Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Emulators
Posted 2006-06-08, 02:37 PM
Can some one please post a link to a place where I can legaly get emulators?
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2006-06-09, 12:13 AM in reply to Asamin's post "Emulators"
u can legally get emulators newhere...what is legal about it is that
1.) u own the game
2.) u delete it within 24 hours of dling it
so you can legally get emulators wherever u can dl them just the legal part is tricky but noone really follows them...well i guess those rules are for roms...emulators are legal but those rules apply to roms. dont follow rulez they are for pussies...Mmmm pussy )
hokt on fonix rele wurkt fer me!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
1dumMan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between1dumMan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

1dumMan

Posted 2006-06-09, 06:41 AM in reply to 1dumMan's post starting "u can legally get emulators..."
Actually, there is no "24-hour rule". Any possession of "ROM's" (basically a backup of the game) is illegal, whether or not you own the original title.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2006-06-09, 09:09 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Actually, there is no "24-hour rule"...."
no there is a 24 hour rule....look it up...u can have the game on backup if you OWN THE GAME...like most rom sites they always give a list of rules and the rules generally state that you own the game and will delete it within 24 hours
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
1dumMan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between1dumMan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

1dumMan

Posted 2006-06-09, 12:29 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Actually, there is no "24-hour rule"...."
Big bad gaming compaies want you to buy a new game if Fido chews up your old one. Not cool
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-06-09, 12:48 PM in reply to 1dumMan's post starting "no there is a 24 hour rule....look it..."
1dumMan said:
no there is a 24 hour rule....look it up...u can have the game on backup if you OWN THE GAME...like most rom sites they always give a list of rules and the rules generally state that you own the game and will delete it within 24 hours

I insist that you are mistaken. Depending on your legal jurisdiction, it is sometimes lawful to personally make backup copies of the games/software you own. Downloading a copy of the software is always illegal, whether or not you are in possession of the original game.

GameFAQs said:
What about the "24 hour rule" that says I can try out copies for 24 hours before deleting them?

The "24 hour rule" is a clear example of why you should never take legal advice from software pirates. There is no such rule; downloading a copy of copyrighted software not intended for distribution is always illegal, no matter how long you have it.
SIAA said:
The 24-hour rule and Abandonware are urban legends created and circulated to justify violations of copyright law on the Internet. The 24-hour rule claims that a user can download a program and use it for 24 hours to determine if they want to continue use-they then have to delete it or buy it. Adandonware is a term used to describe software that a copyright holder has ceased distributing or supporting for more then five years. In fact, neither exists under copyright law.

Sources:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/help/entry.html?cat=24
http://www.siia.net/piracy/pubs/statement_24hour.pdf
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2006-06-09 at 12:51 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2006-06-09, 01:36 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I insist that you are mistaken...."
well i guess i cant compete w/ that...but who carez roms are fun and just dl them neways...fuck the law man
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

1dumMan

Posted 2006-06-09, 03:25 PM in reply to 1dumMan's post starting "well i guess i cant compete w/..."
I know Asamin In real life, I think he means Windows XP emulators. What 1dumMan said. Fuck the law.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-06-11, 06:48 AM in reply to 1dumMan's post starting "well i guess i cant compete w/..."
Atnas is right. plz sed me links to places wher i cal download emulators.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2006-06-11, 08:37 PM in reply to 1dumMan's post starting "well i guess i cant compete w/..."
just be careful...

both times I downloaded emulators I got viruses!!!! NASTY!!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
~JESUS~ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between~JESUS~ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

~JESUS~

Posted 2006-06-12, 01:45 PM in reply to ~JESUS~'s post starting "just be careful... both times I..."
But I have an Apple. No one makes virices for Apples.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2006-06-12, 01:47 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "But I have an Apple. No one makes..."
That's a great philosophy!!

So, you've got a Mac and you want to run Windows on it, right? Then you'll need to install "Boot Camp", I think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-12, 02:11 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "That's a great philosophy!! :D :p ..."
Boot camp, huh? I have the Windows XP installation disc. Will he need that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-06-12, 02:19 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Boot camp, huh? I have the Windows XP..."
I don't know if yu've heard of Boot Camp - but it's a legal program made by Apple to allow Windows OS to run on a Mac. I don't know how it works or anything, sorry. But methinks that he will do, yeah.

---

EDIT: I was right, he will.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

There's some info about Boot Camp. It's at Public Beta stage atm, so it's free to download.

What you need for it to work is:

Mac OS X Tiger v10.4.6
The latest Firmware update
10GB free hard disk space
An Intel-based Mac
A blank recordable CD
A printer for the instructions (You’ll want to print them before installing Windows, really.)
A bona fide installation disc for Microsoft Windows XP, Service Pack 2, Home or Professional (No multi-disc, upgrade or Media Center versions.)

So, if Asamin's computer is a few years old, he probably won't be able to use Boot Camp:

It's a new program that makes advantage of Macs now being made with Intel processors. So if he doesn't have an Intel processor in his tower, he ain't gonna be able to use it, sorry. It also needs Mac OS X Tiger v10.4.6 which, for all I know, could be the latest Mac OS, or one of the first few. I really don't know much about Macs.

Last edited by Lenny; 2006-06-12 at 02:52 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-12, 06:59 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I don't know if yu've heard of Boot..."
I know that I have 10.4 but I think that my mom might get angry about the 10 gb. The computer came with 80 gig. but we now have 55gig. I think that we can upgrade it to 100 gig capasity but I'm not shur. If at all possible get me as much information as you can.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2006-06-13, 03:08 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I know that I have 10.4 but I think..."
Do you have an Intel processor?, that's the question.

I'd give my right arm to have 55gb left of storage. This computer is 6 years old, and came with a whopping 30gb! Whoo! So big at the time. No we've got 5gb left.

You'll have to ask around for more info about Boot Camp - as I said, I have no idea about Macs or Apple etc. Just Google "Apple Boot Camp" and see what comes up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-13, 04:17 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Do you have an Intel processor?, that's..."
Yes, I do have an itel. It took me a wile to find out though
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2006-06-16, 01:28 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Yes, I do have an itel. It took me a..."
30 gigs.... *drool* mine came with a 9 gig hard drive, and I have 2.5 gigs left. Dammit, I need a new computer!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas