fish?

I can see arguments for reading between the lines and taking things from the bible, but unless you completely throw logic and facts out of the window I don't see how you can think the bible is a true story.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-01-23, 01:22 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "So you believe that humans at one time..."
Aging is related to telomeres. It's entirely possible that in the distant past they were longer or better preserved. As for the age of the Earth, if God created Adam as a man (rather than an infant), why is it a stretch to assume that God also created the Earth with age? Alternately, the creation story is a poem shown to be full of alternate meaning; perhaps it is better to take it not-so-literally. Even so, I believe that Adam was the first man and the geneology is accurate. You find it hard to believe that a God capable of creating both time and space is capable of sustaining a single man's life for 3 days in a fish?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2011-01-23, 06:37 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Aging is related to telomeres. It's..."
I find it hard to believe that such a God exists in the first place, the extension of that fact is not the issue.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-01-23, 07:36 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Aging is related to telomeres. It's..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
Aging is related to telomeres. It's entirely possible that in the distant past they were longer or better preserved. As for the age of the Earth, if God created Adam as a man (rather than an infant), why is it a stretch to assume that God also created the Earth with age? Alternately, the creation story is a poem shown to be full of alternate meaning; perhaps it is better to take it not-so-literally. Even so, I believe that Adam was the first man and the geneology is accurate. You find it hard to believe that a God capable of creating both time and space is capable of sustaining a single man's life for 3 days in a fish?
Sounds like a check mate. K_A's only reaction being "But it's not, so ha!", more-or-less.

Yes, I do believe that. I also believe the story of "giant beasts" being "slain by angels". Also known as Dinosaurs going extinct.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2011-01-23, 08:55 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Sounds like a check mate. K_A's only..."
Sounds like a check mate.
Call it what you want, kid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-01-24, 10:12 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Aging is related to telomeres. It's..."
Quote:
As for the age of the Earth, if God created Adam as a man (rather than an infant), why is it a stretch to assume that God also created the Earth with age?
I've never actually heard of, or thought about this analogy before and it's quite interesting. It's kind of like the holy trinity being referred to as water given that is has three states: gas, liquid and a solid. Clever, but accurate? Who knows.

Quote:
Even so, I believe that Adam was the first man and the geneology is accurate.
What genealogy could you find to trace Adam throughout time to I suppose, Jesus that isn't credited to some geocities type-website from a religious fundamentalist author? I mean, if you want to read the bible it gives no actual chronological times to specifically pinpoint what has taken place. You honestly can't say the genealogy is correct, when stating your source is as credible as Wikipedia.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2011-01-24, 12:45 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I've never actually heard of, or..."
Unless you claim that God created all of the different races 6000 years ago, the ideas that Adam and Eve are the "first generation" and that the Earth is only 6000 years old are mutually exclusive. It is not possible for all of the different races to have developed over the course of 6000 years, and we've got fossil proof of humans having existed more than 6000 years ago, before Adam and Eve were supposedly manifested. It isn't as if the only human fossils we find are 6000 or less years old. Hell, the word "fossil" generally refers to things older than 10,000 years, which according to the Bible is before God created mankind.

It's a ridiculous argument, which is why I'm not really bothering to argue against it. There's no "check mate" here, it's more like "if you accept these absurd things to be true then no rational argument will persuade you anyway so whatever." Science and the Bible conflict severely when it comes to the age of the Earth. The only way you can claim that the Bible is correct (by literal interpretation) is if you claim that Science is wrong, and vice versa. The only way people have been able to reconcile the two in any rational way is by not taking the Bible literally as fact.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2011-01-24 at 12:54 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-01-26, 08:01 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Unless you claim that God created all..."
Well, a few thousand years of incest will likely make people look different (different "races" per-say), and the Tower of Babel could have easily separated people by looks. Thus, races were created.

Also, I believe there was a man in the bible who had four children, all a different color, all from the same mother.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai