Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Somebody confirm this
Posted 2006-04-18, 06:31 AM
http://cellphones.about.com/b/a/257146.htm

Quote:
Google Confirms Free Global Wireless Plans For 2007
It's as exciting as it is frightening. Today, Google announced that it plans to launch a free global wireless broadband network that would offer free internet access and phone service to anyone willing to view at least 50 google pages per week. The network will run on Glo-Fi, a technology similar to WiFi and it will use abandonned satellite equipment. Why frigthtening? Because once Google increases its influence so much, they will be even more of the mamooth they are right now, sort of a Microsoft number 2. Exciting... well, for obvious reasons. But there is still a good waiting time before that happens. mid-2007 they say... if they don't get delayed.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2006-04-18, 08:31 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Somebody confirm this"
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12356390/

Looks like it might be true.

Quote:
In fact, last week, Google(Nasdaq: GOOG) got approval for its patent No. 7027987 for the "voice interface for a search engine."
It's an interesting idea.

I'd be up for trying it, especially if it's free (albeit only if you visit 50 pages).

EDIT: And another article http://www.out-law.com/page-6845

In fact: http://news.google.co.uk/news?q=goog...ed=uk&ie=UTF-8

Rather ironically, Google News.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-04-18, 11:02 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12356390/..."
I can visit 50 pages in like 10 seconds.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-04-18, 11:26 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I can visit 50 pages in like 10 seconds."
lol @ WKff

Lenny, google voice?

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2006-04-18, 11:50 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "lol @ WKff Lenny, google voice?"
Looks like it might be.

They don't half have a lot of things do they?

They've just released the Beta version of Google Calendars too!

http://www.google.com/calendar

Pretty nice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-04-18, 03:03 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Looks like it might be. They don't..."
Good for them.

This sounds pretty kickass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2006-04-18, 09:07 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Somebody confirm this"
That's not frightening.

That's badass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-04-18, 11:23 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "That's not frightening. That's..."
ohhhh

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2006-04-19, 12:33 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "ohhhh"
it's only a matter of time before i write a bot that will visit google 50 times for me
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2006-04-19, 07:29 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "it's only a matter of time before i..."
Because... you don't actually use Google?
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2006-04-19, 07:33 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "it's only a matter of time before i..."
Mantralord said:
it's only a matter of time before i write a bot that will visit google 50 times for me
I bet they're way ahead of you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2006-04-19, 01:20 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Somebody confirm this"
Sounds pretty sweet, plus I would prolly hit the 50 pages on like a tuesday.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2006-04-20, 08:19 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Sounds pretty sweet, plus I would..."
Yeah, it's pretty easy to do for those of us who are adept to Internet culture, who use Google the vast majority of the time. This seems to be targetted at those myspace-lol-cUteGuRl23542-emo people who likely just use MSN, Yahoo, or their spyware toolbar to search.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2006-04-21, 04:56 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "Yeah, it's pretty easy to do for those..."
And if you're lucky you might become hired by Google!!

Like the 15 y/o was...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-04-21, 02:12 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "And if you're lucky you might become..."
This just might be the best thing I've ever read. Ever.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2006-04-22, 12:25 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "And if you're lucky you might become..."
what 15 y/o? who are you talking about?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sciencekid

Posted 2006-04-22, 12:11 PM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "what 15 y/o? who are you talking about?"
There was a 15 y/o lad, from somewhere in America, who submitted an article to a news site, under a false name, reporting about a lad (him) who had been 'hired by Google'. The Google News bots put it on Google News...yada yada...and eventually he admitted it was just a prank. It also made Google review where they get their news from, and has resulted in them now only getting it from certain sites that they know they can trust.

http://www.modernseo.com/search-engi...fired-in-a-day
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-04-26, 08:16 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "There was a 15 y/o lad, from somewhere..."
Heh. Sweet.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2006-04-26, 09:05 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Heh. Sweet."
Only way a 15 year old would get a job with them is if Google delves into the information-rich industry of ...fast food.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood