Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Built myself a new system!
Posted 2007-09-25, 06:51 PM
Yeah, it'll be pretty sweet once I get it to stop freezing.

Specs are as follows:
ASUS P5N-E SLI (nForce 650i chipset) Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 GHz (1333 FSB) CPU
Corsair XMS TWIN2x2048-6400C5DHX (800 FSB) 2GB RAM
Western Digital SATA 500GB HDD
EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 320MB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE Sound Card
Antec P182 SE Case

When it decides to be stable for a few minutes, it runs WoW at maximum graphics at 60 FPS without a hitch. It's a hell of a difference between minimum graphics at 25FPS (standing still, I often Main Tanked raids between 5 and 10 FPS) to maximum graphics at 60FPS.

Should be loads of fun, just thought I'd share with everyone.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-09-25, 07:02 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "Built myself a new system!"
Sounds like a pretty nice computer. How much did all of that cost you?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2007-09-25, 07:05 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "Sounds like a pretty nice computer. How..."
Just shy of $1400. I did shell out an additional $100 to get a copy of XP Home for my old computer so I can give it to my Mother, but I gotta replace the PSU in it first (it literally burnt out after I made myself a boot disk to flash the BIOS on my new system).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-09-26, 03:38 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Just shy of $1400. I did shell out an..."
What is the source of the freezing do you think?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-09-26, 04:16 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "What is the source of the freezing do..."
dont buy a 800W psu, all you need is a corsair vx450
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2007-09-26, 04:19 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "What is the source of the freezing do..."
-Spector- said:
What is the source of the freezing do you think?
The motherboard seems to be very temperamental in regards to memory you equip it with, and my processor was only supported after flashing the BIOS to a recent version.

I've been troubleshooting it for a few days, and I may have gotten it fixed this morning. I got it running a stress test at home while I'm at work to see if it's resolved, as it never really run for more than an hour doing anything more than surfing the 'net, so having it under load for a few hours should tell me for sure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker